Simply Boring?

I think it was his best until Kill Bill.

i liked this movie a whole lot but didnt think it had enuff black people. i mean, jackie brown is supposed to be like and blaxplotation movie so shouldnt there be more niggers in it? i think max shouldve been Black and so should bridget fondas character, cuz black people luv to smoke weed

Not fuckin cool.

Jackie Brown is an excellent movie. the music, acting and dialogue is great. it wasn’t his best film but i still enjoy it a lot, i mean, how could you not like a Tarantino movie?but yeh, there should have been more black people in it…

No he does not think there should be more black people, he’s just typing shit to get his ass banned. There are enough black people in Jackie Brown, that’s why he thinks he’s so fucking clever. We own his ass and he’s trying to get back at me by using the word nigger. Classy shit, retard.

[quote]fortunately for me I don’t fall into marketing hype.  On the DVD cover it says “full of laughs”, which I didn’t find at all on Jackie Brown.  I still enjoyed it just as much as any other Tarantino movie though, because it was a great story and even more greatly told.[/quote]

I found it quite funny, although probably for the wrong reasons as I was laughing at Robert Di nero’s acting :wink:

You deserve to get banned for that. First Terminator, and now De Niro. Get some taste you ignorant bitch.

I dont like this forum anymore.

I love watching the movie bit by bit. As a whole it grags on.

The start is a bit slow.

It really picks up towards the end.

It’s more ‘booky’ than other Tarantino films, and not really similar to his other stuff.

But it’s still great.

Sometimes my favourite, sometimes my least.

…I need to see Kill Bill 2 again. Someone has my…ahem…DVD.

Jackie Brown was goodbut I don’t think it is as good as QT’s other films.

I loved Jackie Brown. It isn’t my favourite, though (Pulp Fiction is and probably will ever be) but I have to say that Jackie Brown is a great movie: intelligent plot, interesting characters, great camera work…

You don’t have to like it just coz I did, but u gotta acknowledge it’s a good movie.

[quote=“MattyBoyHaribo”]
Hey Guy’s i just wanna know one thing did anyone else not really like JB i mean it was ok and all but it was not tarantinos best but it was his worst and im a tarantino a holic. i think that tarantinos most popular movies are the more violent one’s because that’s what people see him as a shocker but i did like the change but i really didnt think it was all that good. anyone else agree?
[/quote]

Of course it isn’t just you. It was Tarantino’s worst movie to date. He used a legend like De Niro to get people to go see it, when De Niro did fuck all worth noting in the movie.

Pam Grier was awesome but it focused too much on Samuel L.Jackson. Dont get me started on Bridget -Can I act?- Fonda, who was just begging to be killed off when she uttered her first line.

Dont let anyone belittle your opinion simply because you personally didn’t like Jackie Brown.

I personally give it a 4/10 and I am being generous.

[quote=“Fatale”]
[quote=“MattyBoyHaribo”]
Hey Guy’s i just wanna know one thing did anyone else not really like JB i mean it was ok and all but it was not tarantinos best but it was his worst and im a tarantino a holic. i think that tarantinos most popular movies are the more violent one’s because that’s what people see him as a shocker but i did like the change but i really didnt think it was all that good. anyone else agree?
[/quote]

Of course it isn’t just you. It was Tarantino’s worst movie to date. He used a legend like De Niro to get people to go see it, when De Niro did fuck all worth noting in the movie.

Pam Grier was awesome but it focused too much on Samuel L.Jackson. Dont get me started on Bridget -Can I act?- Fonda, who was just begging to be killed off when she uttered her first line.

Dont let anyone belittle your opinion simply because you personally didn’t like Jackie Brown.

I personally give it a 4/10 and I am being generous.
[/quote]

Well my old friend… to each his own!!

Yep, that’s what Pulp Fiction has done to the movie… everyone compares and finds this worse. Anyway I liked it and for the first time Tarantino shows a complicated plan and many cool things that can’t be found in his other movies.

I’ve only just got around to seeing this the other day, and I was kinda dissapointed :-</E> although im not really sure why… I had been told it was on another level to QT’s other films (not like KB, PF, etc),and I thought the costumes, the music, the setting and the acting/characters were all good, and the storyline was cool… butI just didnt really enjoy it, the begining felt a bit tedious (although it definitley picked up once it got going) and I just didnt really connect to the charcters or get engrossed in the story, which is strange cause like I said before, it was a good storyline…

I guess its just a personel taste thing, or maybye I just need to watch it a few more times…

‘long time woman’ rocks!

Jackie Brown is entirely character driven. To say the film has “one dimensional” characters is inane and riduculous! Aparently, you’re the typical film goer who likes to see gunplay, drugs, sex and violence within ten minute intervals. Jackie Brown is one of Tarantino’s best works. It is THE character driven film. To not like Jackie Brown is to not like Quentin. Jackie was all about dialogue. The dialogue built up the scene. When one of these characters bit the dust, you were like “damn, Ordell is one cruel motherfucker to be killing off all these people.”. Don’t give me that “one dimensional” character bullshit, go watch Jackie Brown a third time and get what the fuck I (and i’m sure the entire Tarantinians) am talkin’ about!

I thought the best part of the film was Deniro.

I agree with you there. DeNiro totally rocked in this movie.