Simply Boring?

Fuck, Melanie was getting on my nerves, I’m glad Luis shot her!

yeah Melanie got on my nerves too.

Melanie is sexy :-*

[quote=“Ify”]
Melanie is sexy :-*
[/quote]

Yah but she must annoy you, especially the part right before Louis shoots her

[quote=“MiaRose”]
Yah but she must annoy you, especially the part right before Louis shoots her
[/quote]

Nope, she doesn’t annoy me, it’s hard for sexy people to annoy me, only Louis was annoyed.

[quote=“Ify”]
Nope, she doesn’t annoy me, it’s hard for sexy people to annoy me, only Louis was annoyed.
[/quote]

Yah, you were probably to focused on other ‘things’ am i right?

[quote=“MiaRose”]
Yah, you were probably to focused on other ‘things’ am i right?
[/quote]

If by ‘things’ you mean her legs and breasts, then yes, you would indeed be right!

lol thought so :wink:

You totally don’t get the film. I have no idea why you would be in this forum when you don’t seem to understand Quentin Tarantino’s purpose. All you need to watch a Quentin film is half a brain. Anyone with this equipment will love it! I’m not insultin you here but maybe you need to watch it again! Fair enough you have your own opinions but be aware that others do too and you have to back them up with good evidence!

[quote=“Kkurtho5”]

Don’t give me that bullshit.If you cared to read my original post I said that I knew watching this, it would be more in Elmore Leonard’s world than Quentin Tarantino’s hence no ODing and people getting sliced in half etc. At the end of the day this movie sucked. I mean Jesus,did Robert DeNiro or Bridget Fonda even have a purpose in this movie?

And Mr.Translucent you may have an argument there with Jackie Brown (which I still kinda disagree with) but everybody else there had the dimension of a card board cut-out…
[/quote]

Some of you must wear headphones that remind you to “breathe in, breathe out”. Although Jackie Brown would not be my favorite QT movie, to say that the characters are not developed would only indicate a failure on the viewers part to comprehend.

[quote=“guiltygenius”]
Some of you must wear headphones that remind you to “breathe in, breathe out”. Although Jackie Brown would not be my favorite QT movie, to say that the characters are not developed would only indicate a failure on the viewers part to comprehend.
[/quote]
THANK YOU! Your are so motherfucking true…

i was extremely disappointed by JB when it first came out. i don’t think any movie could have lived up to my high expectations. PF is no less than my favorite movie ever, and to expect JB to be that good…was expecting too much.

now that i can watch it with some perspective, i realize that it was a bold move on QT’s part, and it’s actually an excellent movie.

jacky brown is one of the most funny fenomenons…it has a great director, inspired by a well respected writer, excelent screenplay, best actors(deniro, sl jackson) and came up with one of the worst movies ive seen. as i acted out the screenplay to myself before i ever watched the movie i ended up doing a ten times better job than samuel l jackson. i also loved reading the four rooms screenplay, but some people say its qt’s worst movie(i havnt watched it yet)-i think qt needs to be more stricked with the way his actors speek out the actual sentences cause allot of times his guys could have done allot better.

Change the avatar, they’ll shoot you for free.

[quote=“al bundy”]
jacky brown is one of the most funny fenomenons…it has a great director, inspired by a well respected writer, excelent screenplay, best actors(deniro, sl jackson) and came up with one of the worst movies ive seen. as i acted out the screenplay to myself before i ever watched the movie i ended up doing a ten times better job than samuel l jackson. i also loved reading the four rooms screenplay, but some people say its qt’s worst movie(i havnt watched it yet)-i think qt needs to be more stricked with the way his actors speek out the actual sentences cause allot of times his guys could have done allot better.
[/quote]

I disagree with most of the things you said there. I happen to think people say QT’s dialogue brilliantly, Tarantino has a knack for getting the best out of hos actors.

Upon first viewing of Jackie Brown, I was extremely disappointed. However, Qt speaks the truth when he says it gets better the more times you watch it. I now happen to think Jackie Brown is better than Reservoir Dogs.

Also, why would you act the screen play out to yourself??

[quote=“Ify”]
I disagree with most of the things you said there. I happen to think people say QT’s dialogue brilliantly, Tarantino has a knack for getting the best out of hos actors.

Upon first viewing of Jackie Brown, I was extremely disappointed. However, Qt speaks the truth when he says it gets better the more times you watch it. I now happen to think Jackie Brown is better than Reservoir Dogs.

Also, why would you act the screen play out to yourself??
[/quote]yes i said the screenplay and the plot n everything was good, but not very coherantly spoken, if it were coherantly spoken you wouldnt have to watch it ten times to like it, but structurewise the movie should have been a hit. but man ive never seen so many underchallenged actors in such an excellent movie in my life-de niro the master of throwing fits at people, shutts up nearly the whole way thraugh, to understand jackson i need to put the volume 3 times louder to understand: if thats the best you think actors can achieve …have fun.

and yeah a friend of mine got me into reading screenplays before watching them-its really good to learn how to appriciate the best of a movie before watching it…thats what got me to know that jacky brown was great from the onset as well as four rooms, infact when reading the screenplay the movie is much better in my imagination than it actually turns out to be when i watch it.

First time I watched JB I though it was boring. (Maybe it had to do something with that I started to watch it at midnight, dunno.) Like there was nothing exiting. And there sort of isn’t. But when you finally realize all the little things that isn’t put so much really in front of you, you realize that Jackie is in deep shit and she needs to figure it out somehow. This is propably the best movie from QT(, but not my favourite). I’d say that this is one of the most real movies there is.

It’s true that it is slow and long, but being slow and long, you have the chance to enjoy your time more with these characters. The slower and longer, the better. (Of course, I don’t want three-hour-long Jackie Brown, but this makes you almost want more. That’s what the book and rewatching is for.)

I loved it the first time I saw it.

I love it everytime I watch it.

I wasn’t really waiting for another masterpiece by Tarantino cause I wasn’t really that interested in who directed movies back in the day, so I had no reason to be let down. It’s still one of the greatest films of the 90’s. The dialogue and the acting are what make this movie my second favorite Tarantino film after Pulp.

[quote=“WeaselCo”]
this movie my second favorite Tarantino film after Pulp.
[/quote]

Me too!

Yes, Jackie Brown has that very peculiar quality to it which it shares with the films of the Coen brothers in that it gets better with repeat viewing.