ScarFace

Realy? didnt notice that. I was thinking about the end when he has the giant pile of coke u dont see him snort anything around then because its in front of him. i gotta watch it again and look harder.

I was fairly impressed with the special edition DVD. Good movie and interesting featurettes. It’s easy to see why Scarface has become a cult classic, especially within the hip-hop community. And it’s even more fun to watch once you’ve played hours of Vice City.

Fuckin’ bloody movie, mang.

i finally saw this movie tonight.

was i the only one that thought that Tony should have died like after the 10 bullets had shot him before the shotgun blast?

and i was stunned to find out that al pacino didnt win the best oscar. he really got into the role and started scarying me.

pfftt…those dozens of bullets riddling him were no match to his gigantic ego.

yeah, pretty much. Your body’s adrenaline can do anything from make you lift a car to make your heart pump blood after it’s been shot to pieces

right and only when the shotgun hits you, thats when you stop, right?

Of course the fucking shotgun killed him…it was point blank aimed straight for his heart. He probably didnt’ die right away but simply went into a state of shock (his heart is dead by now) and then he’s in the water pool below, dead.

Those other shots just ripped him apart, none were direct to anything like his heart or his brain to stop him.

I dunno buddy, why don’t you find out for yourself

[quote=“IL_Buono”]
I think Booty Call is a modern day Spaghetti Western :slight_smile:
[/quote]

Hahaha! LMFAO!! :stuck_out_tongue:

On topic:

I really like the mood of the movie, which is always grim and only releases with some blacker than black humour :slight_smile:

Tony Montana grew out as the basemodel for: BADASSMOTHERFUCKER. His attitude and determination are charming and appealing, yet very scary at the same time. Some very cool scenes, bad ass quotes and one of the best performances ever by Al Pacino.

[quote=“Cherry_Licker”]
Of course the fucking shotgun killed him…it was point blank aimed straight for his heart. He probably didnt’ die right away but simply went into a state of shock (his heart is dead by now) and then he’s in the water pool below, dead.

Those other shots just ripped him apart, none were direct to anything like his heart or his brain to stop him.
[/quote]

Best Death scene ev-er?

I read about the development of the .45acp round of ammunition. According to the book I was reading, the United States were in the Phillipines fighting for some reason and were being killed by soldiers that they had already shot several times. The soldiers were drugged up the way that Tony Montana was and didn’t realize that they were mortally wounded, allowing them to make last minute kills before dying. The U.S. Government decided to make a round that had 950 foot-punds of knock-down power - problem solved. This scene in Scarface is a lot more realistic that people would believe. No shit!

"AH TAKE YER FOOKIN BULLETS! AH TAKE YER FOOKIN BULLETS!!!"

BAZOOOM!!!

:smiley:

"YOU FOCKIN WIT ME! YOU FOCKIN WIT DA BEST!!"Ã¥

the games pretty cool, its fairly true to the movie ie capturing tony’s personality and stuff like that one of the better movie game adaptations!

These were the golden days for Oliver Stone - if you ask me he can write a better gang epic than William Monohan who rewrote an asian movie into “The Deaprted” which if you ask me - I say it ain’t Marty’s best. It dosen’t hold up against Scarface - no way! It’s a shame though that Oliver Stone has , well in his own way grown out of that aspect of filmmaking. He would rather do stuff like TWTC - just to impress critics and try to win a fucking oscar. And was this the first film with the line “Every dog has it’s day” ? This film has a lot of quotable line, I love it. “But me I have what’s coming to me…the world chico, and everything in it”

I’m gonna go against the wagon and say that I actually don’t like Scarface. Since people doing that mostly don’t have anything to contribute, I’m gonna try to back it up.

First of all, he is too unlikable. He spends the first half of the movie trying to get Michelle Pfeiffer to marry him, and once she does, he threats her like crap. I also thought the movie was a bit too long. I’m also not the biggest Al Pacino fan, which is kinda ironic since my favorite performance is Al Pacino in The Godfather II.

However, I have only watched the movie once (on VHS even), and since most people seem to like it, I am definitely willing to give it another chance. I don’t think it’s a bad movie, but as far as gangster films go, this is not in the top for me, and probably never will be (comparing this to Once Upon A Time In America is like comparing a water pistol to a bazooka). But maybe that’s because the gangster genre is so overly populated with great films.

I must also say that the chainsaw scene is the most intense scene I have ever seen in a film. It’s also one of the best directed. DePalma shows you just enough to make you feel uncomfortable, and the tracking shot leading us outside just makes everything more tense.