ScarFace

ok, ToothPick, you constant;y refer to films as being modern day Spaghetti Westerns…Pulp Fiction now Scarface. I can kinda see the connection of a Spaghetti Western and Pulp Fiction…but SCARFACE?! I don’t see how thats ANYTHING like a Spaghetti Western…or a Western at that!

please explain, maybe I’m not getting something.

By the way what the hell is a spaghetti western everyone talks about them but i dont know what they are exacly can u explain?

Western movies filmed in Europe like Spain and Italy. Sergio Leone is the most famous of these filmmakers of Spaghetti Westerns. He did the Man with No Name Trilogy (Fistfull of Dollars, For a Few Dollars More, and The Good, the Bad & the Ugly) Once Upon a Time in the West (I’ve yet to see this one, I’ve only now started getting into Westerns :))

But Leone used lots of CUs of faces, long silent pauses, long pauses composed to music, extreme long shots, and lots of walking. Plus the Mexican standoff…lots of CUS in those.

Ennnio Morriconne scores his films, and is probably the greatest composer out there in my opinion!

here’s an easy to read article that will give you a better sence of the History of Spaghetti Westerns;

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://www.imagesjournal.com/issue06/in … ghetti.htm”>Images - Spaghetti Westerns</LINK_TEXT>

alright thanks guys for all the help with that. its been pissin me off for the last few days

TOOTHPICKVICVEGA;

I still wanna know how you consider SCARFACE a modern day spaghetti western!

Scarface a WESTERN?!

Toothpicvega what the hell drugs are you on man?

Yeah what the hell scarface a western? its far from it. and to get back to scarface does anybody else think that the “say goodnight to the bad guy speech” is fucking awsome?

I’m guessing because spaghetti westerns didn’t tend to have real good guys/bad guys, just bad guys you root(spelling?) for.

Now someone bitch about what I said.

I think Booty Call is a modern day Spaghetti Western :slight_smile:

[quote]I’m guessing because spaghetti westerns didn’t tend to have real good guys/bad guys, just bad guys you root(spelling?) for.

Now someone bitch about what I said.[/quote]

I’d say they tend to have anti-heroes and bad guys…but I’ll agree with you.

I don’t see how Scarface is anything of a Western at all.

The “Say goodnight to the badguy” speach is my fav scene in the film. ;D

I think scarface is in a league of it’s own.

Yeah i agree with starkey. its not an action its not a drama its not a romance but it is Scarface.

[quote]

I’d say they tend to have anti-heroes and bad guys…but I’ll agree with you.[/quote]Goddamnit.

Yeah the “Say goodnight to the bad guy” speech was the best scene. Does anybody know why Tony was obsessed with tigers and lions and stuff. He talks about them through the whole movie.

maybe he respected them as the “king of the jungle” and he wanted to be a king.

[quote]Yeah i agree with starkey. its not an action its not a drama its not a romance but it is Scarface.[/quote]

It's a crime film with a good dose of exploitation and black comedy.

Black comedy? anyway i heard some people asking what tony snorts in the movie. So i watched it again today and i just noticed u never actualy see him snort anything. there is always something blocking out his face. i never realy noticed it till now. i thaught that was pretty damn cool.

not necessarily. You actually see him snort quite a few times. The fake cocaine he snorts is milk powder