Road Movies

I’m searching for some good roadmovies. I watched “Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas” again since a while and this is simply a cool flick, but its a bit too crazy and extraordinary for me. I’m searching for a very calm, chilled and pretty cool roadmovie with style, some cool tarantino’esk music and things like that. “Pink Cadillac” with Clint Eastwood goes in this line, but its not exactly that what I’m searching for.

Thank ya, fellas!

Badlands

The best road movie of all time…EASY RIDER

Easy Rider is the end all be all road movie.

The ROAD warrior, although I’d hardly call it a road movie. It’s still 10x more kick ass then most, you know you agree.

Ah, yeah. “Easy Rider”, I love that flick. Great film. But thanks for “Badlands”.

If you wanna see a good Mexican Teen Sex Comedy/Road Movie, check out Y Tu Mama Tambien. (make sure you get the unrated version)

The Sure Thing

Thats my favorite after “Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas”

I love Easy Rider and Road Warrior.

btw.

Deep in this Non Tarantion Section we have topics about this great movies! If someone wanna talk about them:

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://tarantino.webds.de/cgi-bin/taran … 1063591933”>http://tarantino.webds.de/cgi-bin/tarantino/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=ot;action=display;num=1063591933</LINK_TEXT>

Road Warrior

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://tarantino.webds.de/cgi-bin/taran … 1048706157”>http://tarantino.webds.de/cgi-bin/tarantino/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=ot;action=display;num=1048706157</LINK_TEXT>

Easy Rider

duel by steven spielberg :smiley:

Hell yeah, Duel kicks ass. Also check out Joyride.

If you like Takeshi Kitano or are interested in Japanese films, watch Kikujiro. It’s a very funny and heartwarming film about a man and a little kid who have to hitchhike so the kid can meet his mother for the first time.

I love Easy Rider (in my top 20 of all time). I also love Duel alot! All the ones mentioned so far are great.

One of my other favorites is Fandango (1985). Its about a bunch of college buddies who go on one last road trip before one of em gets married. Fun characters.

Vanishing Point is another great road movie to check out.

[quote]I love Easy Rider (in my top 20 of all time). I also love Duel alot! All the ones mentioned so far are great.

One of my other favorites is Fandango (1985). Its about a bunch of college buddies who go on one last road trip before one of em gets married. Fun characters.

Vanishing Point is another great road movie to check out.

[/quote]

Fandango sounds awfully familiar. Who is in that one?

[quote]

Fandango sounds awfully familiar.  Who is in that one?
[/quote]

Kevin Costner and Judd Nelson are the stars.

The Hitcher with Rutger Hauer is pretty cool.

way of the gun, not realy that much of a road movie. most of the movie is pretty thin but it has a great ending, one of the best

[quote]If you like Takeshi Kitano or are interested in Japanese films, watch Kikujiro. It’s a very funny and heartwarming film about a man and a little kid who have to hitchhike so the kid can meet his mother for the first time. [/quote]

I like Takeshi Kitano very much. The best Japanese director and actor in my opinion. And I also know Kikujiro. Its my favorite Kitano film right after his ultimate masterpiece Sonatine. I’m more into slow paced movies like this.

The best road movie is, without a doubt, Crossroads with that ever so talented actress Britney Spears.

Some other descent ones I can think are:

Repo Man

Midnight Run

Rain Man

Vanishing Point

[quote]

I like Takeshi Kitano very much. The best Japanese director and actor in my opinion. And I also know Kikujiro. Its my favorite Kitano film right after his ultimate masterpiece Sonatine. I’m more into slow paced movies like this.
[/quote]

Have you seen Kids Return? Just watched that the other day and I think I might like that even more then Sonatine.

And yes, Crossroads is great but I wouldn’t say it’s the best road movie. Maybe # 2 or 3.

[quote]

Have you seen Kids Return? Just watched that the other day and I think I might like that even more then Sonatine.

And yes, Crossroads is great but I wouldn’t say it’s the best road movie. Maybe # 2 or 3.[/quote]

Yeah, Kids Return is really great, but Kitano cannot top Sonatine. Just an incredible masterpiece. A slow paced, realistic, just wonderful Yakuza drama.