Reviving the 'stache

[quote=“Geoi”]
Yeah, I say “tache”, because Nick and Simon say it.
[/quote]

Oh so you guys say “stache” in the states? Over here we say “tache”.

We call it a FLAVOR SAVOR in Texas…

[quote=“Ify”]
Oh so you guys say “stache” in the states? Over here we say “tache”.
[/quote]

Nah, we just call it a mustache. I don’t think I’ve ever heard anyone here call it by a shortened name. I’ve heard it called a flavour saver too though. Or a muff buffer. Barf.

Take a look at the 'tache in action, albeit in a different setting:

- YouTube

I used to think this before, and this vid reinforces my belief that Pitt looks like Robert Redford. Does anybody else see it? The jaw, the way he moves his mouth and stuff…

No?

Weren’t they in a movie together? Spy Game?

Yeah. It wasn’t very good.

Got a new one:

fuckstache

[quote=“Ify”]
I used to think this before, and this vid reinforces my belief that Pitt looks like Robert Redford. Does anybody else see it? The jaw, the way he moves his mouth and stuff…

[…]

No?
[/quote]

You kinda found pictures that proved your point, how did you managed to find that ?!

Maybe there already is a general opinion about that but I always thought Pitt looked a lot like Benicio Del Toro, I thought about that nearly each time I saw a movie with Benicio in it. It’s like a badass version of Brad Pitt with scars or something…

[quote=“RatQuiRit”]
You kinda found pictures that proved your point, how did you managed to find that ?!

Maybe there already is a general opinion about that but I always thought Pitt looked a lot like Benicio Del Toro, I thought about that nearly each time I saw a movie with Benicio in it. It’s like a badass version of Brad Pitt with scars or something…
[/quote]

They were also in a movie together: Snatch. A lot of people would get confused between the two of them when they appeared on screen, haha.

Brad Pitt is uglier than Robert Redford. Redford is the hot! I used to be in love with him when I was little. I’ve never found Pitt attractive.

[quote=“RatQuiRit”]

[/quote]

I’ve heard people refer to him as the “Mexican Brad Pitt”, which I agree with, except that he’s Puerto Riccan.

Also, I hate mustaches. Plus my dad always had a beard and mustache, so I think that explains why I don’t find them sexy. Plus, they just look terrible, especially on their own.

ok back on topic: given Brad Pitt’s popularity, and given the possible ultra-impact of IB on popular culture, and the possible ultra-coolness of Aldo Raine and the implications on quotability and custume parties, do you think the STACHE will have a comeback? :wink: yes or no answer

I can somehow see the Redford connection, but I always thought Brad resembled Brad Davis the most -

And moustaches are a sure way to not get laid, unless you’re Johnny Depp.

I don’t know why, but a lot of my gay friends have been sporting the mustache, so maybe it is coming back?

[quote=“Sebastian”]
ok back on topic: given Brad Pitt’s popularity, and given the possible ultra-impact of IB on popular culture, and the possible ultra-coolness of Aldo Raine and the implications on quotability and custume parties, do you think the STACHE will have a comeback? :wink: yes or no answer
[/quote]
given plunderbunnie’s insightful woes of not getting laid I would say NO

[quote=“Sebastian”]
[/quote]

I’d love for it to happen, but it would take more than a very popular movie (let’s hope IB becomes one) to bring back something like the mustache in todays metrosexual vegan pussy world. A mustache is connected with an image of masculinity that does not fit the current zeitgeist.

btw, I also think white socks are great.

My Dad has a moustache…I can’t imagine him without it. He is your a-typical alpha male who gets what he wants when he wants it. I know that you may find it hard to believe, but I am not that way. I have the manners of an English gentleman. With that said, I tried to grow a moustache but found it to look completely ridiculous. Plunderbunnie has only reinforced my dislike for moustaches as getting laid is of the utmost importance to me. As a matter of fact, getting laid is priority numero uno.

That’s why I need to find a girlfriend. That way you can have a mustache and don’t have to worry about getting laid. that’s the idea.

it’s so funny, today a friend skyped me saying "damn, I can’t grow a mustache."

english gentleman is good, btw. alpha male sounds good too.

[quote=“Kinick”]
They were also in a movie together: Snatch. A lot of people would get confused between the two of them when they appeared on screen, haha.
[/quote]

Haha, that’s funny I watched Snatch the day before I posted my opinion about pitt/del toro lookalikeness.

I’m pretty sure Guy Ritchie added the idea of covering Benicio’s head with a bag to avoid the confusion between the two :smiley:

My 2 cents about the stache (btw in France we say stache, not tache), I can’t grow one myself, I used to think I didn’t have facial hair because I was too young but now that I’m 20 I’m starting to question the possibility of being able to grow a moustache someday :stuck_out_tongue:

During the rugby world cup last year, most of the players from France let their moustache grow before playing against New Zealand…it didn’t help bringing it back in fashion though.