QT making reference to his other films

Ive heard he inserts reference shots to some of his past films in his movies, but how come I cant see it:S

Some I can think of:

Bill telling Beatrix he’ll shoot her in the kneecaps and that he heartells it’s a very painfull place to get shot - Mr White in Reservoir Dogs says something like apart from the knee caps, the gut is the most painful place to get shot (something like that)

Bill says “You’re a Natural Born Killer” - QT’s script is called Natural Born Killers

There is a knife in Beatrix’s boots the ones she is burried in - Mr Blonde has similar boots in Reservoir Dogs which he takes a knife from to cut Marvin.

Mr White and Joe talking about Alabama from True Romance

There are countless.

I like the one in Curdled about the Gecko Brothers.

Completely unexpected. 8)

-Sheriff Earl McGraw in Kill Bill and From Dusk Till Dawn. The way he climbs out of his car and the way he looks in both movies is similar;

-Kiddo draws a square while talking to Vernita and Mia - when talking to Vincent

And so on.

In Reservoir Dogs the quote "Alright ramblers… let’s get rambling"

In From Dusk Till Dawn:

Seth: Okay hard drinkers… let’s drink hard.

Seth: All right, vampire killers… let’s kill some fucking vampires.

Seth: All right ramblers… let’s get rambling.

- QT always has a trunk shot in each of his films (where he climbs into a trunk and directs the camera towards those who open the trunk). He was part of one of these in From Dusk Till Dawn which happens to be one of the coolest trunk shots (judged by the faces of those who open it and their stance). Sam Jackson kinda spoiled his in Jackie Brown as he doesn’t wait long enough to give a menacing look into the camera in the trunk, instead he quickly reaches in to get a gun, he was in too much of a hurry.

• QT also has a unique car license plae shot in every movie (I think) This is where the camera shows a close up of the license plate before either a vehicle drives off or comes into picture. eg, Bill’s 4 wheel drive after he drops of Beatrix at Pai Mei’s, The Wolf’s car in Pulp, Budd’s truck when he comes back home from work.

• Red Apple Cigarettes feature in every film

• Kahuna burgers seen in Pulp Fiction and From Dusk Till Dawn.

Kiddo ruined the trunk shot too, cause it wasn’t possible to see her face.

[quote=“Bleach”]
Kiddo ruined the trunk shot too, cause it wasn’t possible to see her face.
[/quote]

Nah I thought she looked more menacing because the helmet had that effect. Anyway, when I said Samuel L Jackson ‘spoiled’ it I meant he didn’t look inside it long enough at first glance in a cool sort of way that all the other characters do in their trunk shots.

- He always has a long shot in his films where the camera follows a character around.

• One of his trademarks is the black suit. In every movie atleast on of the main characters wears a black and white suit. The Reservoir Dogs wear them. Jules & Vincent wear them in Pulp. In Jackie Brown, Jackie Brown later changes in to a black and white suit. The Deadly Vipers wear black and white suits.

• Widely imitated quick cuts of character’s hands performing actions in extreme closeup, a technique reminiscent of Brian De Palma. (from IMDB). I always wondered why QT did this, I just thought it was for a more ‘varied’ viewing, but now I know. It includes things like seeing a close up of - Ordell pressing the buttons on the remote control, Max Cherry changing gear in his car, Jackie Brown pressing the button to open the car window, Vincent opening the appartment door.

• QT also often frames characters with doorways, and shows them opening and closing doors. (from IMDB)

-Kaboom! Cereal is used a lot

[quote=“MiaRose”]
-Kaboom! Cereal is used a lot
[/quote]

I’m not sure if Kaboom! was used a lot, but I do know that QT uses old cereals a lot in his films, most of which are the ones he collects.

[quote=“Ify”]
I do know that QT uses old cereals a lot in his films, most of which are the ones he collects.
[/quote]

He collects cereals? that’s…strange

[quote=“Comfortable Silence”]
[/quote]

ha ha, yep, to each his own I guess.

you fellas have no idea about his trademarks and shit.

sit down and acctually watch the movies.

if you think you see something cool freeze frame it

In “Dogs” Mr Orange says that joe looks exactly like the thing.

When mr white, mr pink and Nice guy eddy come to pick up Orange the camera starts on the phone and follows it up as orange picks up the phone. Whats on the table beside the phone?¿?¿?¿?¿?¿?¿?

Its a “thing” action figure

[quote=“Comfortable Silence”]
[/quote]

That’s not strange. Strange are those thing people cannot understand, so they always have many strange things around them. What’s so strange about collecting cereals?

[quote=“beetle”]
you fellas have no idea about his trademarks and shit.

sit down and acctually watch the movies.

if you think you see something cool freeze frame it

In “Dogs” Mr Orange says that joe looks exactly like the thing.

When mr white, mr pink and Nice guy eddy come to pick up Orange the camera starts on the phone and follows it up as orange picks up the phone. Whats on the table beside the phone?¿?¿?¿?¿?¿?¿?

Its a “thing” action figure
[/quote]

You obviously don’t mean me when you say “you fellas have no idea about his trademarks and shit.”

[quote=“Bleach”]
That’s not strange. Strange are those thing people cannot understand, so they always have many strange things around them. What’s so strange about collecting cereals?
[/quote]
Strange:

1. Not previously known; unfamiliar.

2. a) Out of the ordinary; unusual or striking.

b) Differing from the normal.

I’ve never heard of anyone collecting cereals before. have you? That’s what i meant. if he wants to collect cereals, that’s fine by me…it just seems odd. (odd also means unusual)

God, how can they define strange as different from normal. What’s normal then?

[quote]You obviously don’t mean me when you say “you fellas have no idea about his trademarks and shit.”[/quote]
No i didnt mean real qt fans i meant the people that just signed up on here to find out what was in the briefcase and who talk smack about JB and shit and havent even see it