Official Topic For Discussions: "Compare QTs Movies With Others!"

http://www.impossiblefunky.com/qt/

Makes me sick. >:(

So what if QT “borrowed” stuff from other movies :stuck_out_tongue:

[color=blue]Altered [size=80]the title a little, there were some mistakes in there. - The Pink Floyd.[/size]

Hi!

First welcome to the board.

Well this are old news, pretty sure many people have seen his site. We all know the never ending story about "Oh, QT takes this from that movie!"

Who cares? I mean it is the melange of the details and his abillities which made him to the great director he is.

This guy have complained for years, above all that his film wasn´t shown on many events…

But again, enjoy the board and have fun!

edit:

In the Chat lounge, we have a introduction topic for new members. Maybe you want to say something about yourself…

I’ve been reading this board for a few days (right after i’ve discovered tarantino.info) now and decided to sign up.

Yeah I guess there will always be people like that pathetic guy who has achieved nothing, and all he does is bitch about someone else…

QT rules :slight_smile:

[quote]http://www.impossiblefunky.com/qt/

Makes me sick. >:(

So what if QT “borrowed” stuff from other movies :stuck_out_tongue:[/quote]

that guy actually likes Tarantino’s movies. that website is REALLY OLD, but pretty funny :wink:

Which brings up a point… name 1 director or screenwriter who hasn’t used an idea or theme from another film at any point during a film??

Easy: Teletubbies (TV Series 1997–2001) - IMDb

Although it wasn’t from a film, the idea for the Teletubbies came about by Andrew Davenport, from his facsination with NASA spacemen - his preffered obsession. And from once sitcom for 7 yr olds about space men came the idea for the teletubbies.

so whatever your interestes are, they will influence you, QT’s being films, films influenced him!

Damn you. ;D

I read this entire review once where the person thought they’d be really smart and point out all the things he borrowed for Kill Bill and he’s sitting there going “Yeah, so…?” That’s how I feel about it. QT borrows, but he admits that he borrows. He borrows because he loves those films. He doesn’t try to be “clevar” and steal a storyline and then bury it to make it look like he didn’t - the man used the same freakin’ Bruce Lee outfit! He’s not trying to ‘hide’ anything.

Looked over the site - who the hell cares? I actually thought the comparison was cool. In fact, it makes sense now why QT never showed the actual heist.

The funny thing is… I can actually find more cool stuff on that page than on most pro-Tarantino pages… like the theme to Reservoir Dogs… I could listen to that song forever.

but wasnt that the point of his movies? for fan geeks to find homages??

[quote]
The funny thing is… I can actually find more cool stuff on that page than on most pro-Tarantino pages… like the theme to Reservoir Dogs… I could listen to that song forever.[/quote]

why dont you just buy the soundtracK? offering songs for download is actually not legal anyhow…

[quote]I read this entire review once where the person thought they’d be really smart and point out all the things he borrowed for Kill Bill and he’s sitting there going “Yeah, so…?” That’s how I feel about it. QT borrows, but he admits that he borrows. He borrows because he loves those films. He doesn’t try to be “clevar” and steal a storyline and then bury it to make it look like he didn’t - the man used the same freakin’ Bruce Lee outfit! He’s not trying to ‘hide’ anything.

Looked over the site - who the hell cares? I actually thought the comparison was cool. In fact, it makes sense now why QT never showed the actual heist.

The funny thing is… I can actually find more cool stuff on that page than on most pro-Tarantino pages… like the theme to Reservoir Dogs… I could listen to that song forever.[/quote]

He doesn't "borrow". He himself had said that he straight out steals!

I don’t care whether he borrows or steals his material. The ultimate question that needs to be answered is: are his films good? I say “yes” and everything else is pretty much irrelevant.

[quote]I don’t care whether he borrows or steals his material.  The ultimate question that needs to be answered is:  are his films good?  I say “yes” and everything else is pretty much irrelevant.[/quote]

Puck, that is so true.
10 other guys could use the same movie details, but noone could do such great movies like QT.
All he does is unique in the way he makes it. I for myself love to see all this hommage to other films.
He allways find the perfect melange!

It’s true. Everyone steals. Shakespeare only had one or two original plays. Now hands of everyone who can name who he stole his source material from? Oh, that’s right - because Shakespeare actually made his stuff GOOD. Fifty years from now they’re not going to remember City of Fire, but they will remember Reservoir Dogs.

Well, hopefully they WILL remember City on Fire, because I thought it was a good movie, but I know what you mean. Tarantino is in a league apart from most of the people he rips off.

There’s a difference between “borrowing” and flat-out “stealing”. What Tarantino does in his movies is more of “borrowing” – Hell, I simply call them a homage or a tip of the hat. The way this assgravy in the link is spouting off, it seems as though he’s flat-out accusing Tarantino of grand theft screenplay.

Hell, some of the best movies of all time have been a homage to other movies. Look at Yojimbo compared to Fistful of Dollars. How about Seven Samurai compared to the Magnificent Seven? Shit; look at The Matrix. I see about 10 different sci-fi movies in that alone. The list goes on and on.

Tarantino is great with taking old ideas and concepts, mixing them together and spitting out something new and original, yet familiar at the same time.

Welcome to the board!

I absolutly agree with your opinion.

btw, would you be so kind to make a smaller sig? Sorry, but it is way to big for this board. You can read about it in the board rules. It is allways more work for our admin to delete too big sigs. hehehe and btw you sig is so cool, would be apity to seen it deleted…

who the hell cares if Tarantino steals or borrows from other movies. If i was a filmaker and he took parts of my movie to put in kill bill or something, i’d think it was a compliment. Like a part of my movie was good enough for QT. I mean, sure he takes stuff from movies, but look at the end results. If it works, keep doing it…

[quote]who the hell cares if Tarantino steals or borrows from other movies. If i was a filmaker and he took parts of my movie to put in kill bill or something, i’d think it was a compliment. Like a part of my movie was good enough for QT. I mean, sure he takes stuff from movies, but look at the end results. If it works, keep doing it… [/quote]

Word. As long as it aint stealing.