No Country for Old Men

[quote=“roulette67”]
The title ‘really’ puts me off on this movie. [/quote]

Wow, never ever heard that before. It’s a bit unfair, don’t you think?

yeah, you could say that. but that’s why i didn’t judge the movie by the title. i just think they could have come up with a better title.

Boy, how bout that ending eh? A bit on the unconventional side of things for sure. Still, I really enjoyed the film as a whole and by the third quarter I was absolutely enthralled.

[color=red]**** SPOILER

I just think that having an ending where Brolin’s character’s passing would have had more meaning, and possibly learning just a little bit more about Chigurh would have given more closure… and to be honest, in the realm of theater and cinema, Tommy Lee’s final monologue could have been used for a little more emotional depth after such a high charged film.

I just think something is most likely lost between what happens on film and the way things are explained in the book. I hear it’s almost a pitch perfect adaptation, and I wonder if maybe without an inner monologue throughout the duration of the story it’s hard to explain the importance of certain things.

[color=red]
/END SPOILERS ****

[quote=“pantsman”]
Boy, how bout that ending eh? A bit on the unconventional side of things for sure. Still, I really enjoyed the film as a whole and by the third quarter I was absolutely enthralled.

[color=red]**** SPOILER

I just think that having an ending where Brolin’s character’s passing would have had more meaning, and possibly learning just a little bit more about Chigurh would have given more closure… and to be honest, in the realm of theater and cinema, Tommy Lee’s final monologue could have been used for a little more emotional depth after such a high charged film.

I just think something is most likely lost between what happens on film and the way things are explained in the book. I hear it’s almost a pitch perfect adaptation, and I wonder if maybe without an inner monologue throughout the duration of the story it’s hard to explain the importance of certain things.

[color=red]
/END SPOILERS ****
[/quote]

There were certainly elements of the novel that explained things a bit better, and added a great deal more character development than was on dispaly in the final third of the film. These aspects were either not included altogether or simply glanced over.(I’m guessing due to running time considerations.) However, as far as book to film adaptations go this is one of the better examples that I’ve seen.

The best film of the year.

I finally got to see this last week. It was easily my favorite movie of the year. I wonder how Quentin would have made this.

On “At the Movies” Margaret Pomeranz and David Stratton reviewed it… and they both gave it 5 stars! … dam thats the only movie this year that Davids given 5 stars…

I just saw this again yesterday, and I must say it gets much better upon repeat viewing.

title aside… the best movie I’ve seen in a LONG time. loved every minute of it.

I gotta check this movie out. I might watch it today, not too sure. I bhhaven’t been to a movie theatre in such a loooooong time. The last movie I watched was Resident Evil: Extinction :o

That was almost three months ago! :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“roulette67”]
title aside… the best movie I’ve seen in a LONG time. loved every minute of it.
[/quote]

What’s wrong with the title?

[quote=“Jack Rabbit Slim”]
What’s wrong with the title?
[/quote]
It sounds weird

Not really.

Maybe Fargo 2 would have been a better tittle?

[quote=“Eastern Beauty”]
It sounds weird
[/quote]

So does Reservoir Dogs...kinda. Actually thats a pretty cool title. But to the average movie goer its weird.

Some ppl i know thought NCFOM was a comedy, just from the title.

Also, when people always ask me to repeat “O Brother, Where Art Thou?” when I ask if they’ve seen it. Those bloody Coens’, always thinking up original and interesting names for everything.

I love their titles:

The Big Lebowski or Marijuana Man

Fargo (Named after a city or town)

And the rest are also cool.

I still haven’t seen No Country For Old Men, but I will soon.

I love good titles for movies. I was reorganizing the foreign movies at work the other day, and realized they have far superior titles to the main biulk of the rest of the movies we have.

[quote=“Ify”]
Also, when people always ask me to repeat “O Brother, Where Art Thou?” when I ask if they’ve seen it. Those bloody Coens’, always thinking up original and interesting names for everything.
[/quote]

Yeah, they do have interesting and good titles. Although “O Brother, Where Art Thou” isn’t original :wink:

[quote=“Jack Rabbit Slim”]
Yeah, they do have interesting and good titles. Although “O Brother, Where Art Thou” isn’t original :wink:
[/quote]

Yeah, nor is The Ladykillers, but you know what I mean :wink: