[news] Grind House buzzer

[quote=“Ify”]
Oh don’t get me wrong, I love QT’s dialogue as much as the next Tarantino fan, but the dialogue in Volume 2 wasn’t exactly on par with his other stuff. I mean the dialogue regarding the pregnancy tester always makes me cringe. It felt forced and therefore unnatural. I just want him to get back on track with the dialogue, it’s the only thing i’m not 100% on at the moment. The Making of didn’t exactly allay my fears. I’m not saying I didn’t like it, but the scene with Jungle Julia telling Stuntman Mike about her feet felt very forced, and it just seemed to go on and on, and will most probably be longer in the film. I hope he doesn’t indulge himself too much with the dialogue. The trick is to let the dialogue flow, not to try and get the best possible dialogue going because then it feels forced. You just have to let it flow naturally.[/quote]

Ify, I just remembered, werent you the guy who was gonna leave this board cuz you said you dont like QT anymore? Maybe this film wont be for you. You dont have to love it.

Anyways, I didnt think the dialogue between JJ and Mike felt forced whatsoever. She was giving him a hard time and being a super bitch and seeing how he’d react. Thats gonna be one of the best scenes I think. I dont think you can say QTs not good at making dialogue flow. He the master of that. He just has times when he gets a bit longwinded on all the talking.

As far as Vol 2 dialogue. I loved it. I just watched it again on TV last night actually.

I still think QT is the king of dialogue. Hes just doing something different each time w/ Diff styles, diff topics, diff genders. But its still his voice. If you dont like how he does it, thats your opinion I guess.

Ify is right. Kill Bill 2 isn’t in the same ballpark as the rest of QT’s work. Lets be realistic here.

I think its just as good. Im not just saying that.

Just the fact we gotta go into a discussion about Tarantino dialogue being not good is fucking retarded.

Im not gonna even bother trying to go down that road. If you two QT experts want to, go right ahead.

What good would a discussion like that be without an unquestioned genius such as yourself being involved in it. Hell, I may send you a personal message requesting permission to take a dump tonight.

Kill Bill is probably my favorite movie by QT so far…

Here comes another fight with another member… >:D

Wouldnt waste my time on it.

Don’t get me wrong…Kill Bill and Kill Bill 2 were two great movies. I got a pretty nice rush out of both of them, but the dialogue doesn’t compare to Reservoir Dogs or Pulp Fiction - How many movies have dialogue that does? Not too many.

I love the dialogue in all his films equally, they all serve the diff kinds of stories well in each instance. Thats my honest opinion.

Fair enough. I am still thinking about that fat bitch with the ugly hat that interviewed QT - I will direct my negative energy toward her. :laugh:

[quote=“PopeyePete”]
Ify, I just remembered, werent you the guy who was gonna leave this board cuz you said you dont like QT anymore? Maybe this film wont be for you. You dont have to love it.

Anyways, I didnt think the dialogue between JJ and Mike felt forced whatsoever. She was giving him a hard time and being a super bitch and seeing how he’d react. Thats gonna be one of the best scenes I think. I dont think you can say QTs not good at making dialogue flow. He the master of that. He just has times when he gets a bit longwinded on all the talking.

As far as Vol 2 dialogue. I loved it. I just watched it again on TV last night actually.

I still think QT is the king of dialogue. Hes just doing something different each time w/ Diff styles, diff topics, diff genders. But its still his voice. If you dont like how he does it, thats your opinion I guess.
[/quote]

Hahaha, no no, you’re confusing me with that other dude who changed his user name to “tarantin0.info sucks”. It’s funny you should mention that actually, I was just reading those posts again (in the top 10 lists topic) and it appears he has left for good.

Anyway, just for the record, I don’t think I will ever say “I don’t like QT’s films anymore”, you would be hard pressed to find something I like more!!

Also, Kill Bill is my 2nd favourite QT film (after PF), but you gotta be able to criticise the films as well. No film is perfect. And if there is one way Volume 2 is inferior to his other work, it’s in the dialogue. Sure it’s different, it’s being spoken by totally different QT characters in a film of a totally different genre, but that still doesn’t detract from the fact that his dialogue in that film wasn’t half as entertaining as that in his other films.

Also, you seem to be making a lot of generalisations, and are quite confused in your arguments. Just because I think a piece of dialogue felt forced and was unnatural, does not mean I won’t like the film. As I said before, no film is perfect, you will always find something wrong with them. The fact that I’m talking solely about dialogue is a testament to QT, seen as I acknowledge his previous dialogue was genius, and that I have come to expect the same in his future films, but that is a very unfair ask.

this isn’t about Tarantino’s dialogue not being good, it’s about Tarantino’s dialogue not being as great as his other pieces.

I really dont feel the need to defend QTs work anymore at this point. I think Ive said everything I could say in many other posts already. I really dont even want to try. Ive been here since 2002, Ive had many of these kinds of conversations 10 times over at least.

If you think any of the dialogue from Vol 2 or DP is lacking or isnt as good as his earlier films, thats your opinion. I guess go see this new one and maybe you’ll feel differently seeing/hearing it in that bigger context.

Sorry if I got you confused with that other dude. No offense.

Its amazing how many times we go off topic

[quote=“me”]
Its amazing how many times we go off topic
[/quote]

You call that going off topic? I mean at least we’re still talking about QT. A couple of years ago, we’d go from talking about Big Kahuna Burger to giant purple gay elephants and how they were taking turns to bang another forum members’ mum!! ;D

(continuing in this highly off topic vein)

im gonna add fuel to the fire here and say that vol 2 is a severe drop in standard from his other work.

I loved it when i saw it first but its weakness becomes apparent when you watch it a couple of times.

The last chapter is really boring now…i generally switch off after estebans speech. vol 1 stands up there with the best of qts work (love the dialogue in the hospitol and man from okinawa scenes) but vol 2 is his worst so far.

the dialogue in the face to face scene is too self concious. its a pity Budd didnt get a few more lines before he got “black mamba’d”. Maybe im missing the point though, Kill Bill was an exploitation movie after all so maybe dialogue shouldnt be its strongpoint. maybe it’ll be more of the same for death proof?

Yeah thanks but no thanks. You dont have to add anymore fuel to the fire.

If you wanna talk about Kill Bill Vol 2, talk about it in one of the topics about Kill Bill. Going backwards and comparing dialogue in a movie you havent seen to Vol 2 (which WAS great) is kinda dumb. One person says something negative, then every newbie starts in on how its boring blah blah blah.

Cmon, knock this shit off guys. Youre just trying to pick apart QTs work now.

GRINDHOUSE BUZZER Lets keep this thread about Grindhouse News, not your thoughts on Vol 2 and the DP script. At least stick to the right topics please.

I might be able to finish my review tonight. But I am kinda busy, just got back from LA 4 hours ago, and gonna watch a Suns game later tonight. and in between, I am supposed to be a college student, lol…

I have 4 hours of interview footage. Stay tuned for theeee most amazing interviews ever

Awesome Seb! Lets get this topic back on track!! :smiley:

listen buddy you were involved in talking about kill bill yourself so dont get cunty with me. I aint no newbie either, my post count is low but ive been on the site for 3 years.

While i understand that this is off topic (i wont post in this thread any more) it is important to debate and criticise a directors work even if you are a fan of his. I’d hate to see the forum turn into a haven for braindead gimps who just praise everything QT does.

[quote=“The Seb”]
I might be able to finish my review tonight. But I am kinda busy, just got back from LA 4 hours ago, and gonna watch a Suns game later tonight. and in between, I am supposed to be a college student, lol…

[/quote]
God I hope so…how the fuck can 11 days feel so long…

Lets Get Back to biznit!! :slight_smile: