[news] AICN reports Inglorious Bastards split due to coming DVD interview

[quote=“PutneySwope”]
and even have a child character in the film named Carmine Coppola (whos a musician).
[/quote]

And who appears and plays music in The Godfather. He also happens to be Francis’s dad :wink:

Thats correct! :slight_smile:

Does this mean I’ll be getting “Inglorious Bastards: The Whole Bloody Affair” on dvd by 2025?

how about:

Inglorious Bastards: The Complete Mission?

Can someone please tell me why Harry Cock gets all these awesome first looks? Couldn’t someone better do the same fucking job? Like Sebby!

[quote=“PutneySwope”]
how about:

Inglorious Bastards: The Complete Mission?
[/quote]

Inglorious Bastards:To Hell And Back

I really like the ideas Ify had in his long post on the previous page. Since there’s supposedly three scripts maybe it should be three loosely related movies, sort of like how the acts of Pulp Fiction are loosely tied together. You could see any one and it would stand by itself but if you watch all three you get a larger perspective of what’s going on by seeing how each relates to the other.

I think the idea of having one long movie would be an awful idea. Maybe it would work in Europe, but in America - like some have already said - is a different story. People in America generally won’t go to a movie or at least won’t sit through the whole thing if it’s too long. It would be a dissapointment at the box office just like Grindhouse. I, as a fan, wouldn’t mind seeing one long epic movie but realistically the movie needs to be a box office success, even if that means cutting it up.

Thats why he edited it down, so it wasnt too long for theatrical release. Maybe sometime he’ll release an extended cut. But for now its gonna be 1 film in 2 parts. Its his call. If he wants to make it a trilogy he will.

Did anyone notice that the recent AICN article states that the interview between QT and Enzo actually took place a few years ago at Venice, when QT didn’t even have a finished script?

[quote]It seems years ago at Venice - Quentin sat Enzo Castellari down and discussed INGLORIOUS BASTARDS with him.[/quote]

good observation

I thought he meant it was the interview on the upcoming Bastards DVD which was done recently. If that was the case, it would make sense that the info on the split was incorrect. But then again, with all the diff stuff QT says these days, I dont ever know if its true or false.

Maybe he’ll write a novel or two using the material he doesn’t use on the movie. I’d really like that.

That’s what he said once about Kill Bill but he never did it, so don’t be too excited about that idea for IB either.

yeah but with Kill Bill there wasn’t a ton of material made for it that wasn’t in the movie. there were just two chapters that he wrote that didn’t make it into the movie. IB, on the other hand, has tons and tons of material that won’t make it into the movie (which is now said to be one Pulp Fiction-length film). So basically all Tarantino would have to do is take his unused novel-like scripts and release them as novels. All the work is already done, it’s just a matter of finding a book publisher and releasing it.

Id rather QT take his time shooting this film and not try to rush it out for Cannes 2009. I really dont care if its in some competition. I want it to be a kickass film, thats it.

[quote=“PutneySwope”]
Id rather QT take his time shooting this film and not try to rush it out for Cannes 2009. I really dont care if its in some competition. I want it to be a kickass film, thats it.
[/quote]

QT already showed himself in the Cinema Sector. He has different style ! Nobody has his style .

[quote=“zeppelincheetah”]
So basically all Tarantino would have to do is take his unused novel-like scripts and release them as novels. All the work is already done, it’s just a matter of finding a book publisher and releasing it.
[/quote]

I don’t think it would be a problem for him since he has already published almost all his screenplays, nobody would refuse a novel or anything written by him.

The running time for Bastards will be around 154 min. The Good the Bad and the Ugly was 161 Min., so its pretty close to that which is cool. :slight_smile:

Yeah, very cool. I hope he can get it all done by Cannes without working himself to death.

I seriously cannot see QT having this film ready and complete in 11 months or whatever it is. But around here, that may be just me…