[news] AICN reports Inglorious Bastards split due to coming DVD interview

[quote=“Sebastian”]
word.

plus let me get that Grindhouse business outa here. whoever compares this to Grindhouse forgets that Grindhouse is two absolutely separate movies, connected by MAYBE 2 or so references and some same actors. that’s it. so the comparison is totally wrong in that respect.

and I agree with most of what’s been said so far. I just hope we hear some more reliable news soon, and by that i’m not even talking about the actual interview that AICN is talking about, because talking about something is one thing, I wanna see this baby in production, and when qt goes in front of the cameras and sais, “seriously, we’re doing two movies here” then I’ll buy that. so far, it’s all speculation to me, and i’ll treat it as such until i know know, not think believe/wish
[/quote]

Double word.

Kill Bill is def one film. I mean you dont number each chapter of a film (1-10) for no reason. If youre that dim you think its two completely separate films…i dont know.

All this two movie BS means nothing to me. Just the fact he is making it is enough for me. Ill go see it if its in 5 parts. I dont care.

Hehe. Ify types a lot.

It’s true that it’s all speculation at this point, but I am with Fox, I don’t care HOW it’s released, I just WANT IT TO GET GOING!!!

Even through they split Kill Bill into two films its really one film, and its always gonna be one film to me. When IB comes out to some(like kill bill) it will be two films, but once again it will always be one. Do I like the idea of splitting them up? well of course I dont, but like I said before your average moviegoer does not want to spend more than two hours at one movie plus more money in the companys pocket. I almost want to wait for the dvd to come out that way I can watch it as a whole, but you know I dont have the willpower to wait 8)

[quote=“Geoi”]
Hehe. Ify types a lot.
[/quote]

You love it :stuck_out_tongue:

I think a TV series would be kinda disappointing. I want it on the big screen!

I think we can look at it like this. Or at least I do:

Kill Bill was indeed one film. However during editing it was turned into TWO films.

Inglorious Bastards was one film. However during scripting it was turned into TWO films. (rumours withstanding)

I want to echo what Ify posted regarding the feeling of ‘completeness’. I think it could very well work if he did decide to put out two (or three) separate / complete movies. I.e. not simply putting a cap at the end of the first half!

I’ve just noticed Ify has also thrown out what I had in my head too: I think it could work as a 3-part anthology whereby we have three different perspectives from World War II. Different characters could intertwine a la Pulp Fiction, but each would still be a complete story.

So he knows what he wants to do, I just hope everything’s worked out in scripting stages and not left until the editing stage, so we have something more satisfying than Kill Bill.

More satisfying than Kill Bill? Thats one of his best films so far. Are you kidding?

If Bastards was meant to be a trilogy wouldnt he have said : This is going to be a trilogy. ?

Its QTs script. I think he knows how he wants it to be seen. Why does everyone have to second guess the guy everytime he puts out a new movie?

Tell me that and Ill shut up and never give anyone in this topic shit again.

Did anyone catch QT on AFI?

Yeah I saw it Bio. The whole thing was kinda dull I thought. They whipped thru the movies too fast. QT wasnt even on it very long. He said like 3 sentences on the entire show.

Yeah. Pulp Fiction #8? It should have been #1 - but watcha gonna do? :’(

[quote=“PutneySwope”]
Tell me that and Ill shut up and never give anyone in this topic shit again.
[/quote]

there’s no reasaon to give anyone shit in the first place, since none of us knows enough about this to do more than speculate or voice our views…

Im not trying to give anyone shit. Its just certain things stir up my film geek emotions, like this topic.

Yeah, chill out man, I’m only airing my opinions. I’m not trying to stir anyone up.

As for his best film. He’s only made 5 movies so isn’t anything he does ‘one of his best’? But no, I don’t consider Kill Bill to be one of his best, i.e. I’ll take Dogs, Pulp and Jackie Brown over it anyday. So there alone, on my list, it’s in his bottom 2. But that doesn’t mean I don’t like it.

And if I wanna second guess, I’ll second guess…I’m a fan. I’m paying to see the movie. So I’m entitled to my speculation! :wink:

remember what they did with the godfather… 2 3hrs movies and one 10hrs TV serie…

Yeah The Godfather Novel for TV was great. I have it on tape. Id love for an extended cut of Ing Bastards someday.

the great thing is that the tv version of the godfather is a lot different than the films. i would watch IB this way, too.

Theres alot more information included in it. You get to see longer scenes than were in the theatrical cut etc. Its cool.

if i remember correctly, Connie witnesses Fredo’s murder, which makes a huge difference!

Really? I dont think that happened (dont remember it) because in the third movie she still doesnt know about Fredo. She says something to Michael about “poor Fredo drowning”.

But they show the origin of Hyman Roth’s name and even have a child character in the film named Carmine Coppola (whos a musician).