New PTA film in development -- "DESPERADOES"!

Paul Thomas Anderson - IMDb

It sounds like a Western. :o 8)

Oh, wait I just read he’s only producing it! DAMN! >:(

Damn it man! You got me all excited as a motherfucker and all for him being a producer! Oh well, if he’s getting behind it it can’t be bad. Can it (Daltry Calhoun)? And a western no less!

It feels like it’s been forever since we saw a PTA movie though.

Son of a bitch, Bio! You got me all happy and excited too. When is he gonna grace us with his next film?

[quote=“Sgt. Geoi Donowitz”]
Son of a bitch, Bio! You got me all happy and excited too. When is he gonna grace us with his next film?
[/quote]

God forbid he pulls a Quentin and waits a few years to spring his next masterpiece on the world.

[quote=“Lt. BioBasterd”]
Paul Thomas Anderson - IMDb

It sounds like a Western. :o 8)

Oh, wait I just read he’s only producing it! DAMN! >:(
[/quote]

Actually, guys, this could be his next directorial and writing output as the assigned director as of right now is Monte Hellman but that appears to be a smokescreen. It would appear that this is based on a book of the Dalton gang which was written by the same fellow who wrote The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford. There is evidence to indicate that this is in fact being directed by P.T.A. I’ll gather more and come back.

[quote=“F.W.”]
Actually, guys, this could be his next directorial and writing output as the assigned director as of right now is Monte Hellman but that appears to be a smokescreen. It would appear that this is based on a book of the Dalton gang which was written by the same fellow who wrote The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford. There is evidence to indicate that this is in fact being directed by P.T.A. I’ll gather more and come back.
[/quote]

Why does that appear to be a smokescreen? He did direct Ride in the Whirlwind, I believe QT said at some point it was one of his favorite westerns.

And please do gather your “evidence” (sounds funny), it’d be great to know about his next masterpiece.

Well, neither Monte Hellman’s site nor any other place where you’d expect to find info on this being HIS film has it posted. So, it could just be some rumor that IMDb took as fact (which IMDb often does) or it could be that he was originally attached but now isn’t. There was an article I read on this, I’ll find that one and post it.

Ride the Whirlwind is great but my favorite Hellman has to be Two-Lane Blacktop. He’s a great director, I just would really rather see a P.T. Anderson western. There Will Be Blood has revisionist touches and I wanna see how Anderson does shoot-outs and bank robberies.

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://theplaylist.blogspot.com/2009/05 … movie.html”>http://theplaylist.blogspot.com/2009/05/could-paul-thomas-andersons-next-movie.html</LINK_TEXT>

This article is more on the “we doubt but please GodJesus hope it’s true” side of the arguement. I’m a bit more of an optimist, but I’ve read several other blog posts about the possibility of this being his next project. I could see it. I know he’s talked about doing a horror film but after TWBB I could see him doing this kind of thing.

[quote=“F.W.”]
There Will Be Blood has revisionist touches and I wanna see how Anderson does shoot-outs and bank robberies.
[/quote]

That was the first thing I thought when I saw the movie was this is just a really cool left of center western. But yeah, I’d love for him to do the more traditional gunslingers and cowboy western, with that PTA touch that we all know and love.

[quote=“F.W.”]
but after TWBB I could see him doing this kind of thing.
[/quote]

There was that really great interview on the show The Treatment that Elvis Mitchell does where he talks about how much he missed being outside shooting the movie. Maybe he is doing a western to take him back to that.

A PTA western, sounds like a Quentin Tarantino WWII movie ;D

Anything P.T.A. does will get my admission money. He’s definitely one of the top contemporary filmmakers around.

Hopefully, Quentin’s WWII knocks everyone’s socks off and same goes for P.T.'s next film. Critics are getting harder and harder to please. And contemporary filmmakers are starting more and more to do what they want. I’m with the filmmakers in this case. But Anderson has always done what he wants and so has Q.T.

Here’s hoping we get a masterpiece out of I.B. like we did Jackie Brown.

EXEC PRODUCER

cigarettesandredvines.com

That doesn’t offer any indication as to whether its clear or not what he is. It just says that a german site offers no more info than the IMDb one. Terrence Malick, an influence on P.T., has been also known to smokescreen people and keep upcoming projects secret. Don’t put your chips down yet, Bette.

It’s BioBasterd. Not Bette.

Though I do like me some Bette Davis. You know I just finished watching “The Star” and the film was so magnificent! The story was actually based on Joan Crawford’s life who did go broke and was having trouble finding an acting job after doing numerous horror films. You see after she made What Ever Happened To Baby Jane - she got typecast, she did one horror feature with an independent company, and the film was nominated for a few Academy Awards - the film was Sudden Fear. But after that she did other horror features that brought her career to a very sad end. Anyways, The Star is a great movie, so go watch it, jerk face!

Somebody’s desperate to prove their “superior” knowledge.

[quote=“Lt. BioBasterd”]
You know I just finished watching “The Star” and the film was so magnificent!
[/quote]

I saw that one! Really dug it, I’m a sucker for tinseltown movies, just so happened this one was pretty damn good.

The Old Maid? Saw it with The Star, liked it too.

HAHA ;D , everywhere you go Bette Davis is soon to follow.

I really don’t like Bette Davis. Bio will probably shoot me for saying that.

[quote=“F.W.”]
I really don’t like Bette Davis. Bio will probably shoot me for saying that.
[/quote]

Well if you’re not a Bette Davis fan, you’re probably a Joan Crawford fan. I like Joan, but I’m more of a Bette Davis person. But back to Paul, I heard he’s having a new kid. How good for him.

[quote=“Lt. BioBasterd”]
But back to Paul, I heard he’s having a new kid. How good for him.
[/quote]

Damn good. Things must be going pretty well for the basterd.

It’s good to see having his first kid didn’t wimp him out. There Will Be Blood was a badass flick. Nothing wrong with some light entertainment but that’s not what he does.

Yeah that means his cock is working overtime. Kaching!

Sorry that joke was in The Departed.

But what do you mean by light entertainment?