My Son, My Son, What Have Ye Done Trailer (Werner Herzog)

Forget The Silence or anything else that’s going to kick our asses next year, because THIS will be the film of the year.

<LINK_TEXT text=“/Film | Reporting the Reel World … e-ye-done/”>/Film | Reporting the Reel World</LINK_TEXT>

Everything about this screams perfect.

Thoughts?

The Robocop remake by Darren Aronofsky will wipe the floor with this.

It won’t be a remake, more like a reboot. I’m excited for that too since it’s Aronofsky and the man has done no wrong yet but as a huge fan of Werner Herzog, David Lynch and with the incredible cast (Willem Dafoe, Michael Shannon, Brad Dourif and others) and the plot (man plays out Sophocles play in real life) I can hardly be excited for anything more than this.

Are you as big a fan of those guys as I am of Nick Frost and Simon Pegg? Cos TinTin is supposed to come out in 2010, and Paul will probably also make it out in '10. And if that’s so, this film could barely come in third if it’s half as awesome as you say it will be.

Possibly. Nobody does dark and trippy better than Lynch and Herzog and i absolutely love dark and trippy so it’s going to be fucking awesome for me.

Looks pretty good. A Herzog film starring Michael Shannon, Willem Dafoe, Chloe Sevigny, Udo Kier, and Braden Lynch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0NzJxT6PL8

No one has any like, opinions man?

No one likes the Herzog?

just watched the trailer, looks pretty good.

I like Herzog. Not just a great director, but a cool guy too.

I can see a good film there in that trailer, but its obviously an attempt to make the film seem like something it isnt; to sell it to a mainstream crowd.

Looks interesting though.

Never ever heard of Herzog before. I was surprised to see the huge number of films he directed. I didn’t know any of them :o

[quote=“Angel”]I like Herzog. Not just a great director, but a cool guy too.

I can see a good film there in that trailer, but its obviously an attempt to make the film seem like something it isnt; to sell it to a mainstream crowd.

Looks interesting though.[/quote]

That is what I was thinking. The trailer looks like they are trying to sell it to the mainstream crowd. Michael Shannon would be awesome in a Herzog film I think.

[quote=“RatQuiRit”]Never ever heard of Herzog before. I was surprised to see the huge number of films he directed. I didn’t know any of them :o[/quote]

Plus he directed Klaus Kinski on occasion, probably the maddest person in the film industry.

Hes been shot at multiple times too. Once while he was being interviewed, he was shot in the stomach with either an air rifle (when I say air rifle I mean ones that shoot pellets and not childrens play toys) or a low calibre rifle. It went through his leather jacket and pierced his stomach. He didn`t call the police or go to the hospital though, because he says police always blow it out of proportion.

[quote=“Angel”][quote=“RatQuiRit”]Never ever heard of Herzog before. I was surprised to see the huge number of films he directed. I didn’t know any of them :o[/quote]

Plus he directed Klaus Kinski on occasion, probably the maddest person in the film industry.

Hes been shot at multiple times too. Once while he was being interviewed, he was shot in the stomach with either an air rifle (when I say air rifle I mean ones that shoot pellets and not childrens play toys) or a low calibre rifle. It went through his leather jacket and pierced his stomach. He didn`t call the police or go to the hospital though, because he says police always blow it out of proportion.[/quote]

Lol is the last part true? Funniest thing I’ve heard in ages!! oh my god.

But was it Klaus Kinski or Herzog? I’m a bit confused

[quote=“RatQuiRit”]Lol is the last part true? Funniest thing I’ve heard in ages!! oh my god.

But was it Klaus Kinski or Herzog? I’m a bit confused[/quote]

Yeah, its true.<br/> <br/> It was Herzog. Heres the clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylXqc8TQ15w

If it was Kinski, it would be Kinski doing the shooting!

My favourite Kinski clip, featuring Herzog. It`s Herzog playing an audio clip the soundman recorded without their knowledge when they were shooting Aguirre.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYKLmTC20xQ

[quote=“Angel”][quote=“RatQuiRit”]Never ever heard of Herzog before. I was surprised to see the huge number of films he directed. I didn’t know any of them :o[/quote]

[/quote]

I like how you say on occasion. They made the five most important films of each of their careers togehter. Although his two collaborations with Bruno S. were just as awesome and the stories surrounding them too.

These are not Herzog flms but stars Kinski, has anyone seen these before? They look interesting.

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://www.amazon.com/Churchills-Leopar … tationretr”>http://www.amazon.com/Churchills-Leopards-Wound-Klaus-Kinski/dp/B000ZBEPZU?tag=exploitationretr</LINK_TEXT>

[quote=“Col. Crazy Kenneth”]The Robocop remake by Darren Aronofsky will wipe the floor with this.[/quote]

Why you’d support a remake above an original film I do not understand.

Especially since the remake is unncecessary and Verhoeven’s RoboCop is easily one of the greatest film of the 80s. There’s more social commentary in a film like that than in shit preachfests like Crash.

Anyway, back on topic. The trailer was lousy but do not doubt the content of a match up like Herzog and Lynch. I’m going to see this at TIFF along with Bad Lieutenant and I can’t wait to see Herzog introduce it. The TIFF line up is looking great this year and anyone near Toronto should go go go!

Great, I didn’t know you were going to the TIFF. I wish I could. Cannes was great though when I went there. Is that hard to get access, badge and all for Toronto (it sure is for Cannes, you can’t go there just for a regular visite).

I was first checking out this topic cause I merged an old topic about the movie with it. So everybody knows it now and can read the previous posts that were about the movie.

Btw I just saw the trailer yesterday and it doesn’t seem that good. Even if I love Chloé Sevigny, she seems too discret in the trailer (that was the main reason for me to watch it).

[quote=“cyber-lili”]
Btw I just saw the trailer yesterday and it doesn’t seem that good. Even if I love Chloé Sevigny, she seems too discret in the trailer (that was the main reason for me to watch it).[/quote]

On the subject of Chloe Sevigny, have you seen The Brown Bunny? If so, what did you think about it?

It’s already been a good while since I saw it. At first I didn’t know what to think and then I was leaning towards liking it, but wasn’t really sure. Now, I genuinely like it. It has a strange aura about it. Gallo doesn’t talk much and when he or any of the other characters do, it’s like they are having separate conversations, not really engaging each other. So beautifully shot though.

[quote=“F.W.”]
Especially since the remake is unncecessary and Verhoeven’s RoboCop is easily one of the greatest film of the 80s. There’s more social commentary in a film like that than in shit preachfests like Crash.[/quote]

I still think Brokeback Mountain should have won the Academy Award over Crash. I’m bitter about it. I didn’t want it to win because I felt like it was nominated for the wrong reasons. Because it was a film about homosexuality. But it was definitely an incredibly well-made film and it deserved the award. Crash, on the other hand, I feel was nominated and won solely because it was about racism. It was alright, I guess, but it wasn’t the best.