Movies you'd like to see Tarantino make

Buford Pusser was doing a good deed. It wasn’t pretty, but sometimes you have to make a mess of people to clean shit up.

Another Elmore Leonard type film.

Just found this:

Tarantino Remaking “Come Drink With Me”

Setting their sights on Asia, Bob and Harvey Weinstein are setting up a $285 million fund to invest in movies with Asian themes and elements.

The fund will be used to finance the production, acquisition and marketing of about 31 Asian films to be distributed by the Weinstein Co. over six years. The offering summary said the target is 21 theatrically released films and 10 direct-to-video titles.

Titles that the fund is expected to handle include Wong Kar Wai’s “My Blueberry Nights,” the opening-night film at the Festival de Cannes, and a remake of the Hong Kong martial arts movie “Come Drink With Me,” directed by Quentin Tarantino (Grindhouse).

“Come Drink With Me” is said to be about a group of bandits, who kidnap the governor’s son and demands their imprisoned leader to be set free in exchange.

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://www.worstpreviews.com/headline.p … 17&count=0”>http://www.worstpreviews.com/headline.php?id=3617&count=0</LINK_TEXT>

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://www.tarantino.info/forum/index.p … 802.0.html”>http://www.tarantino.info/forum/index.php/topic,7802.0.html</LINK_TEXT>

[quote=“Jan”]
Another Elmore Leonard type film.
[/quote]
How about this?

KILLSHOT: Hossein Amini and Quentin Tarantino's New Pulp Movie

I dont like the “Come Drink with Me” info if thats true. Gosh Im getting depressed. Its strange being the only one who is not looking forward to a war epic. The worst type of film IMO. There are perhaps2 or 4 war films That I like but none that I can watch over and over. I love crime drama, always have and thats a big reason I love QT. I know alot of you like to see him all over the place but to me thats like buying a Steven King book and wishing it was a romance novel.

Id like to see a road movie, something like Thelma and Louise perhaps. I guess its hard to come up with something like Thelma and Louise without it being too much like Thelma and Louise. Any ideas?

Film Noir is always a good choice, something like Touch of Evil comes to mind.

A dirty south movie, as I said before, is my number one choice. If he doesnt pull this one out soon someone else will. How about a Dirty South Thelma and Louise Film Noir? No? Bad idea. Maybe a Dirty South Thelma N Loise Supernatural mystery.

This is the second or third time I heard about Quentin doing a remake of Come Drink With Me. However it has not come from Quentin’s lips yet because no one to my knowledge has asked him about it in an interview. Now whether or not this will be done before or after Inglorious Bastards remains to be seen. I do know Quentin wanted at some time to make a kung fu movie and release it in two different versions – one in mandarin with english subtitles, and the other version dubbed. The United States would get one version and the rest of the world wouild get another, something like that. Now if he will end up doing this on Come Drink With Me also remains to be seen. The first time this news appeared was soon after Grindhouse was released.

[quote=“Eastern Beauty”]
How about this?

KILLSHOT: Hossein Amini and Quentin Tarantino's New Pulp Movie
[/quote]
Yeah, Ive been wainting for that one to finally come out. I hope that turned out well.

His is still the best EL movie, though I liked a lot of the others as well. Quentin is the best at creating the right mood, and his sense of casting is impeccable.

[quote=“Knoxville Kingpin”]
I dont like the “Come Drink with Me” info if thats true. Gosh Im getting depressed. Its strange being the only one who is not looking forward to a war epic. The worst type of film IMO. There are perhaps2 or 4 war films That I like but none that I can watch over and over. I love crime drama, always have and thats a big reason I love QT. I know alot of you like to see him all over the place but to me thats like buying a Steven King book and wishing it was a romance novel.

Id like to see a road movie, something like Thelma and Louise perhaps. I guess its hard to come up with something like Thelma and Louise without it being too much like Thelma and Louise. Any ideas?

Film Noir is always a good choice, something like Touch of Evil comes to mind.

A dirty south movie, as I said before, is my number one choice. If he doesnt pull this one out soon someone else will. How about a Dirty South Thelma and Louise Film Noir? No? Bad idea. Maybe a Dirty South Thelma N Loise Supernatural mystery.[/quote]

Did you really think QT was only going to do crime films for his entire career? A QT film noir will never happen. The closest thing youll get to that is QTs Sin City scene.

Thelma and Louise was great but QT already sort of made that kind of film with his script for NBK.

Im not a huge War film fan either, but I have a few I like alot. I know QT will make one of the best ever. Its going to be different and totally cool.

A QT Southern hillbilly moonshining movie is something Id love to see. QT is from Tennesee and he loves Hixploitation cinema, so he’ll make a great one Im sure. Think White Lightning/Thunder Road QT style.

I would like to see a QT kung fu film, but not as a remake of an older movie. I want it to be an original scripted QT kung fu film.

[quote=“Pete”]

Im not a huge War film fan either, but I have a few I like alot. I know QT will make one of the best ever. Its going to be different and totally cool.

[/quote]
I would really like to see something like a vietnam revenge movie. He comes home and his neighborhood is filled with gang members and drug deals going on so he takes revenge.

[quote=“Pete”]

A QT Southern hillbilly moonshining movie is something Id love to see. QT is from Tennesee and he loves Hixploitation cinema, so he’ll make a great one Im sure. Think White Lightning/Thunder Road QT style.
[/quote]

Out of all the movie genres I have heard QT talk about doing “Good Ol’ Boy” movies is the ones im really waiting for. I hope he does a Walkng Tall type of movie.

[quote=“me”]
I would really like to see something like a vietnam revenge movie. He comes home and his neighborhood is filled with gang members and drug deals going on so he takes revenge.
[/quote]

Inglorious Bastards isnt going to be Nam though. Its a WW2-Men on a mission film.

I know that im just saying I would like to see a movie like that.

Me, I agree 100%. I have been saying to my friends, why won’t he do a Nam movie instead. It’s was a crazy time, and with his mind, that movie could make Apocalypse Now look like G.I. Joe.

But after I.B. I would love for him to do a western or an italian horror type slasher, like a Dario Argento fillm. But after Grindhouse did so bad for some reason in the movies, I don’t think he would adventure into much more of the “Grindhouse” style movies.

I hope he won’t do any hommage-oriented movies anymore. he said all there was to say in kill bill and death proof. I wish he does IB and then the 3 westerns. and the he will be 55 yrs old and good for retirement (as he planned)…

We know hes not gonna do another horror film because Death Proof was his entry into that genre. Of course he did it his own crazy QT way.

Tony: No more homage movies? Every film hes done is a homage movie! :slight_smile:

I predict: Inglorious Bastards, A Hixploitation Moonshiner movie, A Southern (spaghetti western type film set in slavery era) and a giant monster movie (see Village of The Giants), maybe a straight up QT western somewhere. Id be VERY surprised if he actually did more than one Western.

A Hixploitation Moonshiner movie would be great.

[quote=“GRINDHOUSE”]
A Hixploitation Moonshiner movie would be great.
[/quote]

He’ll do one for sure and I hope he will direct it in the south :wink:

Can anybody tell me what the hell a hixploitation moonshiner movie is? Sorry,but I´ve never heard it before.

Check out films like: Thunder Road, White Lightning, Moonrunners, Moonshine County Express, Last American Hero

Thanks,now I´ve got an imagination.The only one of these I already know is that Robert Mitchum flick.