Movies nobody else knows about

My friends don’t know it either, I already wanted to give them the dvd, but they refuse ! Not their style they say… But I changed of friends :wink: and now they have seen it and like it !

Shallow Grave un-known? where the fuck y’all been! it’s gotta be one of the most printed trailers while released. It’s movie like Meantime a Mike Leigh film with Tim Roth & Gary Oldman, that i see as unseen.

IMDb -

Shallow Grave - 9,192 votes,

Meantime - 252 votes.

[quote=“cyber-lili”]
My friends don’t know it either, I already wanted to give them the dvd, but they refuse ! Not their style they say…
[/quote]

Same here.

[quote=“Dillontino”]
Shallow Grave un-known? where the fuck y’all been! it’s gotta be one of the most printed trailers while released. It’s movie like Meantime a Mike Leigh film with Tim Roth & Gary Oldman, that i see as unseen.

IMDb -

Shallow Grave - 9,192 votes,

Meantime - 252 votes.
[/quote]

Haha, okay, still it’s unknown here where I live.

By the way I found out who was played by evan McGregor. Damn I had never seen any other movie with him.

[quote=“Bleach”]
Haha, okay, still it’s unknown here where I live.
[/quote]

So do I, in France. At least Aurélie and I know this movie !

[quote=“Bleach”]
By the way I found out who was played by evan McGregor. Damn I had never seen any other movie with him.
[/quote]

You never saw movies with Ewan Mc Gregor. It must be a mistake … hum… Even what people say about him, that because he’s handsome he has to be a bad actor, Ewan Mc Gregor is a good actor. OK there are better, but he’s OK… Didn’t you see that other Danny Boyle movie : A Life Less Ordinary . And Big Fish from Burton (I know that everyone say that it isn’t his best movie, but it’s not the pb, Ewan Mc Gregor wa sgood in it). Or there are : Nightwatch, Moulin Rouge !, Trainspotting

He has to be one of Britans biggest actors now, but along with Shallow Grave, another execllent performance by him in ‘Blue Juice’ & ‘Brassed Off’ Ohh what was that other really rare mcgregor film?.. that’s it!! The Phantom Menace :wink:

[quote=“Dillontino”]
Ohh what was that other really rare mcgregor film?.. that’s it!! The Phantom Menace :wink:
[/quote]
… this was your april fool, a little bite late, wasn’t it ? ;D

Okay so maybye its not that rare (I certaintly had never heard of it untill I saw it) but jump Tomorrow was a really cool obscure movie that I saw.

Its kinda a mix between an American retro/quirkyfilm, a french comedy, and a spanish soap series… really good though 8)

Uhh, what about Audition? It’s a Japanese movie. It’s fucking weird. Then if you like anime, The Cowboy Behop Movie kicks ass.

damn straight! Cowboy Bebop was fantastic…anyone know if the guy who did that series made any other anime?

How about Existenz & So I Married an Axe Murderer ?

What’s this “El Topo” ? I love spaghetti western, but never heard about that “cult spaghetto western” …

Oh I love me some El Topo. Although I feel that Jodorowsky’s Santa Sangre is a superior film (Movie-making wise) I just love the freedom and and surrealism that Topo captures.

I’m still waiting for a complete, un-edited version of the movie to emerge. I’m still stuck with the Japanese bootleg.

El Topo is a very, very fine film, very surreal but very … very fine, if youre not into experimental films you probably wont like it, if you do you’ll love it

“If you’re great, El Topo is a great picture. If you’re limited, El Topo is limited.” - Alexandro Jodorowsky

here are some pics

http://sarahbyte.f2s.com/eltopo.htm

and here is the script

http://www.subcin.com/bookfilm01.html

What about “The lost skeleton of cavadra”

I can decide whether it’s so bad it’s good, or so bad it’s bad.

[quote=“Johny_Exhale”]
El Topo is a very, very fine film, very surreal but very … very fine, if youre not into experimental films you probably wont like it, if you do you’ll love it

“If you’re great, El Topo is a great picture. If you’re limited, El Topo is limited.” - Alexandro Jodorowsky

here are some pics

http://sarahbyte.f2s.com/eltopo.htm

and here is the script

http://www.subcin.com/bookfilm01.html
[/quote]

Allright, haven’t read the script yet, but saw the pics…hum…looks very very surreal…

[quote=“Jot”]
damn straight! Cowboy Bebop was fantastic…anyone know if the guy who did that series made any other anime?
[/quote]

Samurai Champloo

Anybody saw Ljeto U Zlatnoj Dolini aka Summer In The Golden Valley?

[quote=“God”]
Samurai Champloo
[/quote]

Cool, have to check it out.

El Topo is a masterpiece I love it, same with Shallow Grave and Audition. Actually most of the films talked about here are excellent.

Ed Wood’s The Bride of the Monster

Killer of sheep

Fat City

Scorpio Rising (could have given way to directors such as Scorsese using pop music in their films)

The Housemaid