Martin Scorsese's "Shutter Island" trailer

<LINK_TEXT text=“- YouTube … annel_page”>- YouTube</LINK_TEXT>

It’s a great team these two. It’s going to be a great mystery/thriller. It’s good to see him make a film outside the crime genre.

This looks sooooo freaking goood! If I were a catholic I’d thank god everyday for Scorsese’s existence :]

The only Scorsese movie I kinda like is Taxi Driver, but this looks pretty good. Might watch it.

The novel is awesome and the trailer looks very promiscing. Though I’ve read some critics saying that Scorsese has really lost all his style. That the movie is good but it’s not what Scorsese would have done with it ten or twenty years ago…

trailer looks very trashy (in a bad way :frowning: ) and un-marty like. kind of reminds me of the horrible remake of the wicker-man or the innumerable shit horror/thrillers we’ve seen over the past 10 years. As a scorsese fanatic, i really hope i’m wrong…

and it also manages to give away the key plot twist in the trailer - bah!

[quote=“Col. Crazy Kenneth”]
The only Scorsese movie I kinda like is Taxi Driver, but this looks pretty good. Might watch it.
[/quote]

Have you seen Raging Bull? Have you seen Goodfellas? Have you seen Mean Streets? Have you seen The Age of Innocence? Have you seen The Departed? Have you seen The King of Comedy?

You only ‘kinda’ like Taxi Driver?

Are you okay? :o :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“Stiglitz”]

1. Have you seen Raging Bull? Have you seen Goodfellas? Have you seen Mean Streets? Have you seen The Age of Innocence? Have you seen The Departed? Have you seen The King of Comedy?

2. You only ‘kinda’ like Taxi Driver?

3. Are you okay? :o :stuck_out_tongue:
    [/quote]

4. No. Yes. No, but I plan to. No. Yes. No.

5. Yes.

6. Yes.

[quote=“Stiglitz”]
Have you seen Raging Bull? Have you seen Goodfellas? Have you seen Mean Streets? Have you seen The Age of Innocence? Have you seen The Departed? Have you seen The King of Comedy?

You only ‘kinda’ like Taxi Driver?

Are you okay? :o :stuck_out_tongue:
[/quote]

He only likes Taxi Driver because it’s one of QT’s all time favourites… he has liked everything QT liked, you see… :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“Kinick”]
He only likes Taxi Driver because it’s one of QT’s all time favourites… he has liked everything QT liked, you see… :stuck_out_tongue:
[/quote]

That is not true. And it has happened (although rarely) that I disagree with Quentin on a movie. It’s strange that you often seem to think you know me and all of my opinions.

That is not true. And it has happened (although rarely) that I disagree with Quentin on a movie. It’s strange that you often seem to think you know me and all of my opinions.
[/quote]

I’m only kidding. Well joke with a jag.

You can’t “kinda” like a movie like Taxi Driver though. You either get it or don’t. So I bet you’re just saying you like it because QT does. haha Oh shit, sorry there I go again, presuming… :stuck_out_tongue:

Ha, well I think I get it, I live in a big city and fell alone now and then too. It’s an interesting look at a character and an interesting movie, I like it. But not as much as other people do.

Ha, well I think I get it, I live in a big city and fell alone now and then too. It’s an interesting look at a character and an interesting movie, I like it. But not as much as other people do.
[/quote]

I totally don’t get it. I mean I get it as far as what you said. I know what it is, but do I like it? No. Save for a few sequences and DeNiro’s performance of course. Never been into those character study pieces… they bored me just. Must be just because of a different era. Same with The Godfather, Raging Bull and Rocky etc. etc. Boring drivel to me.

[quote=“Kinick”]
I totally don’t get it. I mean I get it as far as what you said. I know what it is, but do I like it? No. Save for a few sequences and DeNiro’s performance of course. Never been into those character study pieces… they bored me just. Must be just because of a different era. Same with The Godfather, Raging Bull and Rocky etc. etc. Boring drivel to me.
[/quote]

you sir must be pulling my leg. :smiley: I thought you dig those movies.

[/quote]

I guess you realize you can’t judge Scorsese’s work if you haven’t seen his masterpieces such as Raging Bull, Mean Streets, Who’s that Knocking at my Door and the list goes on.

I almost think its impossible to like Tarantino’s work and not like Scorsese’s work. QT’s work is so influenced by Scorsese. Taxi Driver may be the crowning achievement of Scorsese’s work but I agree you can’t appreciate him fully without seeing it all and I’ve seen it all even the Michael Jackson video…

[quote=“cyber-lili”]
I guess you realize you can’t judge Scorsese’s work if you haven’t seen his masterpieces such as Raging Bull, Mean Streets, Who’s that Knocking at my Door and the list goes on.
[/quote]

Exactly.

Well no one has seen this one either - so. You can’t judge what you haven’t seen. I like that he’s off the crime genre and venturing into other territories. He’s a very versatile director like Wyler who did romance films, dramas, westerns, epics, etc…

Anything Scorcese touches is gold

[/quote]

I saw that this quote made a few people upset. This is interesting because you can ask several Scorsese fans what movie he likes best or doesn’t like so much and you’ll get a different answer each time. My favorite is The Color of Money, and yet most people don’t like it a bit. I didn’t care for Taxi Driver, and yet it is probably considered his best work. I think the same scenario goes for any director - I really like Stanley Kubrick, but I really couldn’t bear to watch 2001 again for the rest of my life. It sucks.

So whether your favorite is Cape Fear, Taxi Driver, The Departed, or Mean Streets, I think that there is a Scorsese movie out there for any movie-buff to be a big fan of. He’s a diverse guy who’s made a great deal of really well-made movies.

I’m looking forward to Shutter Island. He’s like Tarantino in the sense that you may not love or even like every movie he does but everything he does is worth watching at least once…