• Lady Snowblood: 4/5
  • Lady Snowblood: 5/5
  • Lady Snowblood 2: 1/5
  • Lady Snowblood 2: 2/5
  • Lady Snowblood 2: 3/5
  • Lady Snowblood 2: 4/5
  • Lady Snowblood 2: 5/5

0 voters

(has this been covered before?) Just got it today and thought I list the scenes that were used in KB as a reference from Lady Snowblood. Also, the translation of The Flower Of Carnage as it is in Lady Snowblood:

• The first victim Lady Snowblood kills in the movie they play Flower Of Carnage (they play it again at the end of the movie).

This is how the translation of the song appears in the subtitles:

Begrieving snow falls…in the dead morning…Stray dogs howls…and the footsteps of Geta pierces the air…I walk with the weight of the Milky Way on my shoulders…but an umbrella that holds onto darkness is all there is. I’m a woman who walks at the brink of life and death…who’s emptied my tears many moons ago…All the compassion, tears and dreams…the snowy nights…and tomorrow…hold no meaning…I’ve immersed my body in the river of vengance…and thrown away my womanhood many moons ago…

• there is a scene where you can see the snow falling through a window shot just like in the scene of HOBL

• when Yuki (real name of lady snowblood-like yuki yubari ) is in training with her master to prepare her for her revenge it’s totally like the ‘Cruel Tutelage Of Pei Mei’ scene in the script, he torture trains her endlessly. The scenes start from her master totally humiliating her until she starts to get the hang of it…

• the movie is also in chapters

• when the background story is told by Yuki to one of her victims (one of her mothers tormentors) she says almost the same to the guy before she kills him as O-Ren did in the anime: ‘Look at my face, doesn’t that face remind you of somebody? Somebody you raped?’

• The big clan boss she asks for help to find the remaining people to kill in order to fulfil the revenge is called in spoken Japanese Matsumoto (like the boss that killed O-Rens family) but it’s written (in this translation at least) Matsuemo

• there is a scene when a reporter writes and unraveles the whole story of revenge of Lady Snowblood in a newspaper article and when that story about her background is told it’s in cartoon, not anime but VERY similar to the anime in KB

well yeah wow O-Ren is much like Lady Snowblood… the whole white Kimono thing she wears all the time…

this is from japaneese premiere the Lady Snowblood actress talks before the show:

Fuck i want to see this film bad.

Today I went shopping,

I knew there was a dvd store that was taken over by another company, and they had import dvd’s ;D.

So I went there with the intent of buying Lady Snowblood and some other movie that had influenced QT in the making of Kill Bill.

When I finally found Lady Snowblood, I saw there were 2 dvd’s, one with the sub title: “Blizzard from the Netherworld” and the other with the sub title: “Love Song of Vengeance”.

The covers of both the dvd’s were pretty a-alike.

I was like Goddamit i just want the movie, so I checked out the backs and luckily hey had some numbers on the back, 1973 and 1974, So I grabbed the one from 1973 “Blizzard from the Netherworld”. I also found a copy of the “green hornet” and brought it to the counter and was ready to pay.

The man behind the counter was getting the dvd’s and I had the idea in myhead of, “Just dont put the wrong Snowblood in that cover”.I just knew that that would happen to me.

Well I payed and left the store, not checking the dvd’s and trusting the man. When I was home I decided to check my dvd’s and hwat was there, Lady Snowblood part 2 instead of Lady Snowblood part one, >:(.

Now aint that some fucked up shit. But now I can watch them both for the price of one, cuz im certainly goin back tomorrow to get my real Snowblood.

I fuckn tried lookn for that movie at the video store last week! It’s impossible to find.

yes, so impossible that it took me a whole 20 seconds to find a copy online! :o

<LINK_TEXT text=“Amazon.com … o&n=507846”>http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1565672658/qid=1072860946//ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i0_xgl27/102-2626173-5020906?v=glance&s=video&n=507846</LINK_TEXT>

Just because it’s easy to find online doesn’t mean it’s easy to find at a store.

I got Lady Snowblood: Blizzards of the Netherworld along with Babycart at the river styx & Zatochi meets the 1 armed swords man in a limited edition U.K KillBill Influences Pack, All 3 were fucking amazing! but my fav has to be Lady Snowblood!

God damn awsome, notice her name? Yuki, O-Ren’s sister in the original script! and Yuki’s on the quest for revenge!

(I really wish this scene had been kept in!)

I finally saw the movie And I think its really dope, only QT copied that dialogue of O-Ren with boss matsumoto.

"Look at my face

Do You remember me?"

he almost completely copied that.

I tried to watch that Vol.2 but I jusdt couldnt do it without seeing the first one first.

awesome movie

I also noticed that this movies als has his chapters.

YEAH SEEM’S TO BE AN OCCURING THING WITH Q.T EVERY MOVIE SO FAR HAS CHAPTERS!

Reservoir Dogs - Each Dogs Story

Pulp Fiction - Each In Chapters

Jackie Brown - Again In Chapters

Kill Bill - And Again, Cool Way To Tell a Story!

Anyone think of any other movies told in chapters?

Clerks :smiley:

royal tennunbaums

in carrie when ever a chapter ends the screen goes black for a split second at least in the re-make i dont remember if it did in the original (i noticed it in the remake after i saw thee original)

www.animeigo.com

You’ll find Lady Snowblood, Zatoichi, LW&C, Incident at Blood Pass, and others on this site. I also suggest checking out Ebay to see if you can find copies of “The Razor”, one of the most outrageous samurai series made (animeigo.com’s license expired so they can’t offer it anymore.)

Waiting for the Man

I closed an other new Lady Snowblood topic.

There The Man of Okinawa posted:

I’ve got the british DVD of the movie from www.play.com. A great movie and a worth DVD. Buy it!

I know that this is prolly not the perfect section, but I found this old topic (only cuz of the two open topics) and send the link to Seb, so he can make it…

[quote]Today I went shopping,

I knew there was a dvd store that was taken over by another company, and they had import dvd’s  ;D.

So I went there with the intent of buying Lady Snowblood and some other movie that had influenced QT in the making of Kill Bill.

When I finally found Lady Snowblood, I saw there were 2 dvd’s, one with the sub title: “Blizzard from the Netherworld” and the other with the sub title: “Love Song of Vengeance”.

The covers of both the dvd’s were pretty a-alike.

I was like Goddamit i just want the movie, so I checked out the backs and luckily hey had some numbers on the back, 1973 and 1974, So I grabbed the one from 1973 “Blizzard from the Netherworld”. I also found a copy of the “green hornet” and brought it to the counter and was ready to pay.

The man behind the counter was getting the dvd’s and I had the idea in myhead of, “Just dont put the wrong Snowblood in that cover”.I just knew that that would happen to me.

Well I payed and left the store, not checking the dvd’s and trusting the man. When I was home I decided to check my dvd’s and hwat was there, Lady Snowblood part 2 instead of Lady Snowblood part one,  >:(.

Now aint that some fucked up shit. But now I can watch them both for the price of one, cuz im certainly goin back tomorrow to get my real Snowblood.[/quote]
Jet Set,You’re from Holland right??? Where exactly did you get lady snowblood??? I need that shit…

Ebay

Get everything on Ebay

[quote]Ebay

Get everything on Ebay[/quote]

No no no...he said he WENT shopping,that means I can buy it in a store......

You better find a place that sells rare or cult dvds, because most mainstream stores don’t carry that.