Kubrick’s family want Aryan Papers' film made

Interesting, but since it’s not going to be Kubrick (but some Hollywood jerk directing prob), and we have seen our share of WWII-related movies, is it really necessary? The more I think about it, the more I don’t want to see this made. Some people dislike Kubrick, but I like his work. But like him or not, we all prob don’t want to see another A.I. crap that messed up a Kubrick idea.

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/ … FORM=ZZNR3”>TLS - Times Literary Supplement</LINK_TEXT>

God forbid they do it and it turns out like AI. Hell, Spielberg will probably do it and at the end some aliens will fucking come down and liberate all the jews.

Or he wins yet another award for a WWII film. What a tool Spielberg is.

Anyways, I don’t know why Kubrick’s family is going against his say, and doing this stuff.

But one thing I hope they do is re-release the Shining with the extended ending.

Kubrick liked Spielberg.

There goes his credibility!

But he did say something funny about Schindler’s List: “The Holocaust was about 6 million Jews who died. Schindler’s List about 6 hundred who lived.”

[quote=“F.W.”]
But he did say something funny about Schindler’s List: “The Holocaust was about 6 million Jews who died. Schindler’s List about 6 hundred who lived.”
[/quote]

That is a prime example of Hollywood though.

That’s what he was saying…

That’s why he is (was) awesome. ;D

Anyways, back to the extended Shining ending, it’s been said Kubrick took it out a week after the release of the film, so I wonder if they will ever release the footage.

I’m seeing Inglourious Basterds tomorrow.

nice, you going to review it here?

Yeah.

who’s turn is it on the guess movie pic?

You guys are being too hard on Spielberg. A.I. was just a mess because it was developed and then filmed by two directors with very different viewpoints.

Kubrick gave A.I. to Spielberg. Four years before his death. Spielberg didn’t swoop in after his death and conspire to take the credit.

I can’t say I have ever been a great Spielberg supporter, but directors like Spielberg and Scorsese and Coppola are known for taking inspiration from both old Hollywood classics and the European masters in creating their films.

Spielberg himself is a master of the reveal. While it’s true that most of his attempts at serious drama are marred by a sunny optimism, Schindler’s List was a wonderful exception. I honestly don’t think he will be wanting to do another film about the Holocaust, so there is really no point discussing Spielberg.

But whoever they do get will not be Kubrick. It will never be Kubrick. Kubrick is dead and the film either gets made by someone else or not made at all. So I am willing to accept a director like Ang Lee giving his take on a Kubrick script. And I’d actually prefer that he doesn’t try to imitate Kubrick.

[quote=“Ordell Rodriguez”]
God forbid they do it and it turns out like AI. Hell, Spielberg will probably do it and at the end some aliens will fucking come down and liberate all the jews.
[/quote]They weren’t aliens.

[quote=“rupert_pupkin”]
They weren’t aliens.
[/quote]

Inter-dimensional beings?

I don’t really care what they were. But as long as your pointing out what they weren’t, what were they? Advanced humans? Possibly, but once again, lack of caring. Spielberg didn’t make a good enough movie up to that point for it to matter, plus it was a Spielberg flick so I assumed aliens.

Just thinking of that movie pisses me off. Regardless of what you think of Kubrick and Spielberg they are (were) two totally different filmmakers. Why Spielberg thought he could even do the least bit of justice to it is beyond me.

I don’t really care what they were. But as long as your pointing out what they weren’t, what were they? Advanced humans? Possibly, but once again, lack of caring. Spielberg didn’t make a good enough movie up to that point for it to matter, plus it was a Spielberg flick so I assumed aliens.

Just thinking of that movie pisses me off. Regardless of what you think of Kubrick and Spielberg they are (were) two totally different filmmakers. Why Spielberg thought he could even do the least bit of justice to it is beyond me.
[/quote]

Kubrick gave it to Spielberg. As you can see, he didn’t commit to it until after Kubrick passed away. And then he tried very much to make it like Kubrick would make it. So, it’s a little messy. But I don’t blame him for anything.

[quote=“Angel”]

I can’t say I have ever been a great Spielberg supporter, but directors like Spielberg and Scorsese and Coppola are known for taking inspiration from both old Hollywood classics and the European masters in creating their films.

[/quote]

I think it’s pretty clear, especially with Coppola, that he and Scorsese are in the game for vastly different reasons than Spielberg.

[/quote] Advanced Mechas.

[quote=“F.W.”]
I think it’s pretty clear, especially with Coppola, that he and Scorsese are in the game for vastly different reasons than Spielberg.
[/quote]

Yes sir.

[quote=“rupert_pupkin”]
Advanced Mechas.
[/quote]

All be damned. Shame this wasn’t better explained, an ending as sloppy and surprising as everything that came before it.

So have people been completely wiped out? The population has been replaced by machines? Spielberg can’t pull that off on his best day.

All be damned. Shame this wasn’t better explained, an ending as sloppy and surprising as everything that came before it.

So have people been completely wiped out? The population has been replaced by machines? Spielberg can’t pull that off on his best day.
[/quote]Actually, the film has a couple of hints that foreshadow the ending.