Kill bill trilogy

ah brother - hope he ain’t trying to pull a LUCAS

from the rolling stone interview

Is it true that you wanted to make 2 movies out of Kill Bill?

I don’t know yet, I am still cutting. But who knows, maybe I decide to do one, two or even 3 movies

come on, read the line again, what QT said just means one thing:

HE IS NOT DONE AND HE WOULD NOT TELL THE JOURNALIST

QT would never make 3 movies out of one epic. forget that. besides, the article is already more than a month old

QT would never split Kill Bill itself into 3 separate movies, but he might do some anime films sometime dealing with the Kill Bill Universe. That would be DA BOMB!! 8)

Compa, that would be a cool thing to see!!!

FROM his buddy FAT HARRY

::slight_smile:

So is KILL BILL really going to be 2 movies this Fall?

Hey folks, Harry here… I’ve been getting tons of email regarding a story that has appeared on Entertainment Weekly’s website regarding Quentin Tarantino’s KILL BILL being divided into two films for release this Fall.

Well, that’s what David Carradine said quite some time ago and was denied by all involved at the time. Well, apparently it is under serious consideration. I’m hearing that Quentin is wanting it to come out as KILL BILL Volume 1 and KILL BILL Volume 2, as he has completely thought of this as being a cinematic book in many ways.

So what’s the lowdown? I hear that no matter what we’ll be getting a Quentin Tarantino film released on OCTOBER 10th, and I hear that some time after that we’ll probably be getting another one. What’s interesting about this for me is that as far as I know, this is the first time that a major Hollywood film has done this since CLEOPATRA, however… Stephen Chow did this back in 1994 with the amazing CHINESE ODYSSEY and CHINESE ODYSSEY PART TWO — You really must get your hands on those two.

When will we get official news on this? I’m not sure… there’s a big KILL BILL thingee happening at San Diego Comic Con this coming weekend and if there’s a chance of it breaking officially, that’s probably where it will get unleashed. No matter what, I’m happy as can be, because this means we’re not going to get some insanely truncated version of the film in theaters and two it means we won’t have to buy Depends either. I just wonder if he’ll leave us at a cliffhanger or if he’s re-working things a bit to provide an easy exit and a great opening for a second film… Wish I read Chinese or Japanese characters… that’s the only format I have for the two copies of the shooting script I have. Want to read the SUPERMAN speech dammit! Want to read Sam Jackson’s dialogue in the church! Can’t Wait… Any… Longer… Must… See… Movie… Now!

it’s such bullshit. why did harry run this article, if he has nothing to report at all? all he did today was sum up the rumors and the info we already know for months…

the fans dont want two movies, and QT is a fan, too…

it’s gonna be a long movie. period.

QT, PLEASE DONT RELEASE THIS AS 2 MOVIES!!!

I really dont want a Kill Bill Pt 1 and Pt 2. Isnt the film going to be under 3 hours anyway? Why the hell should it be split into 2 pieces? Its not a 4 hour epic is it?

I wish Harry would talk to QT and find out the truth, instead of the stupid gossip shit he does.

I really hope he doesn’t split it in two. What will the second part be called then? Kill Bill 2? Still trying to Kill Bill? Kill Bill Reloaded?

[quote]I really hope he doesn’t split it in two. What will the second part be called then? Kill Bill 2? Still trying to Kill Bill? Kill Bill Reloaded? [/quote]

The Return of The Son Of Kill Bill?

My sequel title ideas:

KILL BILL: THE NEXT DAY

KILL BILL AGAIN

KILL BILL: THE 4TH 1/2 FILM BY QUENTIN TARANTINO

WHATS EATING BILL?

KILL BILL ALREADY!

KILL BILL PT 2: THE BRIDES ADVENTURE CONTINUES

KILL BILL PT 2: A NEW BEGINNING

KILL BILL 2: BILL LIVES, BUT WILL BE KILLED SOON

WHEN WILL BILL BE KILLED?

“Kill Someone: Bill’s dead, you know!”

“KILL - we don’t care about a title”

“2 Kill, 2 Bill”

“Kill Bill Revolutions”

“Kill Bill and the order of the Divas”

darkhorizons.com and comingsoon.net continue running the stores… here’s what dh sais

“Kill Bill: More fuel is being added to the fire over the Tarantino flick. A while back David Carradine indicated the film was so long that Miramax was considering splitting it into two parts, the claim later denied. Then last week Entertainment Weekly regurgitated the rumour and this time it seems to have more weight although nothing official has yet been said. AICN indicates they’ve heard that “Kill Bill Volume I” & “Kill Bill Volume II” may be the potential titles but either way we will be getting something on October 10th. Now this past weekend DH has learned David Carradine has yet again spoken up on the issue at the Dallas Comic Con and ‘Daniel’ was there to reveal what was said - “He stated that Kill Bill may be broken up in to two parts - apparently they have a rough cut of about 200 mins and Miramax along with Tarantino are deciding whether or not to chop the length into one dose or just do it as two movies. Mr. Carradine seemed to believe that they are leaning towards two films though”. A final verdict is expected at this weekend’s San Diego Comic Con.”

I still don’t believe the crap, and I hope that at the Comic Con, somebody will say “…well hello fellas. thanks for coming and thanks for not really believing in the rumors. you’re gonna get your Kill Bill. And you’re getting a 160 minute feature, and it’s gonna be the only kill bill, i promise”

[quote]I still don’t believe the crap, and I hope that at the Comic Con, somebody will say “…well hello fellas. thanks for coming and thanks for not really believing in the rumors. you’re gonna get your Kill Bill. And you’re getting a 160 minute feature, and it’s gonna be the only kill bill, i promise”[/quote]That would be the day!

If Kill Bill’s gonna be two movies I will lose some of my respect for Quentin.-

[quote] That would be the day! If Kill Bill’s gonna be two movies I will lose some of my respect for Quentin.-[/quote]

Lets be totally honest. If QT released tthe movie as 5 movies, ALL OF US would still go see them and have a ball. Its just the inconvinience of having to go to the theater 2 times instead of once that sucks.

I dont think Id lose respect for QT, but I would be sort of dissapointed in his choice to do that.

JUST RELEASE THE FILM AS ONE BIG EPIC SO WE DONT HAVE TO WAIT!!!

It is the pig Harvey Weinstein who is responsible if its gonna be two movies. Firstly he argues with Scorsese, now he argues with Quentin, that horsepig thinks only about money-money-money. Why don’t he go to produce a Spielberg flick and let the real artists like Marty and Quentin work without their balls busted by his ass.

I always thought that Harvey would let Quentin do what ever he wanted. He let him go over his time and budget. And he knew it would be worth it.

He made Frida and that was a risk in it self.

if it’s TWO movies he’ll be getting four tickets from me.

I’ll definitely at least see it twice.

I honestly don’t want another Ghandi on our hands

well my friend just sent me this link from NY Times about it being split into two movies w/ official statements from Tarantino and Harvey Weinstein. Don’t know if anyone else here has already posted a link to this article:

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://www.nytimes.com/2003/07/16/movie … ner=GOOGLE”>http://www.nytimes.com/2003/07/16/movies/16KILL.html?ex=1058932800&en=012b7afba8808952&ei=5062&partner=GOOGLE</LINK_TEXT>

“There were no obstacles involved in splitting up `Kill Bill’ at all because I’ve always designed the movie, thought about the film, as malleable in any number of versions,” Mr. Tarantino said in his statement. That includes different versions for Asia, America and Europe.

[quote]well my friend just sent me this link from NY Times about it being split into two movies w/ official statements from Tarantino and Harvey Weinstein. Don’t know if anyone else here has already posted a link to this article:

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://www.nytimes.com/2003/07/16/movie … ner=GOOGLE”>http://www.nytimes.com/2003/07/16/movies/16KILL.html?ex=1058932800&en=012b7afba8808952&ei=5062&partner=GOOGLE</LINK_TEXT>

“There were no obstacles involved in splitting up `Kill Bill’ at all because I’ve always designed the movie, thought about the film, as malleable in any number of versions,” Mr. Tarantino said in his statement. That includes different versions for Asia, America and Europe.[/quote]I hope in Europe (if that so) gonna be one movie.

Well it looks like I’m gonna be spending some $$$ on movie tickets. I plan on seeing Kill Bill Pts 1 and 2 several times. Hell, maybe they’ll have a thing where you can buy tickets to both movies at one time. :slight_smile: