Kill Bill Movie reference (please contribute)

Ok so seperating the horror category into italian, japanese, american

and the japanese category into: modern and samurai

if you go to the western category, i already set up headlines in hierarchical order, that will show you how i’d subdivide those.

you have to consider that there’ll be A LOT of text and picture material in the end…

but it’s a work in progress…

you can participate if you want, no need to sign up in order to add information

[quote]Sylvia, why does Uma look so pissed off in your signature?[/quote]
I don’t know… ;D But she looks great even when she’s pissed… :wink:

Seb, you should add a tv-show section for “the green hornet” and “Kung Fu” references.

that is an excelent idea, senorita :wink:

It’s “signorina” in Italian. :wink:

aw how could I forget?

sono spaciente, signorina Sylvia. Non accadràancora, tesora!

Sul soggetto, per favore. Ringraziarla. :slight_smile:

;D ;D ;D

Grazie ragazzi! :-*

I was thinking about an other section: “Other Tarantino’s movies” (directed or written)

For Pulp Fiction, Reservoir Dogs, NBK, and From Dusk till dawn references.

What do you think?

Penso che sia un’idea buona.

of course. some day that wiki will replace tarantino.info’s main site. but i think first we should finish the kill bill guide, that’s still a lot of work ahead, i have lots of stuff here on my harddisk and there’s still a lot to do, when we’re done with that we can do the other films and so son

No, I mean a “other Tarantino’s movies” section into the Kill Bill guide!

There are lots of auto reference in Kill Bill…like you know…the razor in the cowboy boot…the square thing…the sceriff…

the line “you are natural born killer”…

ah of course, sorry. yeah that’s a good idea

Yesterday I saw Game of Death and I noticed 2 possible kill bill references.

I’m not sure about them…maybe there are just coincidences…I’d like to know your opinions before including them into the wiki page.

1. Bruce Lee kicks two guys and make them fall into a little pool;

2)Bruce uses a stick like a fencing sword and hurts a guy in the face;

The Bride uses Budd’s tv antenna in the same way and hurts Elle’s face.

[quote=“Sylvia”]
Yesterday I saw Game of Death and I noticed 2 possible kill bill references.

I’m not sure about them…maybe there are just coincidences…I’d like to know your opinions before including them into the wiki page.

1. Bruce Lee kicks two guys and make them fall into a little pool;

[/quote]

No, I think that scene in Kill Bill was a reference to Brian DePalma’s Scarface.

[quote=“The Pink Floyd”]
No, I think that scene in Kill Bill was a reference to Brian DePalma’s Scarface.
[/quote]
Yes, I think you’re right.

I have another doubt… :-</E>

I don’t know if the grave scene is an homage to zombies movies in general or if it’s a reference to a specific movie…

If yes, wich one?? ???

I saw Romero’s Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead, Day of the Dead and Fulci’s Paura nella cittàdei morti viventi ( City of the Living Dead ), Zombi 2 and Zombi 3, but I didn’t notice a similar scene… ::slight_smile:

[quote=“Sylvia”]
Yes, I think you’re right.

I have another doubt… :-</E>

I don’t know if the grave scene is an homage to zombies movies in general or if it’s a reference to a specific movie…

If yes, wich one?? ???

I saw Romero’s Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead, Day of the Dead and Fulci’s Paura nella cittàdei morti viventi ( City of the Living Dead ), Zombi 2 and Zombi 3, but I didn’t notice a similar scene… ::slight_smile:

[/quote]

It is probably a tribute to a Spaghetti Western movie called Django, Kill…If You Live Shoot (Italian name: Se Sei Vivo Spara.) It has a scene where the protagonist crawls out of his grave in the same vein as The Bride.

Again, I think that scene is more of a reference to Brian De Palma only this time to the film Carrie!!

Nah, doubt it. Unlike Carrie, the Kill Bill scene isn’t used for shock value and the hand doesn’t grab anyone’s arm or anything. On the other hand, in Django the hero is left for dead and gets out of his grave to exact revenge on those who wronged him. Perfect similarity. But it’s open to interpretation, I guess.

The Friday the 13th ending, now that was a blatant Carrie rip-off.

true, if she bended her fingertips it would be perfect

When making ‘Kill Bill’ Quentin wanted the animated sequence to look stylistically like the animation in ‘Blood The Last Vampire’. Not sure if this has been mentioned before.

So it’s not about zombies! :o :o :o

I always believe it was a Romero or Fulci homage… :-</E>

Shame on me :-[

Thanks guys!

I’ll see “SE sei vivo spara” and “Carrie” too, then I’ll say what do I think :wink: