Just saw Grindhouse

Hey all,

Some may remember me on here, some may not. I’m sure Seb does. He still owes me $10.

Anyway, this topic should be for those of us that have just seen Grindhouse, cause I just saw Grindhouse, on Thursday, at the Chinese 6. It was a press screening that my friend took me to. I should also be seeing it tomorrow at the premiere, the one in LA, not the Austin one, that’s on Wednesday.

I’m also currently attending QT’s Grindhouse fest at the New Bev. I’m in between gigs so I’ve been able to attend every single double feature, not every single night but every single lineup. Am going tonight to go see Pretty Maids All In A Row and then Revenge of the Cheerleaders.

Anyway, Grindhouse was awesome. I got some issues with it that I’ll post later in invisotext but overall it was great. And Machette should be made into it’s own film. A friend told me it’s going to happen.

Talk to you guys later…

Straight to dvd.

I think I speak for everyone when I say “FUCK YOU!” Just kidding. I’ll be seeing it in 12 days I cant freaking wait!

We already have a Official Grindhouse Review Topic open. Please post in there.

Show off :stuck_out_tongue: :wink:

I want to hear from QT Archives members and movie critics first. I dont care what random John Q Newbie thinks.

saw it at the Chinese 6 last night, too. working on the review. should be up within the next 24 hours. I have 3 hours of interview footage, i have to go through, i will have lots of stuff. also got the GH book right here and will review that for y’all

[quote=“The Seb”]
saw it at the Chinese 6 last night, too. working on the review. should be up within the next 24 hours. I have 3 hours of interview footage, i have to go through, i will have lots of stuff. also got the GH book right here and will review that for y’all
[/quote]

Seb, I’m jealous! I thought you were located in Germany?

BTW, Does the book include the screenplays? Can you post a few scans?

(((PEACE)))

well you already know how the cover looks like. there is parts of the script in there, not sure if its the entire thing. i haven’t had a chance to look at it. lots of pictures, making of stories etc… and a massive hardcover thing, too… definitely worth its money

SEB… WHO ARE YOU? lol… No really, how do you have all these connections? Age? Occupation?

[quote=“Navajas”]
SEB… WHO ARE YOU? lol… No really, how do you have all these connections? Age? Occupation?
[/quote]

I heard seb is actually Steve Buscemi's brother Seb Buscemi. Not many people know Steve has a brother because he keeps him locked up in a closet with nothing but a Computer and a bucket to go wee and poopie in.

that’s purely speculation

Seb, you’re in LA now? When did you get out here? Have you been going to the Grindhouse fest at the New Bev? You going to the premiere tomorrow night? 7pm at the Orpheum.

Hit me up on AIM: Fu Mikechu

[quote=“The Seb”]
[/quote]

Sebber thats kick ass!! Very proud of ya for doin this! 8)

So I caught it that 2nd time Monday night, and this time it was an actual print and believe it or not, there were scratches (only minor) during the crisp and clean dimension logo, which looked 100% during the digital projection I saw of it on Thursday.

Gonna catch it one more time next week on Thursday night, at the New Bev, which will be open to everyone in town, but there are only like 300 seats in the theater, however they’re gonna be running it all night. But I’m sure there will be midnight screenings of it all over the country that night anyway.

[quote=“Stuntman MikeB”]
Seb, you’re in LA now? When did you get out here? Have you been going to the Grindhouse fest at the New Bev? You going to the premiere tomorrow night? 7pm at the Orpheum.

Hit me up on AIM: Fu Mikechu
[/quote]

i was in LA saturday and sunday.

[quote=“Stuntman Mike B”]
Anyway, this topic should be for those of us that have just seen Grindhouse,
[/quote]

Well, I won’t be able to comment when I see it because I won’t be around :-</E> Just found out that my folks booked a reservation for the entire family (Entire family of gamblers, that is) at Reno, Nevada for April 6th & 7th.

Good news is that there’s a theater right down the street (THANK GOD!) Bad news is I won’t be able to jack off with my reactions online when I get done seeing it for the first time. Aw well. Hope I win me some loot and have a kickass Grindhouse theatrical experience in Reno.

I’ll be seeing a 5:15 showing of it on Saturday with 6 friends.

I loved every little thing about Grindhouse. The music, the fake trailers (Eli Roth’s “Thanksgiving” especially) and best of all Death Proof. I like how it’s structured, it’s two seperate incidents, the first part shows Stuntman at his best. He appeals to most women, cuz he’s charming, funny, and daring (Chicken shit line to get the lap dance). Like every other Qt character you assume the opposite of them. And it’s really scary to think that any person out there can disguise themselves into an ordinary person, when in reality they’re nothing but psycopaths. Most of the graphic scenes are so real that I literally squirmed. [I’ve seen all kind gore in many movies–most of them evoke no sympathy] but as I was watching the last sequence of the movie, I kind of felt bad for Stuntman Mike, he was wrything in pain and screaming in his mangled vehicle. And before you know it you have three of the baddest girls you’ll eva see, giving him a spaghetti-western style beating. I’ve never seen anything so ruthless in my life, I wanted to look away. I just couldn’t beleive a badass like Stuntman met his demise to three little girls. R.I.P. Stuntman Mike – Biohazard misses you.

Poor Stuntman Mike, lol.

I loved Grindhouse and I’m pretty sure everyone does.

Guys put all your mini reviews/comments in the Official Grindhouse Review thread. Then we can get a good discussion going. :slight_smile: