Juno

[quote=“Seth_Gecko”]
My ratings:

Little Miss Sunshine 8/10

Garden State 9/10

Juno 8/10

Sideways 8/10
[/quote]

I haven’t seen Sideways yet, I will then. But I’m glad to see you like Garden State more, ahah :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“cyber-lili”]
I haven’t seen Sideways yet, I will then. But I’m glad to see you like Garden State more, ahah :stuck_out_tongue:
[/quote]

They are all a lot of fun to watch. I think Garden State is just that extra little bit special :slight_smile:

[quote=“Seth_Gecko”]
They are all a lot of fun to watch. I think Garden State is just that extra little bit special :slight_smile:
[/quote]

That I’m convinced of too, you know that :wink:

The DVDizzle is out my nizzles, so go down to your local retail strizzles to get your copy of Junizzle, ya heartzzzz!

[quote=“Crazy Kenneth”]
my ratings are…

Little Miss Sunshine 6/10

Garden State 9/10

Juno 7,5/10

Sideways 10/10
[/quote]

Little Miss Sunshine 6/10

Garden State 10/10

Juno 9/10

Sideways 7/10

Smart People (producer of SideWays) 7/10

I loved Juno for a few reasons:

1. Diablo Cody has an incredible unique, fresh style that has never been in Hollywood before.
  2. E-Page once again, proves why she is one of the best 5 actors in Hollywood IMO.
  3. Michael Cera owns. Such a great actor, even though most of his roles feel the same, he definitely separates them very well.
  4. Filmed in 30 days. Brilliant.
  5. No other film has ever had this type of positive outlook on an otherwise very controversial and unacceptable subject.
  6. The soundtrack. Rarely does a film now-a-days have good music; And even rarer, good music put to good scenes.

I think this movie is a victim of hype. The only problem is that it really didn’t deserve the hype. The only redeeming trait the movie has is how upbeat it is despite what it’s about but that in itself creates a lack of conflict which makes it hard to give a damn about anybody in the film. I think if they had gone for a little bit of realism in the characterizations and the dialogue the film would have had a much bigger impact. Jennifer Garner and Justin Bateman had the only two characters in the movie that felt real to me.

I think this movie would have worked great if it was called “Daria: is it Born Yet?”

Awww the Juno song. :-*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtBMF0BqDrU

I heard some gangsters across the street listening to this. We were jammin like hip hopperz! Word on the street, yo! Stay in school and don’t be a fool, wiki-wikwiwiwizzzt 8)

Talking about alternative teenagers, who has seen Napoleon Dynamite ? It’s really excellent, the character is even more apathic, cheesier, more vintage eighties fan. It’s a really good flick.

Napoleon Dynamite is one of those movies I really hated the first time I watched it, but for some reason it felt like a totally different movie the second time and I actually kinda dug it. I think it’s because there was so much hype around it that I had such high expectations on my first viewing it couldn’t possibly live up. I think if I were to give Juno a second try I’d probly enjoy it a bit more.

Little Miss Sunshine is the best drama and comedy film I think :slight_smile:

[quote=“Dex”]
Napoleon Dynamite is one of those movies I really hated the first time I watched it, but for some reason it felt like a totally different movie the second time and I actually kinda dug it. [/quote]

It was the same for me the first time I watched Napoleon Dynamite. But it was because it was completely different to what I expected. I hadn’t read any reviews so all I knew was what was written on the back of the box. I thought it looked kinda cool and was expecting a typical high school movie.

Its one of my favourite movies now. I knew whilst watching it I would have to see it more than once to really get it.

BTW, Napoleon Dynamite and Scottish tennis player Andy Murray separated at birth?

Andy Murray - that boy has some sweet tennis skills.

Napoleon Dynamite

[quote=“Dex”]
Napoleon Dynamite is one of those movies I really hated the first time I watched it, but for some reason it felt like a totally different movie the second time and I actually kinda dug it. I think it’s because there was so much hype around it that I had such high expectations on my first viewing it couldn’t possibly live up. I think if I were to give Juno a second try I’d probly enjoy it a bit more.
[/quote]

The movie wasn’t even released in France, I really don’t know why. I had heard of all the hype around it but I gues it’s not the same to hear about it and really live it in the US.

Juno was okay. I am a chic. With kids out of wedlock. It was cute…that’s about it.

Did anyone see that Inside Edition stuff that compared Palin’s 17 year old daughter with Juno. It was weird because Palin’s daughter had a “Juneau” basketball jersey from her team, I got a kick out of that.