John Woo

I will never forgive Woo for WINDTALKERS…ever.

Come on Starkey, give the guy a break. He has made one horrible movie out of a lot of good ones. I hope that his next flick Payckeck will be good.

I’m sorry but i can’t. I wish i could but i will never be able to think of anything he did without thinking of WINDTALKERS…and for this i am sorry Wolf.

[quote]I’m sorry but i can’t. I wish i could but i will never be able to think of anything he did without thinking of WINDTALKERS…and for this i am sorry Wolf. [/quote]
You should be saying sorry to me! >:( Hes my all time favorite Director at the moment! :’( You’ve hurt me starkey :frowning:

Windtalkers Isn’t too bad for mindless moronic violence and gore. But everything else just fails on ALL accounts!

My favorite of his is Face/off. Greeeeat action movie. Too bad I missed Hard-Boiled. I need to catch that sometime

[quote]My favorite of his is Face/off. Greeeeat action movie. Too bad I missed Hard-Boiled. I need to catch that sometime[/quote]
Hard boiled has 100 times the action then Face/Off did. But looking for copies can be a bitch.

Bullet…i’m sorry. I’m sorry that windtalkers taints every object within a 5 feet radius. I bet his other movies are good but i hated WINDTALKERS more then any other…well…anything. Or to put you into perspective, i hated windtalkers more then maddox loves pirates.

b.t.w. if you don’t know who maddox is, chick this site out.

http://maddox.xmission.com/

I Am aware of who Maddox is, I hate the guy but he makes some damn good fucking points at times.

So I fanally saw Hard Boiled, wow. Good story good characters, and just about the coolest action of all time. SEE IT NNNOOOOWWW. It wasn’t so much the story that got me, because it wasn’t great, but it was good…what got me was the action. And it wasn’t even realistic. It was, and I’m proud to say, the only movie that’s based on action that I liked. So many bullets, so many explosions, it all kicked ass.

…I still hate WINDTALKERS, a lot.

;D

Starkey I knew you’d like it!!! 8) Go on to A Better Tomorrow 1 and 2.

Then Bullet in the Head.

I’m going to have to take this one step at a time fellas, I mean Bullet.

I think the next one i’m seein’ is “the Killer”, but only because it’s the only one available at my local BlockBuster. But I did see Bullet in the head at a store not so far away from me…i’ll wait until that version you said is coming out comes out.

Why didn’t you like the killer Bullet?

It’s shallow and a bit one sided. You may like it but I’m not the biggest fan of it.

Paycheck looks like a pile of feces. I think Woo has turned into the Asian Michael Bay these days. :frowning:

I got myself a question for…um…not myself. SO, “Bullet in the Head” is about nam right?, are they fighting for the North or South Vietnam. And what the hell is that movie about? Is the action nearly as cool as “Hard Boiled”, that’s gotta’ be hard to do.

EDIT: I don’t what to see “Paycheck”, mostly because of ol’ Ben Affleck, and i’m dead serious.

I didn’t think much of The Killer the first time I saw it too, because by all the hype from everyone I expected it to be Hard Boiled. I’ve watched it several times since then and it’s really grown on me. I reccomend it as much as any of Woo’s early works. If you’re looking for symbolism and graceful style, it’s probably the film with those elements put to best use.

Glad you liked it Starkey, wasn’t sure if you would or not. The films can be a bit melodramatic and can be a bit tough for some people to accept on first watch.

EDIT: Bullet in the Head doesn’t get very political, and they’re not really fighting anyone, but they are captured by the communists and make friends with an American. At least I think that’s how it happens, ask Bullet he’s seen it many more times than I.

The action in Bullet in the Head is brutal, very brutal. Hard Boiled was just fun action, Bullet is a very serious movie also. The story is about three friends who flee from Hong Kong to Vietnam to start a bussiness. But when they end up in the wrong place at the wrong time they end up getting chased through Vietnam by the vietcong, and then thier friendship basically goes down the drain.

I’m actually searching for the Criterion Version of Boiled right now. Prices are up at like 50-70 bucks though.

EDITS RULE!!!: ONE last question. This is the only version of “Bullet in the Head” I have ever seen. My question is, Are there more coming or are there already more better ones then that crappy version. I don’t even know if that one’s Reg. (1).

The criterion kicks more ass then the movie itself. (Well not really) but both The Killer and Hard Boiled are vastly overpriced because of the limited copies.

[quote]I’m actually searching for the Criterion Version of Boiled right now. Prices are up at like 50-70 bucks though.

EDITS RULE!!!: ONE last question. This is the only version of “Bullet in the Head” I have ever seen. My question is, Are there more coming or are there already more better ones then that crappy version. I don’t even know if that one’s Reg. (1). [/quote]

Not region 1 and there is two more versions that are different to the one you posted there. Also, I heard somewhere that there is gonna be a remastered two disc from HKL (Hong Kong Legends) sometime next year!

Would that H.K.L. DVD be Reg. (1)?