John Travolta vs. Vincent Vega

I looked through the posts and was suprised to not have seen this brought up.

I have to say that I am not much of a Travolta fan although I thought he was great in this movie. The chemistry between Jackson and himself was amazing.

I am curious of two points in the movie (that I know of) where Travolta slurrs his speech. The first of course being in the long one’er in the hallway before the hit. They roll along perfectly until Travolta messes up his line and says “…and Antoine should’ve f-ing better known better.” Then comes the heavy slurr of “…that’s his f-ing wife man, he ain’t gonna have no sense of humor about that sh-t.”

Now my question is this… does Travolta realize he flubbed the line, then quickly slurr as if he’s high to save the take?

The next was during the Jack Rabbit Slim’s scene when he dims his eyes and refers to the milkshake as “…pretty f-ing good.” We know he got high before he left for Mia’s, and when he arrives at her house he is still not himself. But he does seem pretty normal up until he tastes the milkshake.

I’m just wondering Travolta’s thought process as it was so far away from the normal tone of the character.

People accidentally screw up what they’re saying sometimes. Maybe the milkshake just was REALLY fucking good.

I think it’s pretty FUCKing normal. I dunno, maybe his FUCKing lines were messed up, but whatever it is, Travolta pulled it off so it didn’t look FUCKing unnatural. It’s the first time I FUCKing heard of it.

by the way if you haven’t noticed, it’s ok to swear in this forum, we won’t crucify you. This isn’t Gamefaqs.com :slight_smile:

Why is it that you can’t cuss in any board except this one? Bullshitshitshit.

yaeh seriously we are human. we all make mistakes and stumbling lines just makes vincent seem more real. he doesnt speak every line perfectly and he is not supposed to. he does make mistakes

Sometimes actors improv with alittle with the script in different takes and if the director likes it he’ll keep it in the movie…read the original script and you’ll see that Sam Jackson did this numerous times…

Some of the most hilarious lines from many movies aren’t scripted…for example on of the funniest lines from Jackie Brown was ad-libbed. “Ya catch a nigga offguard with this shit.” Chris Tucker needs to be in more QT movies, I swear. He shouldn’t be in trash like Rush Hour 2. Thank god he wasn’t in Friday 2 or 3.

[quote]Some of the most hilarious lines from many movies aren’t scripted…for example on of the funniest lines from Jackie Brown was ad-libbed. “Ya catch a nigga offguard with this shit.” Chris Tucker needs to be in more QT movies, I swear. He shouldn’t be in trash like Rush Hour 2. Thank god he wasn’t in Friday 2 or 3.[/quote]

Is it true Chris Tucker said that he will not be doing any more movies with profanity and violence in them?

It wasnt a fuck up…he was acting…it gives some character to the character…it would be bad acting/fucked up if all the lines came out of him in the same way…now its more natural…thats why he’s the best from the pulp crew…

well, I think Travolta always plays himself. In every movie he’s been the past years, he’s always playing the same person. He always smokes the same, laughs the same, behaves the same. He is not a character actor, he’s just a person who plays himself everytime the same. In Pulp, he at least didn’t and that’s why we all love Vincent Vega, and not John Travolta, I think

That’s the same with alot of the greats like Bruce Lee, Jackie Chan, Clint Eastwood, Charles Bronson, and Steve McQueen. They play just about the same guy in every movie that they are in, but always have a lotta fun doing it. :slight_smile:

[quote]He always smokes the same, laughs the same, behaves the same.[/quote]
I noticed that Travolta has a very distinctive way of inhaling his cigarettes. He grips it very close to the ‘web’ of his fingers and then sort of moves them in a little dance. I don’t know how to describe it but it’s pretty cool (for me). Go watch him in Jack Rabbit Slim’s or just after he opens the briefcase for the first time.

Example:

[quote]
I noticed that Travolta has a very distinctive way of inhaling his cigarettes. He grips it very close to the ‘web’ of his fingers and then sort of moves them in a little dance. I don’t know how to describe it but it’s pretty cool (for me). Go watch him in Jack Rabbit Slim’s or just after he opens the briefcase for the first time.

Example:

[/quote]

I know what ya mean…he also does it in Broken Arrow(His second best career role)

Watch how he holds in Sowrdfish too. Very detinctive(sp)

Maybe John Travolta isn’t a great actor (I think he’s good) but one thing you gotta give him credit for: he plays the bad guy like no one else i think. Remember Swordfish? He was fucking amazing in the beginning of the movie (when he talk about movies and smokes a sigar)

John Travolta ==> one of my all time favorites playing the bad guy 8)

that beginning was a bit long though

[quote]

Is it true Chris Tucker said that he will not be doing any more movies with profanity and violence in them?[/quote]

I highly doubt it. But with the bigger his ego seems to be becoming, I wouldn’t doubt if he did become serious with it in the future…

If Chris Tucker doesn’t curse than he’s goibng to have to become a mime

[quote]

I know what ya mean…he also does it in Broken Arrow(His second best career role)
[/quote]

Nah. Face/Off, Blow Out, Saturday Night Fever...all better than Broken Arrow.

forgetting Pulp Fiction, scar? :wink:

But yeah, John Travolta’s best performance is Face/Off, hands down.