Jennifer's Body

Guys I saw the trailer at the Bruno showing! It was incredible! Megan Fox looked so good, damn I can’t get her out of my head after that trailer. :-*

[quote=“Sebastian”]
what’s with all the lolcats?
[/quote]

I just felt like voicing my opposition to Meagan Fox’s undeserved career in the most incoherent

& non-confrontational manner I could think of. And, I love LOL-cats… So, yeah… ;D

Sorry about that. I’ll remove them straight away if you so desire, Seb.

I ain’t saying she can’t act. I’m saying she looks damn good. Here’s the trailer and see for yourself. Plus I like Diablo Cody, looks like a fun film. And yes I read part of the script.

- YouTube

Oh, wait I got that wrong. I’m saying she can’t act. :embarassed:

[quote=“Sgt. Geoi Donowitz”]
Megan Fox was really good in How to Lose Friends and Alienate People. I loved it.
[/quote]

people were watching that movie at my house the other day…and nothing caught my attention except when i heard Simon Pegg’s character say something about how Tarantino didnt invent cinema or something like that…i was like “hey fuck you” ;D

[quote=“Lt. BioBasterd”]
I ain’t saying she can’t act. I’m saying she looks damn good.

Oh, wait I got that wrong. I’m saying she can’t act. :embarassed:
[/quote]

Meh… I don’t even find her all that attractive, honestly.

Certainly not as much as most gents my age seem to.

Personally, I find the likes of Amy Adams, Emily Blunt,

& Shannyn Sossamon to be far more alluring.

Plus, they all have actual talent & intelligence

to utilize & back them up. Which in turn, makes

them all the more interesting & appealing to me.

Sorry, a pretty face w/ no substance just doesn’t

do it for me, Bio. At this point, I’m just waiting for

Meagan to turn 30 so we don’t hafta see her pathetic,

half-hearted attempts at emoting anymore. ::slight_smile:

You don’t know what torture it is for a woman to sit through a Megan Fox movie and be subjected to Megan’s attempts at emoting :’(

[quote=“C.C. Baxter”]
Meh… I don’t even find her all that attractive, honestly.

Certainly not as much as most gents my age seem to.

Personally, I find the likes of Amy Adams, Emily Blunt,

& Shannyn Sossamon to be far more alluring.

Plus, they all have actual talent & intelligence

to utilize & back them up. Which in turn, makes

them all the more interesting & appealing to me.

Sorry, a pretty face w/ no substance just doesn’t

do it for me, Bio. At this point, I’m just waiting for

Meagan to turn 30 so we don’t hafta see her pathetic,

half-hearted attempts at emoting anymore. ::slight_smile:
[/quote]

You never know some actresses may surprise you. Like Madonna for instance she made terrible pictures when she first started, but late in her career she won a Golden Globe for Evita, I think. Meg may be a late bloomer. But this film is all about the sex appeal, look at the trailer, she can seduce with a few looks! That's talent right there!

[quote=“Movie_Villain”]
people were watching that movie at my house the other day…and nothing caught my attention except when i heard Simon Pegg’s character say something about how Tarantino didnt invent cinema or something like that…i was like “hey fuck you” ;D
[/quote]

I only vaguely remember the scene but I think he was referring specifically to a douche bag director character in the film who acts like some big movie buff but his range of movie knowledge doesn’t go back any further than Tarantino.

I think Megan does just fine for the roles she chooses. It’s not like she’s taking brilliant roles away from brilliant actresses.

Exactly! megan Fox is just skanking it up. The hell with it! I’m watching Transformers 2 tomorrow just to see Megan Fox. Still have to shake off the grotality that was Bruno. Yech!

I made up a word. use it so it catches on!

“Grotality” - Gross + Brutality = Grotality.

[quote=“Dex”]
I think Megan does just fine for the roles she chooses. It’s not like she’s taking brilliant roles away from brilliant actresses.
[/quote]

I agree, and Jennifer’s Body looks like a cool teen movie, maybe with a bit more depth than your average horror teen movie (judging from the trailer).

But trailers can be misleading and even if this one is not, it would be ridiculous to judge an actor’s performance or the whole movie just based on it. But it certainly did rise my interest rate for this flick!

[quote=“RatQuiRit”]
I agree, and Jennifer’s Body looks like a cool teen movie, maybe with a bit more depth than your average horror teen movie (judging from the trailer).

But trailers can be misleading and even if this one is not, it would be ridiculous to judge an actor’s performance or the whole movie just based on it. But it certainly did rise my interest rate for this flick!
[/quote]

It is! Diablo Cody has an edge on structure which is almost Tarantinoesque. It’s a crazy and fun story. I won’t spoil a thing for anyone, really, and I love spoiling stuff for people. I just think they make funny faces whenever someone spoils a film. They’re all llike: “Hey! Why did you do that?”. Haha…eh

Diablo Cody gone wild! Old picture of her I found. 8)

Eeeew. That’s the kind of woman who is half-ugly and what makes her “full ugly” is the fact that she is too overconfident in her sexuality and attractiveness. Eeeew.

Diablo: "You wanna dance, handsome?

Dude: "I dunno…I gotta bad foot, you know."

Diablo: "You wanna dance and then fuck afterwards?"

Dude: “Um…still: Don’t know about that. Sorry.”

[quote=“Lt. BioBasterd”]
It is! Diablo Cody has an edge on structure which is almost Tarantinoesque. It’s a crazy and fun story. I won’t spoil a thing for anyone, really, and I love spoiling stuff for people. I just think they make funny faces whenever someone spoils a film. They’re all llike: “Hey! Why did you do that?”. Haha…eh
[/quote]

Haha, so true. You’re a funny man

I didn’t know Diablo Cody was a girl…though I should have seen that comming

Heh Kenneth, actually I’ve google-imaged her and there are some pics where she’s fine, still has the “I’m an ex-stripper” sign on his forehead though

[quote=“Col. Crazy Kenneth”]
Eeeew. That’s the kind of woman who is half-ugly and what makes her “full ugly” is the fact that she is too overconfident in her sexuality and attractiveness. Eeeew.

Diablo: "You wanna dance, handsome?

Dude: "I dunno…I gotta bad foot, you know."

Diablo: "You wanna dance and then fuck afterwards?"

Dude: “Um…still: Don’t know about that. Sorry.”
[/quote]

Really? You find her fugly?!

I sure as hell don’t.

She’s hotter with lighter hair but still not attractive.

Not a fan of her writing either. I think of most of that comes from the highly undeserved praise over Juno. It’s not horrible, but apart from using made up words in the dialogue it’s a fairly straightforward, follow the proper formula story. Especially with United States of Tara. Great, great premise but the story’s or so formulaic and predictable.

Jennifer’s Body doesn’t even look like a very decent premise. Looks kinda like Species in High School.

Diablo Cody talking about Jennifer’s Body with Alexa Chung : <LINK_TEXT text=“http://www.mtv.com/videos/misc/437516/d … id=1614005”>http://www.mtv.com/videos/misc/437516/diablo-cody-talks-jennifers-body.jhtml#id=1614005</LINK_TEXT>

It’s the first time I see Diablo Cody talk, she’s good.

Edit: And I must state that I didn’t find her ugly for a second during this interview, what are you guys talking about? :o

It’s a fortunate coincidence that I found this video now, since Jennifer’s Body opens in the USA and Canada today, and I’m sure that some of you will go see it. If Bio comes back he will certainly have things to say about it.

This is easily the worst film of 2009.

I have no desire to watch this.

Don’t even get me started on Megan Fox, that whorish bitch.

[quote=“Angel”]I have no desire to watch this.

Don’t even get me started on Megan Fox, that whorish bitch.[/quote]

Millions of people felt the same way. I think Diablo should have directed the screenplay. The director failed to elicit good performances, and promoting the film through Hot Topic was a huge mistake.

Megan Fox does have some talent, but why the hell is she doing some high school movie?! She’s 22! Lauren Bacall was doing serious roles at the age of 19 with Humprey Bogart! Megan Fox just needs to challenge herself.

On the other hand an actress like Olivia Thirlby, she’s 23. She does Broadway and good movies. When she works herself into starting roles she’s going to be just as good as Barbara Stanwyck. You wait and see. Olivia Thirlby - that’s gonna be one helluva actress!