It's Official: Grindhouse To Be Split Overseas

Well, it appears it is no longer just a rumor or an idea floating around. Harvey Weinstein has officially announced that “Grindhouse” is to be split in two everywhere outside the United States.

Sorry everyone.

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/ar … se_1029624”>http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/article/grindhouse%20films%20to%20be%20split%20in%20two%20for%20international%20release_1029624</LINK_TEXT>

Yeh, me too…bastards. Srsly, how many people check the running time before seeing a film? The people who don’t understand the concept, or were put off by it will still not go see it; if anything they’re less likely to pay twice and make the effort to go twice. The only thing they’ve done is annoy their already-won audience - us fans, who’d watch if QT filmed his ceiling. Getting a pirate copy on principle is tempting, but it’ll hardly prove that there’s an enthusiastic market for the films. Still, it must be nice for the Weinsteins, charging us twice to see a single film.

Someone needs to get hold of a copy of the proper print and tour it around the UK…it’d definitely be an experience watching it on a homemade screen somewhere…

That sucks balls…it’s too bad nobody will get the GH experience in a theatre.

Exactly - I live on a tiny island, our cinema basically only shows animated kids films and sure-fire hits. I was begrudging missing the cinema experience and being forced to wait for the dvd anyway - aside from taking a flight (expensive and impractical) I was always going to get the experience half-baked. But I’m annoyed for everyone else…

I’d suggest a petition, aside from the fact it’d be entirely pointless.

nuts

In light of the fact that none of us non americans are ever gonna see grindhouse, does anyone have a link

for a non torrent full video download? I hate piracy usually and as im a film student hoping to get

a job in the industry its in my interest to be but in this case ill have to make an exception.

…i would probably go on a little unplanned holiday to the states to see it if i had some cash to spare but you know i dont maybe he weinsteins will pay for my flight :wink:. So any links? pleease? this is like the time reservoir dogs didnt get a vid certificate and was banned in Ireland and the pirate copy was everywhere!

wouldn’t that defeat the purpose of it being a double feature…that really sucks. Get popeyepete on the phone and let him know that his expertise are needed in Europe. :-</E>

i refuse to go watch it at the cinema now that this has been done! I’ll either download it or wait to rent/purchase it on DVD.

[quote=“WTProductions”]
i refuse to go watch it at the cinema now that this has been done! I’ll either download it or wait to rent/purchase it on DVD.
[/quote]

it has always been the plan from the beginning, to split the movie apart overseas. what’s the big fuzz…

No it hasnt actually, in the UK grindhouse was to remain a double feature, it was only in europe, which, contrary to popular belief the UK is not apart which is where it was to be split such as France, Germany and so on and so fourth!

[quote=“Sebastian”]
it has always been the plan from the beginning, to split the movie apart overseas. what’s the big fuzz…
[/quote]

That’s easy for you to say, having already seen it 4,963 times.

[quote]it was only in europe, which, contrary to popular belief the UK is not apart[/quote]

The UK is not part of Europe? Wow these forums sure are educational.

Well my friend, depends how you look at it, and i look a it this way seeing as i dont really like the french that much i dont wish to be associated with them but geographically speaking England is SOMEWHAT apart of Europe, however Politically speaking England is NOT apart of europe. England is yet fully a part of the European Union and lets hope it never is.

And also seeing as the distributors of grindhouse ORIGINALLY said it will be split in two in Europe (france, germany etc) and kept as one in UK, so seems they have the notion that England is not apart of europe too.

[quote=“Scarface”]
That’s easy for you to say, having already seen it 4,963 times.

The UK is not part of Europe? Wow these forums sure are educational.
[/quote]
What continent is the UK in? The UK continent? It is in Europe. Continental Europe - that is, the UK is separated from the main continent.

well technically british isles isnt it, and considering we’re not apart of the european union id say that argument bares pretty hevy on whether we’re officially part of europe or not

So Cuba, Puerto Rico, etc. are not part of the North America continent?

The UK is in Europe. Cuba is apart of North America. Japan is apart of Asia.

as said, geographically it is INSIDE europe but without being part of the european union it isnt APART of europe which is the point im making

Cuba is in Central America - is that the North American Continent or the South?

[quote=“Kilgore Trout”]
Cuba is in Central America - is that the North American Continent or the South?
[/quote]

was that directed at me? because if so, how do i know? i dont live there, i live in england.

what about art house cinemas?

just went to see ‘the science of sleep’ - fucking incredible movie by the way - at prince charles cinema in leicester square, ‘tarantino’s favourite grindhouse’ (check out the clip here: www.princecharlescinema.com) they have a tarantino bar as a lobby, and it got me thinking… will the full grindhouse be shown in these art cinemas?

as they show films months after general release anyway along with older flicks. someone could probably start a successful petition for that coz its small scale, i think certain arthouse theatres in the uk are linked and share the same prints of movies hence the massive delays between when films are shown in these cinemas e.g. cornerhouse in manchester gets everything first week but only runs them for a fortnight max, while warwick art centre gets everything about 6 months later. could lobby which ever organisation funds / is associated with these cinemas to get a print of the full grindhouse over in england. maybe.

[quote=“WTProductions”]
Well my friend, depends how you look at it, and i look a it this way seeing as i dont really like the french that much i dont wish to be associated with them but geographically speaking England is SOMEWHAT apart of Europe, however Politically speaking England is NOT apart of europe. England is yet fully a part of the European Union and lets hope it never is.

And also seeing as the distributors of grindhouse ORIGINALLY said it will be split in two in Europe (france, germany etc) and kept as one in UK, so seems they have the notion that England is not apart of europe too.
[/quote]

buy yourself a brain as well as a world map. the plan was to split the film in non English speaking territories