It's Official: Grindhouse To Be Split Overseas

buddy boy, england is not in the EUROPEAN UNION, therefore according to our POLITICS we are not tecnically A PART of europe…u see what language im using here POLLITICALLY we’re not A PART of it, however GEOGRAPHICALLY we are IN it.

[quote=“WTProductions”]
buddy boy, england is not in the EUROPEAN UNION[/quote]

Are you fucking kidding me? Dude seriously, stop arguing this. You’re making a total idiot of yourself.

They use the pound instead of the euro - that is the only place they have separated themselves. btw, I’m sure that the Irish would disagree being that they (the UK) still like to think that the sun never sets on the union jack…ha!

well ireland is completely seperate from the Uk and power was handed over to northern Ireland for it be self governing just last week so Ireland is now more seperate than ever!

The film was not being seperated in Ireland until it bombed and we are very much european. oh yeah and stop claiming Neil Jordan as being British hes Irish!

"if it’s not Scottish, it’s CRRRRAP"

what movie?

why do these forums always turn into a slogging match?

jesus, who gives a flying fuck whether englands in europe or not?! (which it is - but i know what the other guy means… we’re not mainland europe and for some reason we tend to clump all those countries into a little race of their own, ‘Europeans’ but thats beside the point)

anyone know about what the other guy said about art house cinemas and stuff? i live near manchester and i would wank if they showed it properly! otherwise i may have to go to london and i dont like wanking in unfamiliar places… :-</E>

Factoid: England is in Europe. Look in an atlas or map.

[quote=“Kilgore Trout”]
Cuba is in Central America - is that the North American Continent or the South?
[/quote]

Yeah that was what I was trying to get at. It’s part of NA continent.

oh my god. :-X

Russell’s reaction via IMDB:

"Kurt Russell, who starred in the Death Proof segment of the Quentin Tarantino/Robert Rodriguez horror “double feature” Grindhouse, has expressed disappointment over the decision to release Death Proof as a separate feature for European audiences. Appearing today (Tuesday) at a news conference at the Cannes Film Festival, where Death Proof is screening in competition for the Palme d’Or, Russell, acknowledging that he hasn’t seen the reedited longer version, said, “I’m disappointed for any audience that they won’t get the Grindhouse experience. … These [two] movies are going to go out there by themselves and they’ll live their own life, but my prediction is that 20 years from now, you’ll want the Grindhouse experience. … [It’s] something bizarre that you’ve never experienced before.” But, appearing at the same news conference, director Quentin Tarantino defended the new version, saying that the film has changed “180 degrees so far as the emotion” is concerned and that he is particularly pleased with the way Russell’s character has evolved in the editing. Standing at the rear of the news conference, producer Harvey Weinstein also joined in the discussion, saying that what Tarantino and Rodriguez originally had to remove from their films so that they could be combined “reduced the essence of the films.” It would have been like “cutting [Tarantino’s] Kill Bill and [Rodriguez’s] Sin City to 70-minute versions,” he said. He predicted that European audiences “and hopefully American audiences” will get a lot more enjoyment out of the films when they’re seen separately. (Grindhouse was a surprise flop when it was released domestically in April. The $60-million film earned only $24 million in ticket sales.) "

It irritates me that Tarantino is all of a sudden defending this split crap. Yeah, it’s cool to see a longer version, but everyone should be able to see the version they like. They should bring out Grindhouse at least in a couple of cinemas in every european country.

Tarantino is saying what Harvey Weinstein wants him to say. Kurt Russell on the other hand can criticise the split because he’s not attached in any way to Harvey Weinstein and because he’s a badass who doesn’t give a shit what that fat bastard might think of him.

No one’s going to watch it, they might as well release the DVD ASAP on BYMOKC to the FFRTY IOLP

[quote=“Biohazard”]
…they might as well release the DVD ASAP on BYMOKC to the FFRTY IOLP
[/quote]

Can I buy a vowel?

Im dissapointed, you wouldnt believe the tanty i had when i heard the news.

And for anyone to say it was the plan in the begining is a lie, in oz we had posters and articles for a double feature…it was like everywhere in the cult underground stores.

Im lucky i have nice fellow movie mates who was able to get me an illegal copy of it. How it was ment to be…sure its not great quality but it adds to the grind house experience.

Im still ganna see the new seperate movies, its a different experience and something totally different. Even though im pissed that i wont see their original view on the big screen.

There is no doubt i just would love to see more in the cinema here, everything is crap.

Something good comes out, and look what the masses do for it.

Pathetic normal movie people…too worried about gay pirate excapdes and sequels galore…

I think a lot of people will go see Death Proof and Planet Terror seperately, but it just isn’t the way it was originally supossed to be…