It was fun while it lasted

[quote]yeah funny how everybody complains about troublemakers and when they leave they say its boring.[/quote]

The troublemaker was Pete, he hasn’t left, and there’s even less to talk about now because if we talk about something Pete can’t keep up with he’ll flame the forum and you’ll remove it. I almost think the only reason you allowed him to flame the Politics forum was so that you could justify removing it despite the majoral vote.

[quote]sometimes i’m thinking “cut off all the off-topic stuff and see what happens”, maybe more people would sign up then, coz the place would no longer be dominated by all these flame wars…[/quote]

If gaining members is your goal maybe instead of getting rid of the “off-topic” stuff that’s still active, maybe you should try getting rid of all the “off-topic” stuff that’s been virtually dead for years. Flame wars were never an issue until the election, I.E. when Pete started posting in the politics forum, but for some reason, rather than warn him you decided to punish everyone else instead.

Yeah, this is a Tarantino forum, but some of us have been here for years. There’s only so much we can say about the man. I mean, how much time can we possibly spend discussing the script for a movie that still doesn’t exist, or detailing the historical inaccuracies of the character’s wardrobe?

This forum was once great but it’s been slowly lobotomised into a series of “I have/like this” lists seemingly aimed at the modern version of the VH1 crowd haphazardly controlled by simple minded elitists.

If what you want this board to be is a bunch of “I have this”/ “I think this is the best…” lists than you need to reformat this place and make it clear. Let the world know that debate, disagreement and discussion, aren’t allowed here.

[quote=“PutneySwope”]
Thats entertainment related. Thats why we’re here. Sports is entertainment related. Politics and Religion are separate kinds of subjects. They happen to cause alot of conflict with people as we’ve seen. I think Kilgore even got pissed off at people who were trying their best to be polite to him like pantsman. I think he just decided his loudmouth rants werent getting him anywhere and he decided to leave finally. Personally, I thought Kilgore was a major asshole who came in here for the wrong reasons from the start. I think the first thing he ever said to me was some kind of insult. Not a good way to start things off in a forum.

[/quote]

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://www.tarantino.info/forum/index.p#msg217900”>http://www.tarantino.info/forum/index.php/topic,8605.msg217900.html#msg217900</LINK_TEXT>

so people only argue about politics on this forum? People only show their ass when they talk about religion?

here are some quotes from Putney:

"SHOW ME SOME PROOF!!! SHOW ME WHERE THE SUBLIMINAL MESSAGES ARE!!! Or shut the fuck up and stick to watching Teletubbies and Miss Marple. "

and

“Stick your subliminal messages up your ass.”

or

"Hey, if you guys think I’m such a bastard, why dont you fuckin prove me wrong.

I call shit like I see it. If you want to rag on me for expressing my honest opinions on stuff, whatever.

I asked some solid questions and I get insulted for it. FUCK you. You know EXACTLY what I was saying, stop acting like I’m causing problems for the fuck of it.

You call ME immature? Thats a fucking laugh. "

All things that Putney said to one of the moderators of this board - Ify.

Oh, and Pete…you’ve got to be the dumbest motherfucker I’ve ever met. I mean, come on - Pittsburgh Bill…Pittsburgh Willie - he’s a fucking character on the movie Putney Swope - and you gave me a warm welcome to the forum saying that you hope I’ll bring something better than what’s been here. Fuck you.

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://www.tarantino.info/forum/index.p#msg217900”>http://www.tarantino.info/forum/index.php/topic,8605.msg217900.html#msg217900</LINK_TEXT>

you fell for the oldest trick in the book. You’re a fucking loser and everyone here knows it. I deleted my account and lost all my posts…but it was so fucking worth it.

Dont talk around me like I’m not here. WTF?

Dex, you should make your own forum if you think this one is so terrible. All you do is complain and blame other people for things that go wrong. The politics board is empty because the majority of people who come in here want to discuss film, music, etc. Thats why Seb opened this forum. It wasnt to please people like you and that asshole Kilgore who want to rant about politics. Simple as that. Case closed.

If youre going to leave, then leave. Dont be a whiny bitch and keep coming in here trying to start trouble by blaming ME for things you cant accept.

Pittsburgh Bill aka Kilgore the fuckin asshole who doesnt belong here is back!

Bottom line here is: You two idiots need to find another forum and quit your horseshit.

Hopefully Seb WILL close the politics board down. It will keep you twats from hiding out in there.

no Pete, you’re the asshole who doesn’t belong here. In fact, you don’t really belong anywhere except in your dirty chair in front of your lame-ass computer where you are a real tough guy. A bully. An asshole. A LEGEND IN YOUR OWN MIND.

I really like this part the most - it is where you welcomed me to the forum:

Welcome to the forum Bill! I hope you’ll bring some coolness to the place. After all the BS thats been going on recently, we need some new people to freshen the place up.

-Popeye Pete

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

good times

Its over Kilgore Trout. Youre finished and you know it. How long do you think this BS is going to continue? Once the politics board is closed (which it def should be) your ass is all washed up. You got nowhere to go.

Everytime I get in an argument with someone youre going to go thru the forum and use it against me? Fuuuuuck you.

[quote=“PutneySwope”]
Its over Kilgore Trout. Youre finished and you know it. How long do you think this BS is going to continue? Once the politics board is closed (which it def should be) your ass is all washed up. You got nowhere to go.

Everytime I get in an argument with someone youre going to go thru the forum and use it against me? Fuuuuuck you.
[/quote]

you've been in more arguments than sexual encounters....and that's just on this forum. How many times did you change your name douchebag?

Zzzzzzzz

[quote=“PutneySwope”]
Zzzzzzzz
[/quote]
that’s what the last chick you tried to satisfy with your thumb-dick said.

Is that supposed to bother me? Strike 1! Cmon you ol sheepdippin cowtipper, you can do better than that!

I agree with Dex on this…

[quote=“PutneySwope”]
Dont talk around me like I’m not here. WTF?

Dex, you should make your own forum if you think this one is so terrible. All you do is complain and blame other people for things that go wrong. The politics board is empty because the majority of people who come in here want to discuss film, music, etc. Thats why Seb opened this forum. It wasnt to please people like you and that asshole Kilgore who want to rant about politics. Simple as that. Case closed.
[/quote]

The politics forum is only dead because your spamming/flaming caused seb to go all “dictatorship” and delete it, despite popular opinion. If people come here to discuss entertainment like you say than where are those threads? All I see getting posted on, (besides the politics forum, that you deteriated and got 9-11’nd) are the “hey look what I just bought” and “I’ve got this, what do you have” threads, which do not even come close to constituting a discussion.

[quote=“PutneySwope”]
If youre going to leave, then leave. Dont be a whiny bitch and keep coming in here trying to start trouble by blaming ME for things you cant accept.
[/quote]

I’ll leave the community the way you left the Politics forum.

[quote=“PutneySwope”]Pittsburgh Bill aka Kilgore the fuckin asshole who doesnt belong here is back!

Bottom line here is: You two idiots need to find another forum and quit your horseshit.

Hopefully Seb WILL close the politics board down. It will keep you twats from hiding out in there.
[/quote]

The politics board is gone you fucking moron! How well does that prove that it being around meant absolutely nothing to you? It’s been gone since before my first post in this thread and you didn’t even fucking notice!? You could have easily ignored it if “peace” was really your true agenda.

Dex is right. On all accounts.

You know what’s really funny? Everyone “says” they want peace, but when there’s peace, everyone feels themselves feeling complacent. No. The reality is, people, humans, are not happy unless they have something to fight for. Something to argue about. Something to debate. It’s been scientifically proven that old people live up to 20 years longer if they have something to bitch about.

A little debating, and a little self-reflection caused by the debating, is good for the soul.

I agree with what Dex said, and I also think that everyone is taking this a little too seriously. The fun has really been sucked out of this place.

I just noticed that the politics forum has been deleted, and I am very disappointed with the decision. It doesn’t make any fucking sense Seb, sorry. I had great discussions with people like Kilgore, Angel and Snake Eyes in the past on that board even on such delicate topics as religion, and we never resorted to personal insults and childish comments. The problem here is not the topic nor the board, but the maturity level of the posters participating in it. It is like telling an adult he can’t eat steak because a child cannot chew it. And deleting the politics section doesn’t even make sense in the logical sense - because anyone can open a politics related topic in Hanso’s section anyway. Unless we’re gonna start deleting any topic dealing with politics from now on - which would make us very close to the internet version of a totalitarian regime.

ok let me make one thing clear here (or a few things)

a) closing the politics board wasnt an easy decision. if you know me, then you know that politics is what I do in real life, and I opened the politics board mostly out of personal interest in the first place, so I surely wasn’t happy about that

b) there was a fistful of people posting there with even less people casting their vote in the “should we close it” poll. you can still create a politics related topic in another chat/hanzo’s section, it just doesnt have its on section anymore.

c) i dont need anyones permission to close a forum section, in fact i’ve created so many forum sections and sub forums to accomodate almost every taste and hobby, that this is in fact distracting from the core business of this website: movies.

d) i dont have the time, nor the nerves, to constantly play kindergarden nanny in here. i’m not blaming this on any one person, pete or kilgore, whoever started it, i dont care, you know who you are. those who’re sad about this action i’ve taken, fine, blame it on them. you cant expect me to spend multiple hours every day sifting through whole pages of out-of-control flame wars to find out who’s really to blame or who started it or who was purposely provoked into starting it etc… if there can’t be a mature discussion in here then that’s really a shame and the majority has to suffer from that.

e) Dex, I disagree with you to many accounts. I haven’t seen you posting in the IB section. I’m not saying everyone here should just talk about the same old movies over and over again. there’s many many sections about everything that’s used more than the Tarantino movies sections fine. but if you have no interest in what happens Tarantino-news wise, then I’m asking myself why you came here. Don’t get me wrong, I’m glad you’re all here, but I’m assuming that the numer 1 reason is Tarantino, because that’s what this website is about… and you know, I’ve been running this place for 8 years now, I’ve developed not only a feeling for when the website does well, i also have numbers, and statistics and so forth, and to tell you one thing: the website isn’t “dead” just because there aren’t as many trolls here anymore, that’s simply not true. in it’s 8 year history the tarantino archives hasn’t ever had as many visitors, and I’m assuming that one reason people are shying away from becoming active in the forum, is when topics are constantly hijacked by flame wars, and the only stuff that constantly keeps showing up in the “latest posts” section, are topics like “hands up if you’re irish”, i mean to an outsider, how does that look like?

Bottom line: it’s in my interest to make sure things don’t get out of hand, without cherry-picking culprits here and there, for which I have no time for. I’m begging you all, think about it and act like adults. The politics section was an experiment, but I should’ve never started it in the first place…

I’m working my ass off to deliver cool shit for this website, and then I constantly have to put up with things like this… that is VERY disappointing, and I don’t disagree with you Scarface.

I agree too about the lack of discussion. I mean INGLORIOUS BASTARDS is on the verge of being unleashed to the world… and, granted some fans may want to stay away from anything related to spoling it until release, but I don’t think that’s the case, there’s has only been a handfull of regulars (not me and the few who have just signed up) posting. It’s virtually dead at the minute.

[quote=“plunderbunnie”]
I agree with what Dex said, and I also think that everyone is taking this a little too seriously. The fun has really been sucked out of this place.
[/quote]

I haven’t see you even post in any movie-releated topics since I’ve been here, not to mention Inglorious Bastards. Think it’s the case for a lot of others too.

Dex & Co: I disagree on all counts (wtf is this? a courtroom now?) You guys need to get over this Politics board thing and move on. If you dont have anything to discuss in here. Do something else with your time. Calling me names and whining about the lack of traffic to Seb isnt going to change anything and you know it. And def dont blame me personally for anything. I just call things like I see them. It turned out I was right about this subject. And you gotta take it out on somebody cuz youre mad. Typical BS.

I never supported political debates in this fucking forum from the start. And why do all the wrestling fans congregate in the politics section? And you call ME a moron? All you guys do is rant and rave. Why dont you goto the local bar and do that with likeminded people? This place was created to talk about film and entertainment. Thats why I come in here, and the majority of other people too. Dont let the polls fool you.

If you want to discuss QTs new movie or other films, thats cool, lets talk. Other than that, keep your problems to yourself. Dont point fingers at me or anyone else.

I think if people actually contributed to the site more like Seb does and didnt just act like lazy bums, this place would be going great. Theres all kinds of cool things you can do in here if you truly cared about the place. But people like Kilgore set the worst example. I know for a fact he didnt give two shits about this forum/site and Im pretty sure that everyone who supported him dont either. Youre the types that want other people to do all the work and when something goes wrong you blame everyone else. Lets talk about losers. Thats a loser in my book.

As far as peace vs. drama. A little bit of drama never hurts, but we’re supposed to be here because of a shared interest in film and related things. Not to piss on each others head all the time. Politics isnt part of that. It never was.

Sorry for your big loss guys. But hey, life sucks sometimes.

[quote=“Geoi”]
Dex is right. On all accounts.

You know what’s really funny? Everyone “says” they want peace, but when there’s peace, everyone feels themselves feeling complacent. No. The reality is, people, humans, are not happy unless they have something to fight for. Something to argue about. Something to debate. It’s been scientifically proven that old people live up to 20 years longer if they have something to bitch about.

A little debating, and a little self-reflection caused by the debating, is good for the soul.
[/quote]

Great speech Geoi. I’m using that for my script! That’s why god made copyright, baby!

[quote=“Snake Eyes”]
And already the archives seems a little less bright…
[/quote]

Fo shizzle, dawg....

Kilgore, I will always remember that crazy web cam session we had. My lips are sealed.