Inglourious Basterds info-center (pre-production)

I hope QT watches all the other Paul Walker crapfests so that he changes his mind.

Quentin has made it well known that one of his favourite movies of all time is Where Eagles Dare (‘the best men on a mission movie’ he claims). There has been talk that once he got Kill Bill out of the way, he would then resume work on his homage to that film, calling it ‘Inglorious Bastards’.

If Quentin or his agent is reading this, I propose that he should give a part to English actor Derren Nesbitt, who was so memorable as Major von Hapon, the Gestapo officer in Where Eagles Dare and thereby creating a nice link between the two pictures. (And before any wise ass replies, NO he is not dead, he is certainly alive and well)

I would love to see Derren playing a similar creepy role, maybe as an older Nazi General in this movie. He can certainly nail that accent!

So today I start my online campaign to get Derren Nesbitt in Quentin’s World War II epic.

Gary Powell (37) - (England)

[quote=“gazminator”]
Quentin has made it well known that one of his favourite movies of all time is Where Eagles Dare (‘the best men on a mission movie’ he claims). [/quote]

I didn’t know that. And I now love the QT even more for that! 8)

I wonder if Tim Roth will be confirmed to have a role in this soon becuase Michael Madsen mentioned him in an interview again.

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/rese … ay=6151962”>http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/reservoirdogs/media.html?sid=6151962&autoplay=6151962</LINK_TEXT>

By the way, the interview is pretty boring and he only mentions IB once and its towards the end.

I remember Mike saying that Tim Roth was going to be in it awhile back. From what Ive heard so far, current Bastard contenders besides Madsen are: Tim Roth, Paul Walker, Eddie Murphy, Adam Sandler, Bo Svenson.

Inglorious advertising :wink:: If people are interested in the original Inglorious Bastards movie by Enzo G. Castellari (great flick btw), we’ve put some media (trailer and 2 hilarious clips) online.

i finally have the japanese dvd here, uncut and widescreen. i hope i can watch it soon

[quote=“The Seb”]
i finally have the japanese dvd here, uncut and widescreen. i hope i can watch it soon
[/quote]

That’s a pretty good disc. Got that one too. Quality is awesome compared to the (probably illegal) laserdisc transfer DVD from America I got before this one. :wink:

I gots the bootleg version :slight_smile:

:frowning:

not that I endorse any of this but the japanese version is also available on bittorrent, so a quick search and a broadband internet connection will quickly bring you the joy that otherwise costs you 30 bucks for importing that disc from ebay or something. but then again, i do not endorse such evil deeds as that in any way

ok on Iconoclasts Tarantino again stated that after Grind House, his WW2 epic will be next, encouraged by Coppola’s wife, he said he’s going to “climb that mount everest” because in his later years his mount-climbing days might be over :wink: nice analogy

[quote=“The Seb”]
his WW2 epic will be next, encouraged by Coppola’s wife
[/quote]

Isn’t the Coppola the best movie-family ever ? I guess we can all thank them if Inglorious Bastard come next :wink:

I remember QT saying that about IB on Charlie Rose the last time he was on there. He was saying he wasnt sure if he wanted to climb another Mt Everest right after Kill Bill and Eleanor Coppola said he should just go for it because he wont always be able to have the energy to do stuff like that.

I think everyone wants QT to shoot it ASAP. Although I’m sure it will be a few years before he gets the script 100% ready to go.

anyways I love Mrs Coppola for telling him to get going! :wink:

I so wanna see Tarantino move on, and war movies is something he hasn’t touched at all, yet. i also wanna see him to 70s-type sci-fi films or a real western, or a screwball comedy

Id like to see him do his take on spy films too. Not Bond but something else. I think that would rock.

Id also like to see QT do a documentary on Grindhouse-Exploitation cinema someday. Like his version of what Scorsese did for classic Hollywood and Italian cinema.

[quote=“WinslowLeach”]
Id also like to see QT do a documentary on Grindhouse-Exploitation cinema someday. Like his version of what Scorsese did for classic Hollywood and Italian cinema.
[/quote]

That would be fantastic ! Cause it will be a good way for him too, to put order in his own movie culture. He couldn’t present all the movies he saw, and couldn’t say they are all superdupper cool. It could be a good exercise for him to focus and select. And plus grindhouse-exploitation cinema could have the hommage it deserves :smiley:

Exploitation films or exploitative films, also known as Grindhouse cinema or trash cinema is a genre of films that typically sacrifice traditional notions of artistic merit for a sensational display, often featuring sex, gore, and violence. Such films have existed since the earliest days of moviemaking, but were popularized in the 1970s with the general relaxing of moral standards in cinema in the U.S. and Europe. Exploitation films may adopt the subject matters and stylings of other film genres (particularly documentary films or horror films). Thematically, exploitation films are influenced by other so-called exploitative media like pulp magazines.

I looked up “exploitation cinema” and this is what it said!

[quote=“The Seb”]
anyways I love Mrs Coppola for telling him to get going! :wink:

I so wanna see Tarantino move on, and war movies is something he hasn’t touched at all, yet. i also wanna see him to 70s-type sci-fi films or a real western, or a screwball comedy
[/quote]

I would love to see a QT western. A sci-fi film would be interesting also.

Stallone Talks IG.

CHUD.com

It really wouldn’t matter to me if Stallone takes the part or not, as long as the movie is made I’m happy. And you know QT, he’ll always find SOMEBODY!