Inglourious Basterds info-center (pre-production)

yeah I know, it focuses more on Fred Williamson

i heard it was something about an escape from a POW camp, but im sure thatll just be one of the stories. but i don’t think the movie will be out next year. i’ve heard it’s going to be broken up into something like 3 different movies like kill bill. apparently the script is like 6 hours long or something?

well he SAID it’s 3 scripts already. so maybe a Band of Brothers style mini-series? i mean, he talked about how he liked the TV format when he did CSI

[quote=“The Seb”]
so maybe a Band of Brothers style mini-series? i mean, he talked about how he liked the TV format when he did CSI
[/quote]

Seb, [size=130]DO NOT[/size] tempt fate!!

Band of brothers was a show but i’d say it was more like a film than a TV show. I guess there is a bg difference between TV and Mini Series

i dont know…band of brothers seems too…realistic for it to be anything QT would do. There’s no real creativity there, you know? There have been so many films (Bridge Over the River Kwai/Saving Private Ryan) with the same kind of view of the war. QT always brings his own style to common genres, you know? Reservoir Dogs and a bank robbery, Jackie Brown and blaxploitation, so you know it at least its going to go beyond the normal barriers of something like BoB, especially with the rumored cast (Murphy and Sandler?), and he said it’d have a spaghetti western aspect right? so maybe some PoW’s are captured in the first part, it focuses on their time in the camp, which would probably be horrible, and then the two parts are about them getting some revenge against their captors.

I made a poster

:stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“bigkahuna”]
i dont know…band of brothers seems too…realistic for it to be anything QT would do. There’s no real creativity there, you know? There have been so many films (Bridge Over the River Kwai/Saving Private Ryan) with the same kind of view of the war. QT always brings his own style to common genres, you know? Reservoir Dogs and a bank robbery, Jackie Brown and blaxploitation, so you know it at least its going to go beyond the normal barriers of something like BoB, especially with the rumored cast (Murphy and Sandler?), and he said it’d have a spaghetti western aspect right? so maybe some PoW’s are captured in the first part, it focuses on their time in the camp, which would probably be horrible, and then the two parts are about them getting some revenge against their captors.
[/quote]

i compared it to Band of Brothers not because of the content, but because of the format, you know… not a tv series, but not a movie either… just a mini series. i think that would be okay if QT has too much material to make one film out of

thearnoldfans.com, referring to contactmusic.com (where i coudn’t find the source!) just claimed that, and i quote:

" According to Contactmusic.com, Quentin Tarantino’s World War II Epic, Inglorious Bastards may still star Arnold!

Quentin Tarantino who recently squashed the rumors of the trio’s involvement in the film, is apparently considering their roles. He also hinted that with Schwarzenegger’s poor rating as Governor of California, this could be Arnold’s biggest comeback yet."

read more/ source : http://www.thearnoldfans.com/news/971.htm

NOOO ! I don’t want him in the movie. And the fact he’s a bad governor isn’t a good reason to take him in the movie and help him to make his comeback.

it’s just weird that they are referring to contactmusic.com but they dont have anything there. and that arnold site has turned out to be very unreliable in the past

If that would be true (the Arnold thing) then I have to put a big [size=120]?[/size] on the attitudes of mind of Mr. Tarantino. ???

i posted this picture once, and I’ll post it again.

I don’t think anyone wants to see him as an action star anymore.

Well everybody gets old sometime. You can’t always be perfect. I’m actually all up for having Stallone and Arnie in IB, BUT… I don’t think it’d be good idea to have a proper starring role, I think it would just take the piss. Just having them in for like 10 minutes or something would be cool. Imagine a cameo with the impact that Robert Duvall made in Apocalypse Now, it would kick arse!!

i really didn´t like the before pic. don´t like that kind of body

Something like: Leone wanted Eastwood, Van Cleef and Wallach to die in the first 3 minutes of Once upon a time in the West. This would the only way to put them in. of course in my opinion…

[quote=“Luxie”]
i really didn´t like the before pic. don´t like that kind of body
[/quote]

To quote plunderbunnie: “icky”

I think he could be a bad ass sergeant. He shouldn’t have a big part, but just a few lines.

Yeah, he could destroy the film otherwise. I´m not that impressed with his actingskills.

Now that I think of it…Arnold wasn’t bad in Terminator 3 which was released 3 or 4 years ago…so like said above…maybe he could be a sargeant. But no starring role.

AICN Downunder reports that Paul Walker (Running Scared) was talking with QT about a possible role in Inglorious Bastards. QT loved Running Scared, so thats probably where he hit it off with Paul. We’ll see in 10 years when the film finally gets made.