Inglourious Basterds info-center (pre-production)

Sorry for the comment, i now notice the smiley and that your intention wasn’t meant in anyway to be mean or ofensive. And i agree and see where your coming from, seeing as the movie isn’t even in production. However, i do hope that the movie is called Inglorious Bastards: Once Upon a Time in Nazi-Occupied France. That would be kick ass.

[quote=“badassmovieman”]
Well I know for a fact Tarantino was just in Germany. I imagine there might be some issues on the translation and so forth, but other than that what exactly are you saying is “questionable”? Next stop for Tarantino is the Ninth Cinemanila International Film Festival.
[/quote]

Well nobody is saying he wasn’t in Germany.

[quote]His films, like “Pulp Fiction” (1994), “Jackie Brown” (1997) and “Kill Bill” (Vol. 1 2003, Vol. 2 2004), follow complex story lines and are renowned for their use of brutality, often showing graphic scenes of violence.[/quote]

I don’t think Kill Bill follows a complex story line at all. Jackie Brown isn’t renowned for it’s use of brutality or graphic scenes of violence.

[quote]It was originally meant to be shown as a double feature with his “Planet Terror”, which was directed by his friend Robert Rodriguez, but after the idea bombed in America, “Death Proof” was released by itself in most European countries.[/quote]

Wasn’t it always going to be released seperately in Europe?

[quote]Even though it was savaged by critics in the US [/quote]

Who “savaged” DP in the US? The last I heard and read, the critics loved it.

I’ve decided to make a poster :slight_smile:

nice, i like it. But write INGLORIOUS BASTARDS in caps. I think it’ll look cooler.

That’s the arty poster. I’m trying to make a action poster but I can’t find any good explosions and bridges blowing up :stuck_out_tongue:

Instead of having “a film by…” you should go with “Quentin Tarantino’s…”

[quote=“Bad Max”]
I’ve decided to make a poster :slight_smile:

[/quote]
cute

Even if Inglorious Bastards does not carry the subtitle: Once Upon a Time in Nazi-Occupied France, it will always still hold that little place in my heart. :-*

Just read the new empire and it has an interview with QT. He said that he is still writing IG and that it wont be ready to shoot for another 12 months. He also said that IG might not be his next movie.

[quote=“anikin06”]
Just read the new empire and it has an interview with QT. He said that he is still writing IG and that it wont be ready to shoot for another 12 months. He also said that IG might not be his next movie.
[/quote]
That’s what I was talking about!! See, Pete? I was right!!!

So that makes ALOT of sense. He says its going to take 12 months more to finish up, but its not gonna be his next film? Why would he bother finishing writing it, if he doesnt even plan on shooting it next anyways? That means hes going to spend 12 months more on IB, and then write another new script as well? This should be interesting.

As I understood he said that the script won’t be finished in another 12 months (maybe because QT is a little bit tired and needs some rest or maybe because he wants to take some time to think what does he want to be in the movie or both) but it doesn’t mean that the script well be finished in 12 months, it can take 2 or 3 years!! So, in the meantime QT might do an another movie. Remember that he was talking about the erotic one?

I think that makes a perfect sence.

Bastards is what he should make next. I’ll be dissapointed if he doesnt.

guess he’ll make more smaller stuff until he feels the script is right. bummer. well as long as it’s death proof quality stuff or more CSI, i’m in

Well news is Rodriguez and Universal has decided not to go ahead with Barbarella. They won’t say for what reasons, but RR says budgetry. Anyways, maybe the two of them can come up with something new. If RR does do Machete like he planned, QT will more than likely shoot a faux trailer for that.

[quote=“badmutha77”]
Well news is Rodriguez and Universal has decided not to go ahead with Barbarella. They won’t say for what reasons, but RR says budgetry. Anyways, maybe the two of them can come up with something new. If RR does do Machete like he planned, QT will more than likely shoot a faux trailer for that.
[/quote]
Yeah, cool, and why did you post that in the IB info-center?

QT has been writing the IB script for how many years now? 6? 7? Must be a record.

Its been about a decade since he first started writing it. He wrote Kill Bill AFTER he started writing IB. I dont know why he just doesnt finish IB and make it. Why take more time to write another separate script again?

He definitely has it in him to complete what remains of the script in a short time if he wants to. He wrote Dogs in something like 2 weeks, Death Proof too. Of course Bastards is more epic than the two of them combined but by Jove, you’d think that 10 years would be more than enough.

[quote=“Scarface”]
QT has been writing the IB script for how many years now? 6? 7? Must be a record.
[/quote]
I think it’s more than 6 or 7, but don’t forget that Once Upon A Time In America took 12 years to write. And that was with 6 writers!

6 credited writers… but actually a lot more!