I wanna be in that cage!

<LINK_TEXT text=“- YouTube … re=channel”>- YouTube</LINK_TEXT>

:o

I watched the video on mute so I can’t vouch for the song but God Damn! I hope every female in the music industry watches this video and takes notes.

I thought the song was pretty cool. I usually don’t indulge in this kind of pop, but damn she looks so god, I can’t ignore that voice! :o

Yeah!! Haha :smiley:

The music video is awesome. I said it before, I’m gonna say it again, Shakira’s the best!

But I also enjoyed most of her music too before that one…But this one is very bad I think! Fucking vocoder or auto-tune or whatever its called. The only good thing about it is the loud breathing at the end of the chorus, brilliant. Rest is plain shitty.

[quote=“RatQuiRit”]The music video is awesome. I said it before, I’m gonna say it again, Shakira’s the best!

But I also enjoyed most of her music too before that one…But this one is very bad I think! Fucking vocoder or auto-tune or whatever its called. The only good thing about it is the loud breathing at the end of the chorus, brilliant. Rest is plain shitty.[/quote]

I agree. I’ve been Shakira fan for a long time now but this song is just horrible. >:(

I liked it. And I don’t even like Shakira. I heard it when I was driving to the grocery store. I was like “Hey, this song rocks”. And then I watched the video when I got back - at first I thought she was nude…but she isn’t :’(

[quote=“Eastern Beauty”][quote=“RatQuiRit”]The music video is awesome. I said it before, I’m gonna say it again, Shakira’s the best!

But I also enjoyed most of her music too before that one…But this one is very bad I think! Fucking vocoder or auto-tune or whatever its called. The only good thing about it is the loud breathing at the end of the chorus, brilliant. Rest is plain shitty.[/quote]

I agree. I’ve been Shakira fan for a long time now but this song is just horrible. >:([/quote]

On the other hand, the new Beyoncé hit is pretty catchy and has a cool video too : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbGV2_8Yqg4

Although it gets old halfway through, it's pop music afterall, I never found that very listenable.

Catchy tune. Not my thing. But good. 8)

By the way, 1:30 of that Beyoncé clip is definitely a WTF?? moment :smiley:

And those lyrics…god I can’t believe someone actually sat down and wrote that for her. Same for Shakira. I don’t really know Beyoncé that much but I think it’s never been that bad for Shakira…but maybe I didn’t understand english as much as I do now when she made Whenever, Wherever…

[quote=“RatQuiRit”]

On the other hand, the new Beyoncé hit is pretty catchy and has a cool video too : - YouTube

Although it gets old halfway through, it’s pop music afterall, I never found that very listenable.[/quote]

I actually expected so much more from this video. I really like the song though :slight_smile:

I thought this thread was going to be about the recent Gina Carano fight. Possibly that picture with her legs up over her head after going for that ankle lock. I wonder if I’m alone on that one.

[quote=“pantsman”]I thought this thread was going to be about the recent Gina Carano fight. Possibly that picture with her legs up over her head after going for that ankle lock. I wonder if I’m alone on that one.[/quote]

Strikeforce sucks anyway.

[quote=“Mr.Pink”][quote=“pantsman”]I thought this thread was going to be about the recent Gina Carano fight. Possibly that picture with her legs up over her head after going for that ankle lock. I wonder if I’m alone on that one.[/quote]Strikeforce sucks anyway.[/quote]
They air Strikeforce events in NZ?

I’m a fan of any org however, as long as fighters are getting paid and the UFC isn’t the only game in town. Keep up with MMA?

[quote=“pantsman”][quote=“Mr.Pink”][quote=“pantsman”]I thought this thread was going to be about the recent Gina Carano fight. Possibly that picture with her legs up over her head after going for that ankle lock. I wonder if I’m alone on that one.[/quote]Strikeforce sucks anyway.[/quote]
They air Strikeforce events in NZ?

I’m a fan of any org however, as long as fighters are getting paid and the UFC isn’t the only game in town. Keep up with MMA?[/quote]

Yup but the only good fights is when Frank shamrock is fighting. I actually take MMA in a local gym mainly focussing on BJJ.

[quote=“Mr.Pink”]Yup but the only good fights is when Frank shamrock is fighting. I actually take MMA in a local gym mainly focussing on BJJ.[/quote]
But… Frank fights in Strikeforce ;D

I train a little and take my cousin to BJJ classes at Rich Clementi’s gym, where Ricco Rodriguez is supposed to be taking over in the Gi-based BJJ classes. It’s an awesome workout and you’re always finding something new.

[quote=“pantsman”]
But… Frank fights in Strikeforce ;D

I train a little and take my cousin to BJJ classes at Rich Clementi’s gym, where Ricco Rodriguez is supposed to be taking over in the Gi-based BJJ classes. It’s an awesome workout and you’re always finding something new.[/quote]

Yea I meant the only good strikeforce fights is when Frank shamrock is fighting. So you train BJJ eh? Its so effective in 1 on 1 street fights.

[quote=“Mr.Pink”]Yea I meant the only good strikeforce fights is when Frank shamrock is fighting. So you train BJJ eh? Its so effective in 1 on 1 street fights.[/quote]
I don’t get in many street fights, but yeah, I definitely think a solid ground game can help out in basically any type of fight related situation. Most fights I’ve seen usually end with two guys rolling around anyway, knowing how to control your guard, sweep and get to full mount can help you take care of just about any average Joe off the street.

[quote=“pantsman”]
I don’t get in many street fights, but yeah, I definitely think a solid ground game can help out in basically any type of fight related situation. Most fights I’ve seen usually end with two guys rolling around anyway, knowing how to control your guard, sweep and get to full mount can help you take care of just about any average Joe off the street.[/quote]

Yea if you can mount your opponent then its all over for them.

[quote=“RatQuiRit”]And those lyrics…god I can’t believe someone actually sat down and wrote that for her. Same for Shakira. I don’t really know Beyoncé that much but I think it’s never been that bad for Shakira…but maybe I didn’t understand english as much as I do now when she made Whenever, Wherever…[/quote]

Beyonce writes her own lyrics, all of them. ANd they’re usually pretty good. Oh and Beyonce, there’s no way to compare her to Shakira, she’s 10 000 times better than her, in terms of vocals, lyrics, artists (Shakira isn’t an artist) and even as a diva icon, Shakira is off for a long time.

ANd new Shakira song AND video, SUCK indeed. I’d rather kill myself than hear it again. Her dance moves are aweful and painful to watch, the auto-tune suck, and the only fact that she’s proud of this song makes me feel sorry for her.