I love how people die in Pulp Fiction

I really like how people die in Kill Bill and Pulp Fiction. When a person dies in a normal movie, you feel bad because his/her performance is over and you’ll never see the person act again. But with this nonlinear style he uses it’s a lot better. Like when someone dies in QT’s movies, you don’t necessarily feel bad, because it goes out of order and you know you’ll see him/her again. So, in essence the person is never really dead. Like when Vincent gets killed. Do you in your right mind consider Vincent dead? No, not really because after he dies, you still see him in the movie for a long time. It’s just another benefit to QT’s style of storytelling. Pulp would have not been the same movie if it were told in a linear way.

…That would be cool to see though, it would be a neat easter egg on the dvd of you could see it in chronological order. Kind of like they do on Memento’s 2nd disc.

I totally agree, however the best death in Pulp Fiction had to be the guy hiding in the washroom. I’m sorry but when I first saw that, I couldn’t stop laughing, in fact, that scene is what made me the Tarantino fan I am today. Fucking Brilliant, just little shit like that.

actually when i first saw ‘pulp’ a few years back i was shocked and disapointed when Vincent dies. i know he wasn’t a ‘good guy’ but i liked his character and felt he deserved to LIVE! it was after my friend told me this was more like real life, where people just die and shit happens that i felt i could ultimatly deal with it. i just couldnt accept vincent vega’s fate as an acceptible one when taking karma into account.

[quote]

Kind of like they do on Memento’s 2nd disc.[/quote]

They show Memento in linear style? Fuck I’d like to see that. What a movie. Back to your point, i didnt notice Vincent was REALLY dead at all, since like you said he’s almost in all of the rest of the movie after he gets killed.

Heh in the theatres I took a piss when Vincent got killed and thought he lived for the whole movie! Until I got it on tape that is. But its great how Quentin showed what leads up too his demise. And you get too see what has too be Vincent last days on earth. Its beautiful in violent way :’(

[quote]i know he wasn’t a ‘good guy’ but i liked his character and felt he deserved to LIVE! [/quote]

I wanted him to live too, but when ya think about it he really should die. Here’s why, Jules redeemed himself from his life of sin, and thus lived. But Vincent kept his hitman job and he didn’t see redemption and instead kept the life of sin and eventually faced the consequences. Yes, that’s right. Dying while taking a shit.

I really liked it in the begining when they (Jules & Vincent) kill Brett and when they shoot him the suitcase give off it’s glow.

All situations were great. The best one was the death of Marvin. I was laughing out loud, but their conversation that followed was even funnier. And Vincent’s death. Yeah, imagine, he was so worried about Mia’s life, and what would happen to him if she dies, and HE died next day. Pathetic.

Vincent’s death is by far the best

it’s not as “funny” as Brett’s or Marvin’s death but a guy being killed by the guy he was orderd to kill in a very stupid way is plain simple genius to me

And Butch shot him accidently. But I think he would kill him anyway. He had no choice.

Butch shot him accidently ?? No, he didn’t

He didn’t go to the appartment with the intention to kill Vince or Marsellus but when he shot Vincent, he meant to shoot him, and kill him

[quote=“Johny_Exhale2”]
Butch shot him accidently ?? No, he didn’t

He didn’t go to the appartment with the intention to kill Vince or Marsellus but when he shot Vincent, he meant to shoot him, and kill him
[/quote]

Indeed.

He shot him because of the toaster. That was a tense atmosphere, he had a gun, he was thinking what to do and so on. At least I think it was like that.

I think he was jumpy enough about the situation, but when the toasted went off he naturally reacted by squeezing the trigger.

I was holding a kitchen knife and was about to carve open a turkey when the toaster went off and I accidently killed my whole family.

LOL 8)

Butch didn’t shoot Vincent because of the toaster, he would have killed him anyway, because if he didn’t Vincent would have killed Butch. Pulling the trigger straight after the toaster went off was just one of these “cool details” we talk about. After watching the film, you might say to your friends “Hey, remember that part where the toaster goes off and then Bruce Willis shoots that long haired guy and he falls back into the shitter with an ambarassing death pose with a book in his hand, that was cool”

From Ify:
[quote]because if he didn’t Vincent would have killed Butch[/quote] How? Butch had a machinegun.
[quote]Pulling the trigger straight after the toaster went off was just one of these “cool details”[/quote] Still seems weird.

From IL_Buono
[quote]I was holding a kitchen knife and was about to carve open a turkey when the toaster went off and I accidently killed my whole family.[/quote] LOL

----------------

Ok, maybe you’re right, but I and one friend who loved Pulp Fiction too, still think that was because the goddamn toaster went off.

[quote=“Bleach”]

[quote]because if he didn’t Vincent would have killed Butch[/quote]  How? Butch had a machinegun.

[/quote]

Yes, but if Butch didn’t kill Vincent, does it matter if he had a machine gun or not? because the fact of the matter is, Butch WOULD HAVE killed Vincent, there aint no two ways about it, Butch aint a pussy, and he didn’t like Vincent anyway “You lookin at something friend?” “I ain’t your friend Palooka!” “What did you just say?” “I think you heard me just fine Punchy”

Actually, where could Butch go to escape gangsters? Marcellus would find him, wherever he went to.

And I think Marcellus changed his thoughts about letting Butch go, when he found out about Vincent.