Hard Boiled (1992) Directed by John Woo

I think this is definitely one of the best action movies ever made? Anybody else agree?

I love the Hospital Shootout, it last for atleast thirty minutes. Chow Yun-Fat’s character Tequila is a classic John Woo character…as always he kicks some ass. There are a lot of great shootouts, but I’d have to say the Teahouse shoot out is my favorite, I love the way it ends 8)

The shoot-out is so cool. I like Hard Boiled better than the Killer I think. I haven’t seen that many Woo movies but thus far I think he’s a little overrated. I like Johnny To’s films more…

Meh… have you seen A Better Tomorrow? I think ABT and ABT II are better than Hard Boiled.

A Better Tomorrow is one of the best HK movies ever. ABT II is over-rated. It’s good but not great by any means. Leslie Cheung’s and Ti Lung’s scenes are great, but anything with Chow Yun Fat or Dean Shek sucks. Except the ending of course.

btw, Woo originally wanted to concentrate on Cheung and Lung, but Tsui Hark demanded screentime for Dean Shek

APOLOGIZE TO THE RICE, RIGHT NOW!

Yeah I know, he even disowned it, except for the mansion shoot out… But I loved it, overrated or not. I liked every scene, but I’ll have to admit I did like the Kit-Ho scenes better.

Actually it’s been a few years since I last saw it so maybe I’ll like the Chow parts more next time

I’ve seen a better tomorrow(and Hard-Boiled, the Killer and MI:II) and that was the movie I was especially dissapointed in. I don’t remember much now though so maybe I’ll have to see it again.

Actually I think I need to be bit more specific. A Better Tomorrow is

[quote=“Hung Fist”]
one of the best HK movies ever.
[/quote]

one of the best Movies ever

:wink:

but each to their own :slight_smile:

The Killer, Hard Boiled, Once a Thief & Face/off are my favorite Woo film’s.

[quote=“Hung Fist”]
one of the best Movies ever
[/quote]

Yeah 8)

I like all of his last Hong Kong films… I should be getting Last Hurrah for Chivalry sometime soon. I’ve heard that his earlier films aren’t that good, I’ll have to see.

Last Hurrah is a masterpiece. 4,5/5

Hand of Death is also a very good old school movie. 4/5

Yeah those are the two that I want to see the most.

[quote=“Hung Fist”]

Hand of Death is also a very good old school movie. 4/5
[/quote]

yea hand of death is really good. a solid jackie chan film before he came here to the USA and his career in my opinion went to shit.

[quote=“Hung Fist”]
[/quote]

Wow…I just watched it and wasn’t expecting much…

DAMN FUCKING RIGHT it’s a masterpiece!

Glad you liked it :slight_smile:

July 24, 2007

I was gonna buy the Criterion version until I found this was coming out a little while ago.

And that’s the best DVD cover for Hard Boiled that I’ve seen, usually they have CYF with the baby in his arm.

cant wait for this.

That is one kick ass cover, I have the one with the baby in his arms and it just looks cheesy. When I want my friends to watch it they think it just looks dumb

[quote=“Stuntman Mike”]
That is one kick ass cover, I have the one with the baby in his arms and it just looks cheesy. When I want my friends to watch it they think it just looks dumb
[/quote]

Too bad for them :wink:

I know, hehe. They are missing out!