The Quentin Tarantino Archives logo

Halloween II (2009)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1311067/

Holy freakin’ God! Anyone else excited about this? I’m a little dissapointed that Rob isn’t doing something NEW, but this will work for now.

I just hope this doesn’t suck.

I enjoyed his Halloween remake but I have no plans of seeing Zombie’s HalloweenII anytime soon.

[quote=“me”]
I enjoyed his Halloween remake but I have no plans of seeing Zombie’s HalloweenII anytime soon.
[/quote]

I wonder if that will be majority rule. It sounds like it may…

I liked the trailer, up until his wife appears out of nowhere. Apparently Zombie still came up with some bullshit story to include her in the sequel.

Didn’t like the first remake, I won’t like this one either - though I did enjoy Ken Foree’s performance as the trucker with the 70s look! I dug that, but he only had like 3 minutes of screen time! Remakes are assholes, but like always it will make 80 Million dollars while a pretty good film like The orphan makes about 50 million in a month. I hate this genre, it needs to be rebuild.

American horror is dead. Europe is where it’s at nowadays.

The first one sucked and this one will suck too.

[quote=“Scarface”]
[/quote]

I really like the 70s/80s type like some Giallo and zombie films. I also like the Vincent Price movies from the 50s/60s - the Roger Corman ones from Edgar Allen Poe. And the ones Bob Aldrich did with Henry Farrell, the thriller/suspense like Baby Jane and Hush, Hush - those have never been matched before.

Halloween was always stupid and bad, the original AND the remake. The original is about some lame-ass stalker. BOOOORING!

[quote=“Scarface”]
[/quote]

Besides “Let the right one in”, what was there that escaped me?

[quote=“Col. Crazy Kenneth”]
Halloween was always stupid and bad, the original AND the remake. The original is about some lame-ass stalker. BOOOORING!
[/quote]

Halloween 1978 is one of my Top 10 movies of all time…I’m so glad my taste is the exact opposite to yours. Still can’t believe we have 2 the same movies both in our favourites list though [Dogs and Pulp]. Wait, isn’t the original TMNT live action in your tops too? That also then, ahah.

yeah we could go into some cool and long discussions if we ever meet. Film tase-wise you remind me of one of my film school friends.

Halloween the original, while not Carpenter’s best, is still a pretty awesome film.

[quote=“Col. Crazy Kenneth”]

Besides “Let the right one in”, what was there that escaped me?
[/quote]

Ever watched “[Rec]” or “A L’Interieur?” They’re both awesome, and that’s only 2 examples.

[quote=“Scarface”]
[/quote]

True, but once every blue moon, an film maker comes out of the woods and makes pretty decent horror film. I’ll be here waiting.

Im getting fed up with Rob Zombie making us fucking wait for this movie. It will probably be shit just like the last one.

[quote=“Scarface”]
Ever watched “[Rec]” or “A L’Interieur?” They’re both awesome, and that’s only 2 examples.
[/quote]

yeah ive seen rec, i hated every second of it. shakey cam riddled bullshit. only plus was the hot blonde chick.

[Rec] ripped off The Blair Witch Project.

Hey, as long as Sid Haig is in this, I’m game.

I’d like to see Rob Zombie do something original again. The Devil’s Rejects was the shit. I’ve got a feeling it’s the best we’ll see out of him though.

[quote=“Dex”]I’d like to see Rob Zombie do something original again. The Devil’s Rejects was the shit. I’ve got a feeling it’s the best we’ll see out of him though.[/quote]

He is working on next, a movie called "Tyrannosaurus Rex".

[img]http://www.totalskull.com/myspace/trex/trex_art.jpg[/img]