The Quentin Tarantino Archives logo

Grindhouse's run time

I saw a trailer for Grindhouse that played before a showing of “300” on Fri. March 16th. The trailer’s narrator said that Grindhouse would be 2 and a 1/2 hours long.

Where else should I post this info.? (be very specific)

m_burlock

Old news!

I still believe it’s gonna be far longer. Quentins Script will at least take 100 minutes (with big big shortenings), Roberts will take 80 minutes. 150 minutes? No way.

Maybe there will be more on dvd! I surely hope so anyway.

It’s 90 for QT 80 for RR I thought. And let’s say 20 minutes for the four trailers and advertisements… Thats 190 minutes…

I think thats right. QTs is 90. RRs is 80 and the trailers in the middle will be about 15-20 minutes (maybe 5 minutes each). Itll be about 180-190 minutes in all Id say. Dont forget the 2 1/2 hours is for the features only, thats not counting the trailers.

80 + 90 = 170

170 =/= 150

:smiley:

If Death Proof will take about 90 minutes, severeal scenes from the script will be cut out. The whole Script will take ~120minutes

I dont even care how long it is, all I know is that once Im in there IM NOT LEAVING!! :slight_smile:

[quote=“PopeyePete”]
I dont even care how long it is, all I know is that once Im in there IM NOT LEAVING!! :slight_smile:
[/quote]
What if…you get a tall drink and really have to use the restroom? :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

Im not going to drink anything if I can help it.

IM betting both films will hit around the 70 minute mark with QT’s being a tad longer. Im also willing to bet the trailers are being included in the run time since they are part of Grindhouse, duh.

I bet 90 min. Same length as Kill Bill Vol 1.

Total Film has the amount, I’ll post what it is later.

[quote=“PopeyePete”]
Dont forget the 2 1/2 hours is for the features only, thats not counting the trailers.
[/quote]

I doubt that. Wait, do you mean the fake trailers or the trailers trailers that'll come BEFORE Grindhouse?

Well I meant the ones before the first film. I heard a few fake trailers were going to play before Planet Terror, then a few more before Death Proof.

I think itll be like this:

Fake Trailers (5 min)

PT (80 min)

Fake Trailers (5 min)

DP (90 min)

Halloween’s trailer is gonna be shown at Grindhouse so…

Wasn’t there something that the normal trailers were gonna blend in with the fake-trailers so that you were like: “Wow wtf, it already started and I didn’t even notice it…”

Confirmed; PT: 80

DP: 90

Thank ya very much (bows) :wink:

R.R. said in the Planet Terror issue of Fangoria mag that both Planet Terror and Death Proof will be longer on DVD…