Good, bad & ugly restored dvd

hooray!

Just announced from the French division of MGM is the recently restored version of Sergio Leone’s The Good, the Bad and the Ugly. Featuring fourteen minutes of newly restored and redubbed footage, this 175 minute version represents the full Italian cut of the spaghetti western classic (four scenes were originally deleted for the international release and were never dubbed into English from Italian). The DVD will include a new 2.35:1 anamorphic transfer, along with newly remixed English and French Dolby Digital 5.1 audio tracks. Bonus materials include a making-of featurette, a look at the spaghetti western genre, a Civil War featurette, a Sergio Leone featurette, a restoration featurette, and four more bonuses yet to be announced. The Good, the Bad and the Ugly: Restored Special Edition will be released on April 6th 2004.

SWEEET!!

Hells Yea

'Bout time! Now lets see new versions of the rest of the Man With No Name trilogy!

I’ve seen the original Italian cut of this kickass movie. It had this really cool scene with Eastwood shooting one of Van Cleef’s henchmen during the middle of the night, and then he looks at the other 5 henchmen and says something like: “Six, the perfect number”. Then Van Cleef asks him “Isn’t three the perfect number?”, to which Eastwood replies, “Yeah, but my gun can hold six bullets”. It was totally cool. 8) I vaguely remember the other added scenes though.

Theres also some extra scenes with Tuco hooking up with his band of thugs and Lee Van Cleef meeting with some Union army guys. Also an extended carriage ride sequence with Tuco and Blondie.

Dubbed into English? I know GBU was filmed in Europe, but did Eastwood, Wallach, and Cleef speak in Italian and re-dub it?

[quote]Dubbed into English? I know GBU was filmed in Europe, but did Eastwood, Wallach, and Cleef speak in Italian and re-dub it?[/quote]

No it’s all in English. AMC aired this version earlier in the year and Eastwood & Wallach looped their voices for the scenes that were omitted from the U.S. version. Their voices (As one would expect) sound a bit off, but the guy that did Van Cleef’s voice did a convincing job.

good shit…i will mos def cop this…great movie all…one of my favs…already got it on vhs…but i need it on DVD since i dont have a vcr…lol

The Man With No Name-trilogy is also one of my all time favorites. I haven’t seen the restored version yet. However, I saw the added scenes dubbed in Italian as bonus material for the GBU UK DVD release. And I have to say that I’m not too anxious by those. To me they don’t bring more value to what is already a perfection. And the fact that the dubbing was done almost 35 years later has got to have altered their voices a bit.

Well, at least we get better sound and picture quality. Hell yeah…

(Hope the movie doesn’t include a club remix of Morricone’s “II Buono II Brutto II Cattivo” by Swell Session. It has been playing a lot in the radio. What a rape of a brilliant composition! >:(

i saw the good the bad and the ugly last weekend and it was pritty good i loved that tension at the end with all 3 of them in a circle in the grave yard that was great. the dvd i rented out have all those restored scenes as special features and the us trailer was on it as well but they stuffed it up. in the trailer it says the GOOD and it shows Blondie then it shows the ugly guy but they say the BAD and then it shows the bad guy and it says the UGLY. it was totaly stuffed up.

[quote]i in the trailer it says the GOOD and it shows Blondie then it shows the ugly guy but they say the BAD and then it shows the bad guy and it says the UGLY. it was totaly stuffed up.[/quote]

That’s probably because the US trailer is the exact same thing as the Italian trailer, except for added English narration. In Italy the movie is titled “Il Buono, il Brutto, il Cattivo”, which, translated literally would be “The Good, the Ugly, and the Bad”. They probably left it that way to complement the US title. That’s the only reason I can think of.

hell yeah, that’s one of my favorite trailers ever.

anybody know what the added scenes are going to be?

yeah i no

##########spoilers###########

ok there is a scene where the bad guy goes to a gray army base and asks where bill carson is

there is more of the scene in the desert

there is more scene of them GOOD and UGLY in the cart before they are taken to that jail

there is a scene at night after the desert part where UGLY asks where he can take GOOD to get healed

there is a scene with GOOD and BAD and he shoots one of BAD’s guys and then he goes GOOD: 1,2,3,4,5,6 6 the perfect number BAD: i thought 3 was the perfect number GOOD: but i have 6 bullets in my gun

there is also more of the planting booms under the bridge

#############End spoilers##########

i might of missed some but yeah thats what i no

the “remastered” soundtrack changes the classic spaghetti western gunshot sound effect, doesn’t it? at least, thats what I’ve heard.

I wished they could’ve announced this sooner, since I got the box set for X-Mas

[quote]I wished they could’ve announced this sooner, since I got the box set for X-Mas[/quote]

i also got the man with no name box set. wish i knew the dvds were double sided or else i would've waited a little bit more

Well, you did get A Fistful of Dollars and For a Few Dollars More also, so you can’t be totally disappointed.

i meant i would buy them separately.

the movies are good, but i hate double-sided discs because one side always gets scratched not matter how much care you take…

I may be mistaken, but aren’t the added scenes already on the American DVD of GBU?