Golden Globe noms

[quote=“greendestiny”]
LMAO…The only thing you got correct in that post is your comments about that annoying bastard Jim Rome…Goodness gracious that prick is friggin annoying. He does indeed beat the proverbial dead horse, buries it and digs it up again for another round of beating! He is indeed a twat and his producer would do well to inform him that he does not need to repeat the same joke over and over again.

But the difference between me and him is that my posts are part of a dialogue not a monologue (simply put my posts are mostly in response to some one else’s question or argument directed spedifically at me.)

One will simply advise you to do like i normally do when i run across Jim Rome’s stupid show while surfing the FM band in my car. I just flip over to AM for “THE HERD” on espn radio. You should do the same and avoid reading my posts especially being that they were not directed at you. Its a discussion between me and some one else…

I still dont understand why you and other lamers on this board, take time out of your precious schedule to read my comments, get upset (mostly because you cant stand the truth) and then turn around and whine like a little girl! This board has a multitude of topics, why the hell do you feel obligated to read mine?

If you dont like the topic then move on to the next one and simply ignore my posts…(But i guess that would actually require you to have a brain to figure that simple thing out for yourself)

[/quote]

Ha ha, admit it, you think Quentin Tarantino is a good director!

What kind of a fuckn loser spends all his/her time bashing something he doesn’t even care about??? Christ man you need a good slap across the face. Get laid or something - it’d be very hard for you to do but you can try !!!

[quote=“Seb Himself (admin)”]
I still dont understand why you take time out of your precious schedule to write comments like yours. this internet has a multitude of websites dealing with various topics, why the hell do you feel obligated to post your anti-kill bill crap in here?

If you dont like Kill Bill then move on the the next website and simply ignore this one. (But I guess that would actually require you to have a brain to figure that simple thing out for yourself)
[/quote]

Haha…wow, seb burned you to a crisp on that one. Having your own logic used against you, that’s gotta sting a bit, eh?

This forum is a place to share opinions, and you’ve made your opinion very well known…yes, that’s right, OPINION, not fact. you do back up your opinions up very well, and I respect you for that, but no matter how much you backup your opinion about, say, whether Kill Bill is art, it doesn’t turn into fact. Sorry. However, this forum is also a place for people who love Tarantinos films to come and find other people who love Tarantino’s films. We were here first…if you don’t like the discussions that happen here, then use your own advice: FLIP THE FUCKING STATION! I don’t think you’ll be missed…

And honestly, I can’t tell what the fuck you’re saying half the time anyway. “There is no defense for such stupidity outside of blaming one’s mal-formed personal opinion due to a basic lack of understanding of film.” Does it make you feel smart to phrase sentences like that? Put down the dictionary, it’s okay to talk like a normal person. And by the way, there you go calling everyone stupid who doesn’t agree with you. Go find another forum to talk about the Matrix or whatever the fuck films you enjoy. Let us talk about why we like kill bill if we want to, i’m pretty sure we don’t need your permission.

[quote=“CPS”]
So my recommondation was to ban you.

The admin said, he will give you a chance to grow up and learn to be a member of a communty. IMO this is useless.
[/quote]
Heres my inteliigent opinion, no wait, FACT(hehehehe)…

ban him, ban him, ban him, ban him, ban him, fucking ban him!!!

…thats all I have to say!

Getting back on TOPIC, David and Uma did not win their categories tonight. It was quite a disappointment. What does it take to get someone like David Carradine, whose caliber totally seems to go unnoticed. DAVID YOU DESERVE TO BE RECOGNIZED FOR YOUR WORK!!

Oh and Bill, I would not blame you if you "over react."

It was also great to see QT there as well

(@

AJCrane

Disappointing, but Uma looked beautiful

Golden Globes are a joke, just like the Oscars. David and Uma both deserved a Globe, but some assholes thought otherwise. Hollywood is sooo fucked up. Tarantino is one of the few interesting directors who should be treated like a god, but it doesn’t really happen. And the people are all stupid too, look how poorly both Kill Bill movies did at the box office.

who cares. i’d rather see Tarantino win awards with another movie. this one is just too geek-style cinema-hommage. maybe he’ll win with Inglorious Bastards or whatever

If Quentin wanted to do an Oscar movie, he could pull it off.

You know, most movies that win alot of Oscars, all that stuff is safe, geriatric, coffee table dog shit. All those assholes make are unwatchable movies from unreadable books. They aren’t plays, they’re not books, they certainly ain’t movies, they’re films. And do you know what films are? They’re for people who don’t like movies.Mad Max, that’s a movie. The Good, the Bad and the Ugly, that’s a movie. Rio Bravo, that’s a movie. And Coming Home in a Body Bag, that’s a fucking movie.

Clarence Worley, True Romance

QT wrote this thirteen years ago. He knew from the start what type of movies he wanted to make, and he could give a damn if some “coffee table dog shit film” would be given more credit by the Oscar snob community. Don’t expect anything from this year’s Academy Awards either.

Scarface I couldn’t agree more! Every year the Academy (or whoever decides these things) honors films that regurgitate popular themes in Hollywood: telling the story of a dramatic person/event, a coming of age tale about beating the odds, etc. Those films that are trying so hard to be meaningful you know that they’ve been written for the sole purpose of recieving some kind of award. Even though Taratino used Kill Bill to pay homage to his favorites at least he pulls together a unique story for Hollywood that doesn’t feel so contrived. Someone from Kill Bill should have been given an award last night.

Did anyone else notice that after Uma lost to Hillary Swank she and Andre Balazs (or however you spell his name) had gone? They panned in on Quentin and no one was sitting next to him.

[quote=“Ify”]
Ha ha, admit it, you think Quentin Tarantino is a good director!
[/quote]

What a great day in the history of Cinema

You are half right. I thought Tarantino did a great job on pulp fiction and deserved all the recognition and awards he got from it. My main issue is that it is ridiculous to pat this guy on the back every time he recycles Pulpfiction and spits out a remix then people pat him on the back regardless of what filth he produces. (Not to mention the the eventual revelations about Pulpfiction kind of tainted his image somewhat but not entirely.) Truth is, i now see tarantino as a shock jock

that is desperately in love with his own self and worse yet he totally lacks any creativeness and seems to be stuck in some mundane bloody obsession with violence that sees him stuck where he is. To me the true measure of a great film director is one who has tried and successfully made pictures in diverse genres. (Hitchcock for example or Clinteast Wood who is fast becoming one of my favorites)

In our constant debates i have made various arguments, from the excessive wanton violence, to totally misunderstood themes in movies,Uma Thurman’s bad martial arts etc all of which the people on this board have failed to intelligently counter.

It now appears that out of all the people on this board, i am among the few who seems to understand film and can make genuine arguments hence the accurate prediction that Kill bill would not win a single award even at the golden globes this year.

Some may want to (or already have)make all kinds of ridiculous claims about how hollywood is “fucked up” but the truth is that this year, the movies that won are some of the best movies made.

Films like Million dollar baby, Ray (havent yet seen aviator) are indeed that good and are way more artistic and have a far more entertainment value than Kill bill

Like it or not and scream or dream as you may, Kill bill is not that good a movie and is average at best. All the excuses you made about how it never won because it was too long (which is an out and out lie when you consider last years Lord of the rings) or the martial arts were good enough for a white girl (bad martial arts is bad martial arts regardless of your roots) and a barrage of other really lame musings on the numerous faults of kill bill just wont fly. (and it would be good to send Tarantion a note infoming him of this…He looked like he could have used a hug last night sitting all alone in a room full of people)

[quote=“Crazy_Hattori”]
If Quentin wanted to do an Oscar movie, he could pull it off.
[/quote]

yeah right!

[quote=“Crazy_Hattori”]
Golden Globes are a joke, just like the Oscars. David and Uma both deserved a Globe, but some assholes thought otherwise. Hollywood is sooo fucked up. Tarantino is one of the few interesting directors who should be treated like a god, but it doesn’t really happen. And the people are all stupid too, look how poorly both Kill Bill movies did at the box office.
[/quote]

LMAO... (that is really funny. I hope you were being sarcastic) Talk about unabashed bias! Yeah people must be all stupid to refuse to buy into kill bill.
You are right the whole world is mad. You are the only sane one. (isnt that what every lunatic in every asylum thinks of the world?)

I loved Kill Bill. It’s one of my favorite films. However, I don’t think any one acting performance stood out as award worthy. When all the actors combined, it worked very well. Probably a tribute to Quentin.

Greeny, wtf are you doing?

The board rules say strictly that you shouldn´t post in a row, when there is no reason for.

Like eyery other person on this board, you can quote several time in ONE post. This is SPAMING…

If you are not able to use the quotation tags, pm me and I will help you like every newbie.

Holy shit, will there be the day, when you post like every other member here?

[quote=“Scarface is on strike”]
You know, most movies that win alot of Oscars, all that stuff is safe, geriatric, coffee table dog shit. All those assholes make are unwatchable movies from unreadable books. They aren’t plays, they’re not books, they certainly ain’t movies, they’re films. And do you know what films are? They’re for people who don’t like movies.Mad Max, that’s a movie. The Good, the Bad and the Ugly, that’s a movie. Rio Bravo, that’s a movie. And Coming Home in a Body Bag, that’s a fucking movie.

Clarence Worley, True Romance

QT wrote this thirteen years ago. He knew from the start what type of movies he wanted to make, and he could give a damn if some “coffee table dog shit film” would be given more credit by the Oscar snob community. Don’t expect anything from this year’s Academy Awards either.

[/quote]

Good post man seems like you are finally coming down to earth and beginning to understand the difference between action movies and dramas. (And actually that Clarence Worley quote is not a big revelation. Any one with half a brain knows that stuff. Thats why you never see Terminator fans or
Spiderman fans crying like babies when their favorite movie doesnt get nominated for an oscar)

Which begs the question, Why the hell was Tarantino even whining about the oscars if he fully understood that his movie is not a "coffee table dog shit film"?

Tell you what you should print that quote and mail it to QT asap so he has something to console him because Kill bill 2will not even be nominated for an award just like last year.

@ scarface

That passage sounds cool in TR, in real life it´s just overweening, elitist bullshit. Comments like that aren´t helping anyone, they´re just dividing people into different groups. Like when QT said “there are people in love with movies, and there are people in love with movies they like”. Nonsense.

[quote=“CPS”]
Greeny, wtf are you doing?

The board rules say strictly that you shouldn´t post in a row, when there is no reason for.

Like eyery other person on this board, you can quote several time in ONE post. This is SPAMING…

If you are not able to use the quotation tags, pm me and I will help you like every newbie.

Holy shit, will there be the day, when you post like every other member here?
[/quote]

I know what to do but my firewall is a freaking nightmare. I wouldnt have a problem is the “edit post” function was enabled

[quote=“greendestiny”]
I know what to do but my firewall is a freaking nightmare. I wouldnt have a problem is the “edit post” function was enabled
[/quote]

Firewall?

When you are writing a post, scroll down.
You can read every post is made in the topic. Then you see on the left site the words INSERT QUOTE. All you have to do is click on it.
1 - 3 seconds later the quote is in the post you write....

This has nothing to do with firewalls or such.
You need no quote tags or have to edit something.

To make sure that a post is like you want, click on preview.