Golden Globe noms

[quote=“greendestiny”]
That is the norm on this board, blind illogical pretentiousness desperately parading around as reasoned, thoughtful opinion!
[/quote]

the norm on this board - if there is any - is the HOPE that art wins over mainstream someday.

and we all know how YOU judge films anyhow…

dont start trouble again

[quote=“greendestiny”]
Dude remember that this board is has its fair majority of immature imbeciles who typically apply no logic

or have absolutely little

or no understanding of modern film whatsoever

blind illogical pretentiousness desperately parading around as reasoned,
[/quote]

First if this is right, why are you here?
Second according to the board rules insults are not allowed. And with this words you insult the majority of this board.

Please learn how to act in a social group.....

[quote=“Tarantino Forum Admin”]

and we all know how YOU judge films anyhow…

dont start trouble again
[/quote]

You??? You of all people have the audacity to question my judgement of film? After that embarrasing post you made about Akira Kurosawa that exposed you for the total pretentious fraud that goes around dropping names trying to convince others that you actually know what you are talking about? We can only come to two conclusions from those reprehensible posts you made about Kurosawa and those are

A- )You have never seen any kurosawa movie and there you fall into that category of pretentious individuals who are out to impress the masses with knowledge they dont even possess. OR

b) You actually saw the movie but lack the capability to understand even the simplest film contexts hence your terribly ignorant posts on kurosawa

either way, you have no ground to even begin critiziing my judgement of film after you yourself proved that you lack even the basic mental fortitude to understand film before you can even make the bigger step of judging.

[quote ]
the norm on this board - if there is any - is the HOPE that art wins over mainstream someday.

dont start trouble again
[quote][/quote]

My contention is that Chalize Theron in monster is so much better than Uma Thurman in kill bill, your response is that bland statement about your appreciation of art over mainstream cinema???

Lets review these two movies and try to decipher the genesis of such unintelligent and totally absurd claims only a four year old would make.

Monster: Made for a mere 5 million dollars by New market films,released in about 600 total theatres was directed by Patty Jenkins and was also produced by Chalize Theron,
It was named Best First Feature by the 2004 Independent Spirit Awards, was selected as one of the 10 best films by AFI AWARDS 2003, and even that fag Roger Ebert named "Monster" the best film of the year. Theron received a Golden Globe, an Independent Spirit Award and the Oscar for Best Actress.

Kill bill on the other hand was made for 70 million dollars by a major studio miramax,(that stinks of mainstream movie)It was released in a whopping 3000 theatres (talk about monopolizing the market another staple of mainstream movies) directed by QT who made numerous appearances on tv shamelesly pimping this movie (in one instance even turning up drunk
on a late night show totally embarrasing himself) or on other occasions pulling cheap stunts on Jimmy kimmel show apparently taking out entire audiences for free to see the movie (yet more characteristics of shameless promotion of main stream movies) And so much for letting your work speak for itself.
kill bill DID NOT even get nominated for the Screen actors guild awards, or academy awards, it did not win any significant award worth even contrasting to those numerous ones Monster won (dont bother looking Monster puts kill bill to shame in this category) But kill bill did Sweep the MTV movie awards home of the microwave generation who dont even know diddley squat about kurosawa and just follow the flavour of the month..Yes Uma Thurman was well recognized at these awards along with more i cant even begin to name!

And you actually have the balls to actually try to convince the world that kill bill is not some mainstream movie! yeah right buddy keep on with the horse shit there are plenty of folks here who will eat it up with cream and a cherry on top.

Ps..Save me those pathetic speeches about how winning an oscar doesnt mean shit, because Monster won an Oscar and a whole lot of other very reputable awards that cement the fact that several people apart from me understand and appreciate a truly artistic movie instead of buying into average movies that even managed to gain the largest critical acclaim that year!

[quote=“greendestiny”]
b) You actually saw the movie but lack the capability to understand even the simplest film contexts hence your terribly ignorant posts on kurosawa
[/quote]
am I missing something? you dont even know me

[quote]
yeah right buddy keep on with the horse shit there are plenty of folks here who will eat it up with cream and a cherry on top.
[/quote]

I am not your buddy

you can tell me what you want. just answer me one simple question: WHAT IS ITYOU WANT??? you blather and blather but where is the point you’re aiming at? you will not convince me that Kill Bill is a bad movie. And you will not convince all the others, BECAUSE WE ARE HERE BECAUSE WE LIKE KILL BILL, so what’s your basic problem with it?

i think you’re just here because you wanna start trouble

am I missing something?
[/quote]

Yes you definately are missing something, those posts you made about Akira Kurosawa that you deleted after you were exposed.

[quote]
you can tell me what you want. just answer me one simple question: WHAT IS ITYOU WANT???
[/quote]

Actually its you who has to figure out what your problem is. My post was not directed at you. It was meant of

Joseph. It is a discussion between Joseph and I. You chose to post your retort to my comment DIRECTED at JOSEPH and not you and now you are complaining that i “blather”… (Which begs the question, why do you specifically seek out all my posts to add your two cents? I sure as hell dont go seeking out your posts and start posting worthless crap after you post?) There are plenty of threads on this board, why do you always make it a point to seek out mine?

He needs to tell us what he likes from Quentin Tarantino and why.

he needs to tell us why he is here. he knows that he wont convince anyone in here and he knows hat we know that he knows that. he just wastes his time repeating himself all over again.

Suggestion:

If you have comments directed at a certain person, please type in the person’s name or nickname so everyone will know that the comments are not directed at everyone else. That way there is no confusion, or email that person privately. When you don’t include a person’s name, and comments are made, it can be misunderstood as being directed at the whole group, unless that really is your objective. Including the person’s name makes it clear that the post is directed at that person only.

(@

AJCrane

[quote=“AJCrane”]
Suggestion:

If you have comments directed at a certain person, please type in the person’s name or nickname so everyone will know that the comments are not directed at everyone else. That way there is no confusion, or email that person privately. When you don’t include a person’s name, and comments are made, it can be misunderstood as being directed at the whole group, unless that really is your objective. Including the person’s name makes it clear that the post is directed at that person only.

(@

AJCrane
[/quote]

If that was meant for me then i will remind you that the folks i was referring to full know who exactly they are. I rarely have ambiguous opinions on any subject on this board and i dont see how one can be offended by anything i said especially if they know that they have never posted exceptionally dumb statements that they couldnt back up! I dont like rubbing salt in old wounds and would prefer not to raise those embarrasing subjects but the usual culprits who fall over each other to say the first dumb thing that comes to mind simply to oppose my opinions know themselves and i need not name any one!

Uma and Dave deserve those awards. I’m not just saying this because I love Kill Bill. I say this because I’ve watched each of the movies quite a few times for the noms that they’re up against, and they may have hard competition, but they deserve those awards. At least in the Golden Globes. They acted so beautifully that if you watch it a few times, you actually believe that they are the characters. They become their characters, they feel as their characters, you can see this clearly. Ive watched Kill Bill Vol. 2 numerous times, and have not found one flaw in their acting, either in overacting, or where the fact that they were acting was apparent. They truly deserve these awards, they didn’t just act as their characters, they were their characters. And that is the true goal for an actor or actress. Acting is not acting in a sense, its becoming your character.

Calm down greendestiny! Stick to the topic! geez!

Anyway, back to the topic, I REALLY hope at least one of them win something, They gave some of the best performances of their careers!

[quote=“toyko71”]
Uma and Dave deserve those awards. I’m not just saying this because I love Kill Bill. I say this because I’ve watched each of the movies quite a few times for the noms that they’re up against, and they may have hard competition, but they deserve those awards. At least in the Golden Globes. They acted so beautifully that if you watch it a few times, you actually believe that they are the characters. They become their characters, they feel as their characters, you can see this clearly. Ive watched Kill Bill Vol. 2 numerous times, and have not found one flaw in their acting, either in overacting, or where the fact that they were acting was apparent. They truly deserve these awards, they didn’t just act as their characters, they were their characters. And that is the true goal for an actor or actress. Acting is not acting in a sense, its becoming your character.
[/quote]

Your comments have a certain ring of honesty to them. It sounds like you genuinely believe what you posted about kill bill. And i wll not contest your opinion because it is mostly devoid of the cliched lines that most people on this board have used to describe kill billl. It sounds to me like a deeply personal opinion of kill bill and unlike other folks on this board one can tell you do indeed like enjoy the movie and can honestly describe your opinion of the movie without assitance of borrowed material that other folks on this board have used yet cant even elaborate on when tasked to explain their opinion..

But if we go by each indvidual's opinion then technically there would be no bad movie ever made.
I am not a huge supporter or the Golden globes (find story about how Sharon Stone paid for an award from these people) but i will venture to say that this year, even with those questionable nominations kill bill got, they will not make a mistake and actually announce kill bill as a winner.
The nominations are mostly placed as a nod to Quentin Tarantino and are mostly for show.
kill bill has no realistic chance to win a golden globe award

[quote=“greendestiny”]

The nominations are mostly placed as a nod to Quentin Tarantino and are mostly for show.

kill bill has no realistic chance to win a golden globe award

[/quote]

Well greendestiny…i gotta say i’ve been following your debates for a while on here and have been pretty fascinated at your one man army of opinion. but i’ve found your last posts to be pretty patronizing and arrogant, and that pissses me off a bit.

you say uma and david won’t win golden globes…you’re right, they probably won’t. In fact, Tarantino pretty much said this himself. In splitting up the films, he knew he was taking away any award chances Uma might have had. Instead of seeing her whole performance, we see it in halves. If it had been released as one movie, maybe it’d be a different story, but noone could say for sure because who knows what might have been edited out.

The fact of the matter is, this isn’t a movie made to win awards, another thing Tarantino has said himself. It’s an exploitation film. Maybe you call that a cliche statement; i call it the truth. I’m not sure if you’re trying to define the movie’s “greatness” by showing how many awards it wins (or doesn’t), but don’t. If people want to come on here and hope that Kill Bill wins awards, let them. This is a Kill Bill forum. People should be able to do that without someone telling them how stupid they are.

And by the way, I prefer to think of Kill Bill’s wide release as a way of bringing art to the mainstream. There are many kinds of art, and I don’t think that showing how expensive something costs or how many people saw it should detract from its “artfulness”.

I look forward to your reply, which i’m sure will use many big words to show your intelligence.

[quote ]
Well greendestiny…i gotta say i’ve been following your debates for a while on here and have been pretty fascinated at your one man army of opinion.
[quote ]

That should read one man army of FACT based opinion because i do back 90% of my shit with some

good facts and details. Something most posters on this board could do well to learn.

[quote]
you say uma and david won’t win golden globes…you’re right, they probably won’t. In fact, Tarantino pretty much said this himself. In splitting up the films, he knew he was taking away any award chances Uma might have had. Instead of seeing her whole performance, we see it in halves. If it had been released as one movie, maybe it’d be a different story, but noone could say for sure because who knows what might have been edited out. [/quote][/quote][/quote]

Good Luck you guys!!

he needs to tell us why he is here. he knows that he wont convince anyone in here and he knows hat we know that he knows that. he just wastes his time repeating himself all over again.
[/quote]

Why haven’t you banned this fool yet? He’s a troll who’s only purpose here is to insult others in a worthless effort to make himself feel superior. He doesn’t like Kill Bill. He doesn’t like Tarantino. That opinion has been established. We got it already, MOVE ON! He kinda reminds me of Jim Rome (radio sports host) who keeps repeating himself over and over again on a particular topic, turning what should be a 5 min segment into a 15 min one. Rome beats that dead horse so much you end saying to yourself “Damn man we got your point 10 minutes ago, move on to the next topic”.

[quote=“BlazeAlpha”]
Why haven’t you banned this fool yet? He’s a troll who’s only purpose here is to insult others in a worthless effort to make himself feel superior. He doesn’t like Kill Bill. He doesn’t like Tarantino. That opinion has been established. We got it already, MOVE ON! He kinda reminds me of Jim Rome (radio sports host) who keeps repeating himself over and over again on a particular topic, turning what should be a 5 min segment into a 15 min one. Rome beats that dead horse so much you end saying to yourself “Damn man we got your point 10 minutes ago, move on to the next topic”. ÂÂ
[/quote]

LMAO…The only thing you got correct in that post is your comments about that annoying bastard Jim Rome…Goodness gracious that prick is friggin annoying. He does indeed beat the proverbial dead horse, buries it and digs it up again for another round of beating! He is indeed a twat and his producer would do well to inform him that he does not need to repeat the same joke over and over again.

But the difference between me and him is that my posts are part of a dialogue not a monologue (simply put my posts are mostly in response to some one else’s question or argument directed spedifically at me.)

One will simply advise you to do like i normally do when i run across Jim Rome’s stupid show while surfing the FM band in my car. I just flip over to AM for “THE HERD” on espn radio. You should do the same and avoid reading my posts especially being that they were not directed at you. Its a discussion between me and some one else…

I still dont understand why you and other lamers on this board, take time out of your precious schedule to read my comments, get upset (mostly because you cant stand the truth) and then turn around and whine like a little girl! This board has a multitude of topics, why the hell do you feel obligated to read mine?

If you dont like the topic then move on to the next one and simply ignore my posts…(But i guess that would actually require you to have a brain to figure that simple thing out for yourself)

[quote=“greendestiny”]
I still dont understand why you and other lamers on this board, take time out of your precious schedule to read my comments, get upset (mostly because you cant stand the truth) and then turn around and whine like a little girl! This board has a multitude of topics, why the hell do you feel obligated to read mine?

If you dont like the topic then move on to the next one and simply ignore my posts…(But i guess that would actually require you to have a brain to figure that simple thing out for yourself)
[/quote]

I still dont understand why you take time out of your precious schedule to write comments like yours. this internet has a multitude of websites dealing with various topics, why the hell do you feel obligated to post your anti-kill bill crap in here?

If you dont like Kill Bill then move on the the next website and simply ignore this one. (But I guess that would actually require you to have a brain to figure that simple thing out for yourself)

[quote=“greendestiny”]
But the difference between me and him is that my posts are part of a dialogue not a monologue (simply put my posts are mostly in response to some one else’s question or argument directed spedifically at me.)

One will simply advise you to do like i normally do when i run across Jim Rome’s stupid show while surfing the FM band in my car. I just flip over to AM for “THE HERD” on espn radio. You should do the same and avoid reading my posts especially being that they were not directed at you. Its a discussion between me and some one else…
[/quote]

First off, I read your posts, cuz I have to. As a mod, I try to read the posts ro make sure that noone fucks around with the board rules. My recommondation to your posts is: AVOID to read

You are no part of a dialog, I´m pretty sure that you do not know what it is. You do not show any respect to other people here. .
I don´t speak about your feelings of KB. If you don´t like it, hay to each his own, baby.
BUT, you insulted other members here, you are aggressive and has no resoect to other people. And it seems that you hate this board.

So is there something you can give other user here? NO
So can we give you something - without this little feeling that you are the most intellegent person on the world? NO

So my recommondation was to ban you.
The admin said, he will give you a chance to grow up and learn to be a member of a communty. IMO this is useless.
But I hope that you will be smart enough to use the chance and will act like a member of this community ...