George Romero's Land of the Dead!

Yes the rumors are true. George A Romero is finally moving ahead with the 4th film in his “Living Dead” trilogy. The film has taking on many different shapes since talk about it nearly 20 years ago began. At this time last year it’s title was “Dead Reckoning”. It’s also had many other rumored names such as Twilight of the Living Dead and even simply Night of the Living Dead 4. Romero will begin shooting the film in October in either Canada or Pennsylvania. I hope he chooses PA over Canada for 2 reasons. First, the first three films were all filmed there and it would be nice to stay true to it. Secondly, I live in PA and am a HUGE zombie fan. If it is filmed here, i will go over and audition for a part as a zombie. A dream come true! LOL

AICN Exclusive: Capone chews it with George Romero in first extended interview regarding LAND OF...

:smiley:

wow im suprised more people werent interested in this. I almost had a heart attack when I read about this. It’s one thing to read a rumor, but to read an actual interview from George A Romero not only confirming the movie but giving us details, was just amazing. I have been waiting for this movie for 10 years now, when I first fell in love with Dawn.

People around here are more interested in Hackyaman and George Luca$$. But Romero is the fuckin man, can’t wait for this movie. Even if the ending to Day of the Dead managed to close the whole trilogy nicely IMO.

I already knew it. Hence the non-excitement. But you should definately go become a zombie if he films in PA, B_Rocka. That would be über-cool. ;D

Yeah, it seemed pretty obvious this would happen, particularly after the success of 28 Days Later and the Dawn of the Dead remake. Executives are certainly ready to milk this trend out for all its worth. I’m just surprised I didn’t hear about it sooner.

i actually thought that George Romero was dead  :-[ OOPS.

did anyone see what this is supposedly about:
[quote]The living dead have overtaken humanity. The last remnants of the human race live inside a walled city as they come to grips with the situation. The wealthy live in sealed skyscrapers as the poor fend for themselves on the streets. Protecting them is an enormous tank called Dead Reckoning, controlled by a group of people led by Riley. But when Riley loses command of the tank to an insane man bent on destroying the city, he must save it from Dead Reckoning as those who walk beyond the walls of the city slowly develop new abilites and become a much greater threat to humankind.[/quote]

sounds fun. and if it’s filmed in Pennsylvania, i’ll try to audition for a part as a zombie too!  :smiley:

[quote]
sounds fun. and if it’s filmed in Pennsylvania, i’ll try to audition for a part as a zombie too!  :smiley:[/quote]

HAHA. SEE YOU THERE MAN! ;D

[quote]yeah i heard that story too, bout living in the walls and the zombies are on the outside, but i saw a preview for resident evil 2 and its like the same thing.  so i dunno if theyre gonna stick with that[/quote]

Resident Evil 2 is nothing like Land of the Dead. RE2 is merely a group of survivors trying to escape from Raccon City. It’s a mixture a the RE2 and RE3 games. The main baddie in this one is none other then Nemesis. Land of the Dead is based upon the city of Pittsburg has been enclosed by walls to keep the zombies on the outside. The rich people all live in a certain area with all kinds of luxuries and dont have to do shit. The story revoles around a group of people who have to leave the city every now and then to go out and get supplies. Since they cant make prodcuts anymore, they have to journey out into the old world. They have this sick ass vechile known as Dead Reckoning, the original title of the film, which had to be changed due to another movie already made under the same name. Thus the new title Land of the Dead. So this movie is about coping with the fall of normal civilization, and man trying to deal with it. They have come to realize that they will never be able to solve the problem. So the rich people just ignore it, while little groups have to go out.

I found a release date on Romero’s website

Ooctober 21, 2005

I liked the first two films but the last one turned me off. Hopefully he will tone the gore down a little. I wonder if the zombies are goin to be old school idiots or if they will run like maniacs like the newer films. I glad he didn’t direct Resident evil. It might have ruined his chances of making his own films.

nah, Romero will stay true to the old school sluggish bastards.

[quote=“WeaselCo”]
I liked the first two films but the last one turned me off. Hopefully he will tone the gore down a little. I wonder if the zombies are goin to be old school idiots or if they will run like maniacs like the newer films. I glad he didn’t direct Resident evil. It might have ruined his chances of making his own films.
[/quote]

I really liked the third one. Just because it was so different from the first two. It was really dark and sinister. You can tell that man had lost all hope and was falling apart. Best looking zombies ever.

man land of the dead will be so awsome!well be seing tom savini again :smiley:

It’s hard to find quality zombie movies these days. 28 days was well done beyond that, the remake of Romero’s Dawn of the Dead is the only thing that has come close to good. In my book.

This should be a treat. I’m probably missing a few, I’m sure I’ll be corrected. :wink:

sorry for kicking a dead horse but I just gotta hype this movie up cuz Im a big Romero freak.

Tagline: (KILL BILL THEME COMES ON) IN THE YEAR 2005…ZOMBIES WILL KILL HUAMANS…AND EAT THEM.

Does anybody have a link to the full screenplay of this movie?

couldnt find the full screenplay for it but heres an excerpt.

<LINK_TEXT text=“MoviesOnline … -1841.html”>MoviesOnline</LINK_TEXT>

Thanks 8)

I’ve finally managed to track down the whole script:

http://lotd.0catch.com/landofthedead.html

:smiley: :smiley: