The Quentin Tarantino Archives logo

Federico Fellini Films

Hello again! What are your favorite Fellini Films?

never seen Fellini but heard a lot about him? what’s he like? is he talented?

I want to get into Fellini but I have no clue where to find any of his films. I have 8 1/2 on criterion but I have never watched it. I’ll watch it sometime.

He was one of the groundbreaking directors from Europe in the 30’s and 40’s…

[quote]He was one of the groundbreaking directors from Europe in the 30’s and 40’s…[/quote]

ground-breaking? that sounds pretty innovative. what were some of his films? I might have heard of them or maybe even seen one of them and not realized it was a Fellini.

Satyricon owns 'em all

[quote]Satyricon owns 'em all

[/quote]

wholly fucktards what the hell is that?

Brutality Dog, shut up.

[quote]Brutality Dog, shut up.[/quote]

sorry. It's a habit of mine to think outloud. I knew I'd porbably get negative feedback from you though, since you always try to find what I've done wrong.

I have not seen all of his films. 8 1/2 is great…NIGHTS OF CABIRIA is excellent. I want to check out LA STRADA…it is supposed to be his greatest film. AMARCORD is supposed to be great also.

8 1/2 is all I could find from him, and its real good.

Does this mean, that I´m the only one :frowning: here, who saw La Strada?

Question is Fellini not very famous in the USA? Here in Germany the most people I know saw some of his movies.

I have to say, I’ve never got into Fellini’s flicks. I tried to watch 8 1/2 and totally didn’t ‘get’ it, so only spent like an hour on it before getting incredibly bored and leaving. I actually sat through La Dolce Vita (hope I’m spelling that right) all the way through, but didn’t get much out of it. I loved the way the film ended, but I hated the characters throughout it. I don’t know, just not my scene I don’t think. Although here lately I’ve been growing increasingly interested in Andrei Tarkovsky (hope I spelled that right).

[quote]Question is Fellini not very famous in the USA? Here in Germany the most people I know saw some of his movies.[/quote]
Depends on who you go to. If you’re hanging with the art-house crowd, then probably yes, if you’re hanging with John Q. Public, no ;D At least, that’s the way it is around my area. Although I believe I saw a bit of 8 1/2 playing in a bank commercial or something a while back. Go figure.

[quote=“CPS”]
Does this mean, that I´m the only one  :frowning:  here, who saw La Strada?[/quote]

No you’re not. It’s a very beautiful film, a wonderful and yet sad story. The first subtitled film I ever saw. It appeared on BBC2.

i saw la strada, 8 1/2 and amarcord from him, i think.

but i think i have to watch his movies more than one time to get them and like them

first when i saw 8 1/2 i didnt get it

but then i thought about and liked it in my head, then i watched it again and loved it!

Remind me to put La Strada on my request list.

I’ve watched Amarcord and Nights of Cabiria recently. Both are good, but I liked Nights better.

[quote=“brutality dog”]
[quote]Satyricon owns 'em all

[/quote]

wholly fucktards what the hell is that? [/quote]

the movie is even more fucked up than the picture-its about these two students encolbius and ascytus and the verious conflicts and differences in personality they have in a time were homosexuality is normal and greek knowledge and culture is flourishing to the point that peoples strange practises get wierder and wierder-its a comidianised version of the greek play “petronimos”.

anyway my favourite and first fellini film is roma-its ordinary and fantastically made.

I’ve only seen 8 1/2 by him. For me that film was more like a Godard film. It moved kind of slow and it was kind of hard to find the plot. But I still thought that that movie had some great imgages- especially the fisrt scene where the guy’s foot is tied to a rope and he is flowing in the air and is being pulled like a kite. For me that scene has a lot of symbolism to it because it shows how people are pushed around and told where to go when it comes to show buisness.

La dolce vita was waaaaay too long!!! He was takin crazy pills.

I moved the questions about Goddard to a new created topic, just see here:

http://www.tarantino.info/forum/index.php?topic=2721.0