Fdtd

Yep, Brenda Hillhouse did play Butchs mom too.

The first part of FDTD is awesome. I don’t like the second part that much, maybe because of the bad special effects and I hate that terrible rat or whatever it’s supposed to be. But I like the fact how the Gecko brothers and the family stick together as soon the vampires appear, although their relationship was anything else but friendly. But some killers or kidnappers are still better than some vampires :slight_smile:

Does anybody else think that the vampires in FDTD look a lot like the orcs in Lord Of The Rings?

[quote]This movie is really fun to watch. And to see it with the commentaries of Quentin and Robert is really cool. You learn alot more about the movie. Like El Ray comes from THE GETAWAY book. And just interesting facts that makes the movie even more fun to watch.[/quote]

The audio commentary by Qt and Robert is top-notch. Everyone should get the 2-disc set; it’s worth every penny. I laughed my ass off in particular during the commentary when Scott is being eaten up by a bunch of vampires and QT goes like “This scene took more balls to make than for Spielberg to do the entire “Schlinder’s list!”” lol.

[quote]Does anybody else think that the vampires in FDTD look a lot like the orcs in Lord Of The Rings? [/quote]

You know, now that you mention it. They kinda do.

too bad that DVD is non-anamorphic, there will be a re-release soon I think

it thought it was horrible.

it would have been a lot cooler if they split it up into two completely different movies-- one following the heists/murders/hostage takings of the gecko bros., and one that has nothing to do with the bros. that’s solely vampires and vampire hunting.

don’t get me wrong though. up to the part at the bar when salma hayek goes dracula, the movie had a great storyline with great dialogue, and the opening (minus the shitty transparent trunk shot) was really cool. its too bad that the vampires ruined it.

no dude, I think THAT is not the problem.

The gangster turns into vampire movie is great.

what bothers ME, is the way they showed vampires. The horrible FX and the overly-used morphing and the more zombie than vampire makeup… and the FUCKING GREEN BLOOD! Would be much cooler to show Vampires more vampire-esque, kinda like in Blade or something.

[quote]

what bothers ME, is the way they showed vampires. The horrible FX and the overly-used morphing and the more zombie than vampire makeup… and the  FUCKING GREEN BLOOD! Would be much cooler to show Vampires more vampire-esque, kinda like in Blade or something.[/quote]

On the commentary, Tarantino states that they used green blood because of the censors; because, as he put it, censors always seem to have a problem with red colour. If they used red blood, be assured that many scenes would then have to be cut, at least for the rated version.

[quote]

On the commentary, Tarantino states that they used green blood because of the censors; because, as he put it, censors always seem to have a problem with red colour. If they used red blood, be assured that many scenes would then have to be cut, at least for the rated version.
[/quote]

Which relates perfectly to Kill Bill. In the film, QT changes the color of the film to black and white during the most violent and bloody sequence in the House of Blue Leaves. My bet is you wont see as much blood in the rest of the film because of the censors either.

Also, the Japanese version of the film might not even have the black n white sequence, it might stay in color.

I love that damn movie. The thing that makes it great is that it totally switches gears in the middle of the fucking movie. My girlfriend at the time had no idea about the plot of the film going in to see it and was totally freaked out when the Vampire shit started happening.

I think in the commentary QT mentions that they intended this movie for that unsuspecting audience. Maybe someone catches the movie on a late night showing years from now and are totally surprised by the switch.

[quote]too bad that DVD is non-anamorphic, there will be a re-release soon I think[/quote]

Yes, that pisses me off. It is the only dvd in my collection that is non-anamorphic. I bought a widescreen tv because I want to see as much as I can the way it is meant to be seen(aside from going to an actual theatre, but you know). I’d hate to have to buy the thing again, but I probably will.

What’s the aspect ratio supposed to be on that one, anyway? Is it Jackie Brown aspect or Pulp Fiction? I have a zoom feature on the TV that can kinda duplicate anamorphic, but poorly.

i was kinda expecting more from that film. i thought the beginning was really cool. i loved QT’s dialogue. when i saw the movie, no one told me what it was about, (and the title didn’t tell me much either) and by the second half of the movie, i was laughing at everything! like the horrible fx and the vampires. it was all too much.

[quote]no dude, I think THAT is not the problem.

The gangster turns into vampire movie is great.

what bothers ME, is the way they showed vampires. The horrible FX and the overly-used morphing and the more zombie than vampire makeup… and the  FUCKING GREEN BLOOD! Would be much cooler to show Vampires more vampire-esque, kinda like in Blade or something.[/quote]

yeah, i guess you’re right. it’s just that it started off so well, then the vampires really changed the film’s direction. they SHOULD have been different. the vamps reminded me too much of the evil, morphing aliens from the fifth element.

another thing i would have changed was richie (QT’s character). i thought the relationship between the two brothers was hilarious, and it was one of the movie’s stronger points. then he dies in the middle of it. i thought richie could’ve used a bit more character development, and could’ve died closer to the end of the movie. this way, the film would focus a little more on the conflict between the two bros.

i really love that damn movie!!! my only question about it is, why are there 2 different types of richie as a vampire??? there’s one with the very ugly face and then there’s the one with actually no difference to richie’s normal face, except for his teeth! so . . . why is that? ??? it cant be a mistake because it’s too obvious…

no, dude.

the “slightly normal” face is when he fights against it or tries to pretend normal, and the ugly face is when he totally lets go that vampire thing.

it’s like when being drunk: you can surpress it and look slightly normal, or you can totally let go and everybody will notice it

ok, thanx! that’s interesting…

but, how do you know?

Umm…

I always saw it as CLooney wants to kill the Vampire (ugly) but he is seeing the REAL Ritchie (normal only with fangs and red eyes)

Kinda like in movies where a bad character changes he/she’s appearance to try and get the character to remember, “Oh! He’s my brother! I can’t kill him!” "Or, she’s my wife! I love her!"

In Evil Dead a similar thing happens…where a Zombified chick locked up tries to get her boyfriend or something to unlock, so her appearance changes from ugly to beautifull.

I was just watching FDTD with the Rodriguez and Tarantino commentary (from where I last left it) and it’s great to hear the two of them, they get on so well and are so funny. One particular quote which I found so fuckin’ amusing was… infact I’m gonna write the whole bit and not just that particular quote:

Tarantino - "I’m telling you 100%, as prowd as I’ve been on anything I’ve ever done, allright, and as prowd as anything I’ll ever do is like the way we kill the people in this movie. And I gotta tell ya, allright, the fact that we killed… the fact that the father bites the kid in the neck, allright, that is like, that took more balls than Steven Spielberg to make Schindler’s List, allright.

QT than gets really hysterical and continues, "Just Look at this"

Robert Rodriguez - "That kid is getting munched"

QT - “They aren’t even trying to suck his blood, they’re eating him alive. they’re eating the child actor alive. You don’t see that everyday in the movies, allright. That doesn’t happen in Camp Nowhere, that doesn’t happen in The Cable Guy. They don’t eat the child alive in Twister, allright.” Then he gets even more hysterical and continues "In Jaws they don’t even eat children ok"

RR-"That’s so funny, he didn’t even get killed he got munched"

QT-"He got it worse than any of them, (puts on innocent girly voice) Please Kate… kill me, they’re eating me alive"

All the while Rodriguez is like laughing his ass off. This certain part was just so fuckin hilarious, it was great to hear that. Quentin comes up with the most brilliant fuckin shit.

QT does say “alright” alot doesnt he.

like 20 times in one sentence

my dvd doesnt have commentary on it, fuck that

type it all out