1)house of blue leaves
2)Vernita Green fight
1)house of blue leaves
the whole last 30 minutes of the film.
Definately the opening scene, and the fight/dialogue with Vernita. They’re both pure genious.
I can’t decide. Everything else is said above. This whole thing is so fucking great, it’s so beyond my expectations. An oasis in a desert of fucking bad movies that came out in the last years.
Noone really mentioned the Elle Driver scene in the hospital! I LOVED THAT SCENE!!! It’s my favourite in the movie. It’s awesome the fact just by the way Elle walks and whistles that she is a really nasty bitch. And the detail in this scene is fabulous. I mean that Elle’s coat has its lines drawn. Purely fabulous!!! Elle is also my favourite Deadly Viper. I think I’ll get really sad when Beatrix will do … whatever she will do to poor Elle!!!
So here goes my top 3:
3) When the Bride tears Bucks’ achilles tentons and turns his head into an omellete by banging his head on the door! I think that Bucks really deserved it! The bride spreading justice once again…
2) The fight with Vernita! AMAZING SCENE! It was also extremely funny too! Especially when Vernita heats Bride’s head with the crowbar and then smashing a whole glass library on her! I was the only one in the cinema who was laughing in this scene! ;D
- Elle Driver in the hospital!!! For all the reasons explained above!
Still to mention that the sound of this film alone is fucking awesome! Not just the soundtrack but the whole editing. It’s so dynamic and crystal clear. Pure coolness! I can’t wait to hear that on my sound system (which is not the worst, hehe…).
[quote]Nobody even mentions the Bride/Vernita fight, the first time we see the Shaw Brothers Zoom to the Bride’s eyes, that’s the best.[/quote]
3. Bride vs. O-Ren
2. House of Blue Leaves
- Bride vs. Vernita
1. Bang Bang Bill Shot Me in the Head (One of the coolest, stylish introduction I had ever seen in a movie!!!)
2. Bride Vs. Vernita (Although its very short, I thought it was an awesome scene. Vernita is vicious, I loved the part when she pushes the glass shelf and it breaks all over the Bride. And she handles the butcher knife very well. And…well I love everything from the door bell ring to the kaboom cereal)
3. Anime Sequence (very nice, stylized fluid animation!!! I love that they did it mostly all frames…imagined all that drawing it took!!!)
4. Bride & Sofie’s left arm (She looks so bad ass walking thorugh the crowd…and it became so much cooler when Ennio Morricone “Death Rides A Horse” started playing…oh lord…what a fucking bad ass!!!)
5. GoGo inspection (When the 18.104.22.168s played “Im Blue” and Gogo comes out to see who was spying on Oren. When she pulled out the dagger and the Bride is scared shitless when she is trying to keep herself at the ceiling…WOW!)
*Ill stop right there. I type too much. Im a bitch
After seeing this movie for the 20th time, I’d have to say:
Aftermath of Vernita Green fight. Easily has the worst spoken dialogue in the movie. It was one of the first scenes to be shot so the acting was a little rusty. “you can stop right there” also, “its mercy, compassion and forgivness i lack, not rationality” just sounded unsmooth to me.
The rest of the movie.
When oren isshii becomes queen of the yakuza and lobs off boss tanakas head. The whole sequence was so quick that even though i saw it coming it still came as a suprise.
[quote] author=Blood - Splattered Bride link=board=kb;num=1078754560;start=0#24 date=03/27/04 at 22:12:28]Noone really mentioned the Elle Driver scene in the hospital! I LOVED THAT SCENE!!! It’s my favourite in the movie. It’s awesome the fact just by the way Elle walks and whistles that she is a really nasty bitch. And the detail in this scene is fabulous. I mean that Elle’s coat has its lines drawn. Purely fabulous!!! Elle is also my favourite Deadly Viper. I think I’ll get really sad when Beatrix will do … whatever she will do to poor Elle!!!
Man, I love the scene! Elle’s gotta be my favorite deadly viper(er…next to the bride, ofcourse) I read that Daryl hannah mentioned that in Volume 2 we are gonna hate Elle even more, which worries me! She’s super cool, I love to hate her
My favorite scenes:
- The opening shot of The Bride on the floor, Bill talking to her then the BANG!!
- Brides name being bleeped, Nikkia comes home, The Gods eye view shot of The Bride and Vernita in the house.
- The spaghetti western flashback effect
- The Bride kicking the coffee cup at Vernita
- Elle walking in whistling Twisted Nerve/Bride split screen sequence
- Bride biting Truckers lip
- Buck discovering Trucker in slo mo - Friday The 13th style to Sette Note in Nero.
8) Bride looking for Pussy Wagon
- Entire anime sequence
- Entire Man from Okinawa chapter (SONNY CHIBA RULES!)
- The Bride in the airplane flying to Toho Tokyo
- Green Hornet-motorcycle/limo sequence
- Bride looking at Sofie Fatale in her car
- Oren and the Crazy 88s walking into the HOBL Reservoir Dogs style to BWHOH (gave me chills)
- The 5678s playing their music
- The Bride playing Spider Man on the ceiling. GoGo looking around.
- Brilliant DePalma style tracking shot of The Bride walking thru the HOBL to the restroom.
- The Crazy 88s making fun of “Charlie Brown”
- The Bride slicing Sofies arm off
- Bride vs Gogo (awesome sequence)
- The entire rest of the movie: LOVE when Johnny Mo yells and The Crazy 88 army comes tearing thru the place!!!..the opening sword eye gouging with “Nobody But Me” starts playing, the silouette fight, the “Gone With the Wind” blood orgy shot, ORen vs Bride in the snow (LOVE the water clock clicking and when Bride chops ORens scalp off set to “Flower of Carnage”) to The Bride dropping Sofie off at the hospital.
Note: The music chosen by QT is one of the best score ideas Ive heard for any film ever made. He has the golden touch.
My favorite scene is the whole movie.
[quote]My favorite scene is the whole movie.[/quote]
That was the right answer motherfucker! Kill Bill rules da world!!!
Man, I love the scene! Elle’s gotta be my favorite deadly viper(er…next to the bride, ofcourse) I read that Daryl hannah mentioned that in Volume 2 we are gonna hate Elle even more, which worries me! She’s super cool, I love to hate her [/quote]
Yeah, I will always love to hate Elle even if she turns out to be a worse bitch than Budd! She has that style! I just find her amazing!
what are your top 5 scenes from kill bill (meaning the entire two volumes)?
5. anime sequence
4. Elle and Beatrix fight
2. Elle bringing the lethal injection to the bride while “twisted nerve” is playing
- Pai Mei training
5. Vernita Green fight scene
4. Elle Driver fight scene
3. Hattori Hanzo bar scene
2. Superman monologue + Bill fight scene
- Pai Mei training + fight scene
5. House Of Blue Leaves
4. The Bride vs. O-Ren Ishii
3. Hattori Hanzo and Bald guy
2. The Bride vs. Elle
- Pai Mei training
5. The Lonely Grave of Paula Schultz
3. Bride vs. Elle
2. Pai Mei training
- The ending
Now, you talkin’ scenes or chapters? I’m asking 'cause you’ve got them all intermixed there. I’m going to go with chapters.
- The Cruel Tutelage of Pai Mei - Easily the best of anything ever. If only it was longer.
- Showdown at House of Blue Leaves - “Battle Without Honor or Humanity”, along with the slow-motion just gets me pumped up for the HoBL each and every time! It never fucking fails. Not to mention Chiaki. O-Ren (well, Lucy) could’ve been a bit more polished but nothing to complain about.
- The Man from Okinawa - Hattori Hanzo is really battling Budd as my favorite Budd as my favorite character. It’s funny how Hanzo is trying to get a piece of that hot Uma ass… I change my mind, The Bald Guy is my favorite character!
- The Lonely Grave of Paula Schultz - It actually started a little bit before this, whenever Budd first makes his apperance. The strip club scene was damn hilarious and I liked the little twist on the whole “blonde pussy” dialogue. And, although it wasn’t in this particular chapter, Beatrix breaking open the grave was a great builder.
- The Origin of O-Ren - The anime sequence is so cool and I love all the blood. I still cringe a little whenever O-Ren’s mom gets killed. :’( Plus, I believe it’s Bill (has this been confirmed yet?).