The Quentin Tarantino Archives logo

Fake Brands in Basterds

I have a strong felling that red apple with come out but does anyone know or think what brands QT will put in?

:slight_smile:

the only other brand i can think of atm is big kahuna burger and that would be impossible to be in the movie because:

1. fast food joints started in the U.S. - most (like Mcdonald’s) after WWII
  2. “that’s that Hawaiian burger joint” a Hawaiian themed restaurant wouldn’t fit Nazy occupied france.

hm i think we will have big kahuna burgers, because this is tarantinos crazy movie movie universe. i mean if u know what happens at the end, (and during) the movie lol, then u will also know that this films gonna be faaaar from reality :stuck_out_tongue:

Liberty Schnitzel

a phony American Hot Dog chain created to make American GI’s feel at home.

They want to make Americans feel at home in Nazi Occupied France when the Germans are still at war with the US ???

[quote=“nublob”]
They want to make Americans feel at home in Nazi Occupied France when the Germans are still at war with the US ???
[/quote]
of course. Because in reality it will be home. The Americans didn’t leave Europe for nearly 50 years after the showed those fascist bastards what the score was.

You must be smokin something…

[quote=“nublob”]
You must be smokin something…
[/quote]
you must be a European.

No I’m just an American who finds your proposition odd …that Germans would be opening a hot dog stand in France during the war to appeal to Americans :o

[quote=“nublob”]
No I’m just an American who finds your proposition odd …that Germans would be opening a hot dog stand in France during the war to appeal to Americans :o
[/quote]

well I’m an odd kind of guy. I actually proposed that the American Army would have hot dog stands at the camps…isn’t that odd?

no spoilers if possible. thank you. some of us don’t wanna know anything about what’s gonna happen, where things happen etc :smiley:

HAHAHAHAHA!! THIS IS HILARIOUS!! HAHAHAHAHA!!!

I only read the first two chapters, no fucking way am I going to spoil the ending for myself. But I think the golden watch might make a cameo and a dated Red Apple ciggy packet. Big Kahuna matches from Tennessee maybe?

Of QT’s Fake Brands in there like Red Apple or somthing

Nope. I don’t think I came across anything like this.

Hey guys, have a look to this pic I took from the dvd:

What’s inside Samm Levine’s pocket? It looks like a red apple cigarette package… :o

[quote=“Sylvia”]Hey guys, have a look to this pic I took from the dvd:

What’s inside Samm Levine’s pocket? It looks like a red apple cigarette package… :o[/quote]

Nice find!

[quote=“Ify”][quote=“Sylvia”]Hey guys, have a look to this pic I took from the dvd:

What’s inside Samm Levine’s pocket? It looks like a red apple cigarette package… :o[/quote]

Nice find![/quote]

Indeed! :slight_smile:

Didn’t Eli Roth say in some interview that the Basterds smoke Red Apple in the movie? I was surprised that we didn’t get any clearer picture of the box of cigarettes. Though, it’s cool that it can be found even it’s a bit blurry.

But two thumbs up, very nice find O0

Wow, nice find! You must have eagle eyes. +100 nerd points to you.

I’m going to go watch it again right now to see this.

Thanks for the nerd points! :smiley: