Eli Roth to make a trailer movie

;D

Filmmaker ELI ROTH enjoyed making a fake movie trailer for recent double bill Grindhouse so much, he’s decided to construct an entire film out of 20 or so promos.

The Hostel director’s Thanksgiving slasher trailer featured between Robert Rodriguez’s Planet Terror and Quentin Tarantino’s Death Proof.

And now Roth is in negotiations to film 20 to 25 such trailers to be played back-to-back in new movie Trailer Trash, to be shot on a budget of circa $15 million (£7.5 million).

He tells Moviehole.net, "(I have) so many ideas for either like steak movies or just terrible films that I’ll never make but that I think would be amazing trailers.

"And filming it was so fun because you get the satisfaction as if you made a feature. Because everybody just comes out remembering the best parts anyway. So you feel like you made a whole movie. And it’s all money shots. It’s like cheating. Like I got to just film the best stuff.

"I’m writing it with my brother, Gabe. And I have some other ideas that like just movies and ideas and things…

“We just have all these like kind of pet movies that we wish we could make one day that we probably never will. And now they can all become like great trailers in Trailer Trash.”

Movie & Entertainment News provided by World Entertainment News Network (www.wenn.com)

im looking foward to this but there is another topic for this somewhere.

I can’t believe he’s actually going to do this.

[quote=“Jack Rabbit Slim”]
I can’t believe he’s actually going to do this.
[/quote]

why the trailers where great and fun to watch.

I can see it if its straight to dvd but on the big screen no way but i hate the idea anyway. Why the hell would i want to watch a bunch of trailers of movies i will never ever see?

[quote=“me”]
I can see it if its straight to dvd but on the big screen no way but i hate the idea anyway. Why the hell would i want to watch a bunch of trailers of movies i will never ever see?
[/quote]

because of there sheer coolness.

Yeah, it seems cool. Telling a story isn’t Roth’s best part anyway. And if every one of those trailers is as cool as Thanksgiving I’m in :slight_smile:

[quote=“Jelle”]
Yeah, it seems cool. Telling a story isn’t Roth’s best part anyway. And if every one of those trailers is as cool as Thanksgiving I’m in :slight_smile:
[/quote]

yea roth cant tell a story for his life…his storys that he is trying to tell seuck anyway, this is why i think this will be the highlight of his crareer.

first of all, this is pretty old news.

second, i think it fits. since he seems to be unable to make a decent movie, why not stick to making trailers?

[quote=“Crazy_Hattori”]
first of all, this is pretty old news.

second, i think it fits. since he seems to be unable to make a decent movie, why not stick to making trailers?
[/quote]

yea trailers are the one thing h can do good.

I like his movies but this idea just seems really crazy but then again i did like Thanksgiving.

[quote=“me”]
I like his movies but this idea just seems really crazy but then again i did like Thanksgiving.
[/quote]

yea thanks giving was without a doubt the greatest thing he has ever directed.

If he gets other directors to direct some then i’ll think about seeing it.

After Eli Roth put together a faux trailer for “Grindhouse,” called “Thanksgiving,” he got an idea to make an entire movie out of trailers. He revealed that it will be called “Trailer Trash” and that some sort of a story would tie everything together.

Now, According to Bloody-Disgusting, Roth has announced that MGM will be releasing his film on August 22nd, 2008. In addition, he wrote in to the site. Here is what he had to say: “…that’s the date (August 22, 2008)! TRAILER TRASH was inspired by the two days we filmed “Thanksgiving,” which was the most fun I’ve ever had filming anything.

Trailer Trash is not a horror film, it’s a comedy. It will be very R-rated and completely insane, and I’m producing it with Mike Fleiss (who I did both “Hostel” films with), and writing it with my friends Jeff Rendell (my “Thanksgiving” co-writer, who also played The Pilgrim), Noah Belson (my co-creator on “The Rotten Fruit,”) and my brother Gabe, who’s collaborated with me on everything I’ve ever done.

I want to make a film like “Monty Python and the Holy Grail,” which I consider to be the greatest achievement in the history of cinema. The best part is I get to shoot some new THANKSGIVING scenes, as well as other holiday slasher films I’ve always dreamed of making but never would because they’d completely ruin me. I can’t wait to shoot!”

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://www.worstpreviews.com/headline.p … 85&count=0”>http://www.worstpreviews.com/headline.php?id=6185&count=0</LINK_TEXT>

Sounds exciting. Of course it’s a big risk to do only a trailer movie, you gotta find something to link everything , otherwise the viewer can get bored. But pretty good idea. Hope we’ll know more about the trailers themselves.

[quote=“Eastern Beauty”]very R-rated[/quote]
“This movie is very R-rated.”

"This movie is R-rated, but not so much."

Wait, what?

And you thought GRINDHOUSE bombed…

[quote=“Eastern Beauty”]
After Eli Roth put together a faux trailer for “Grindhouse,” called “Thanksgiving,” he got an idea to make an entire movie out of trailers. He revealed that it will be called “Trailer Trash” and that some sort of a story would tie everything together.

Now, According to Bloody-Disgusting, Roth has announced that MGM will be releasing his film on August 22nd, 2008. In addition, he wrote in to the site. Here is what he had to say: “…that’s the date (August 22, 2008)! TRAILER TRASH was inspired by the two days we filmed “Thanksgiving,” which was the most fun I’ve ever had filming anything.

Trailer Trash is not a horror film, it’s a comedy. It will be very R-rated and completely insane, and I’m producing it with Mike Fleiss (who I did both “Hostel” films with), and writing it with my friends Jeff Rendell (my “Thanksgiving” co-writer, who also played The Pilgrim), Noah Belson (my co-creator on “The Rotten Fruit,”) and my brother Gabe, who’s collaborated with me on everything I’ve ever done.

I want to make a film like “Monty Python and the Holy Grail,” which I consider to be the greatest achievement in the history of cinema. The best part is I get to shoot some new THANKSGIVING scenes, as well as other holiday slasher films I’ve always dreamed of making but never would because they’d completely ruin me. I can’t wait to shoot!”

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://www.worstpreviews.com/headline.p … 85&count=0”>http://www.worstpreviews.com/headline.php?id=6185&count=0</LINK_TEXT>
[/quote]

August 22nd! Eli Roth remembered my birthday! I’ll be there on opening night! How sweet of him!

JK - i’m not crazy. Need more lithium AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

[quote=“cyber-lili”]
Sounds exciting. Of course it’s a big risk to do only a trailer movie, you gotta find something to link everything , otherwise the viewer can get bored. But pretty good idea. Hope we’ll know more about the trailers themselves.
[/quote]

Well that’s the easy part, it always revolves around a character or an item like in Pulp

Fiction. Marsellus Wallace was really the glue that holds all the characters together. And the briefcase also has a huge role in the movie. I’m sure QT might help his buddy figure it out.

hmmm, sounds very good. this might be the first Eli Roth movie that is worth watching (for me) and yes, Monty Python and the Holy Grail kicks ass, he’s right about that.