Did the BB scene hit anyone else?

It wasn’t untill today (Saw it on Friday at noon) that the scene where kiddo was laying with her daughter really hit me. When I was watching I was kind of half thinking, “well this is cool, but kinda long and corny (with the music and all)” but now that I look back that was probably the heaviest and best scene in the movie for it. Listening to the soundtrack and hearing that song just totally hits me. I guess it was just the first time I really saw her really happy, she forgot about everything (even Bill) and was just with her daughter. The song was perfect and added a sad tone to the scene, I was happy that it faded out too, instead of just cutting out as much of the background music seemed to of in the movie, kinda initiating a dramatic change in scenes or what not. It was a very mellow transfer into her sitting, facing Bill, back to business for one last time in her life.

Hah, sorry got a little dramatic there.

It hit me too. Durring/after Beatrix kills Bill, the movie was full of emotion and I almost got a tear in my eye which rarely happens. Such irony with the five point palm heart exploding technique.

I’ll admit, during the scene where she’s laying on the bathroom floor crying, I got a little teary eyed too…In fact, when i first read the script coming home from NYC on a bus around midnight, I got all choked up then too. I mean, just reading the SCRIPT made me emotional–now thats some powerful writing QT, excellent way to end it.

I absolutly LOVED the music from the bb lying in bed scene, i found it to be detached, as if it makes you forget about the whole killing spree of doom. It transforms the movie from an action packed freak out, into what feels like a glimpse of real life, just a glimpse…

It’s one of my favorite scenes in the film.

Absolutely. The scene where Bea sees her daughter for the first time was utterly surreal, and the bathroom scene at the end was beautifully done (and it made sense). Overall, the end of the movie made me feel warm and fuzzy. (Yes, warm and fuzzy in a QT movie. Who’da thunk it?)

It was really odd for me. For some reason, when I read the script over the past summer, the whole scene with B.B. never really hit me as particularly touching or anything. I guess its just because up until the actual release of Kill Bill Volume II, the very concept of a child appearing in a Tarantino movie just seemed ludicrous.

However, QT managed to really make those scenes work, and he found a really cute kid to play the part, which certainly helped.

You know, it’s strange, but when I read the script (I skipped over parts I’d heard wouldn’t be in the movie ie. Mr Barrell, Yuki’s Revenge, Can She Bake a Cherry Pie) I kind of found that whole part really hokey, and it wasn’t until the movie that I saw how well it worked.

i didnt find the scene that good. to me, initially, i thought it was because it was leading up to the final showdown, but it lead to nothing. the last 20 minutes of this movie was shit to me. when the music played while they were watching shogu assasins i thought it was a sellout movie. i mean really who thinks that scene has tarantino written on it? anyways, to me its just a prolouge to a boring ending.

the credits rocked though, and reminded me of how cool vol 1 was.

I love Tarantino films. sob sob

Meh, I didn’t like the ending that much. Her lying on the floor crying didnt hit me at all. I thought it was really corny. I thought it shoulda hadda casual ending like Pulp. Sure their different, but come on, at least end cool.

I only saw it once so, Ill prolly feel a whole lot different a second time around. Who the fuck knows.

I was disapointed by that ending too! It didn’e seem tarantino at all! I mean all of his films have brilliant endings but in Kill Bill it was just corny and it didnt make me feel anything!! I really hope Tarantino hasn’t lost his touch because i gotta confess, Volume 2 was no where near as cool as his other films and that includes Volume 1! Maybe he just wanted to try something different but either way, i didnt like it!!

Just to update…I went to see it for a 3rd time yesterday, and I went with two of my friends who hadn’t seen it yet.

Ages 19 and 20, female and male respectively, not overly sappy people or anything, but both were sniffling and shedding a tear or two during the B.B. parts (like when she first saw her, and then at the very end). And I was too, of course, even on my 3rd time seeing it.

bravo Quentin, you’ve found your feminin side.

[quote]Just to update…I went to see it for a 3rd time yesterday, and I went with two of my friends who hadn’t seen it yet.

Ages 19 and 20, female and male respectively, not overly sappy people or anything, but both were sniffling and shedding a tear or two during the B.B. parts (like when she first saw her, and then at the very end). And I was too, of course, even on my 3rd time seeing it.

bravo Quentin, you’ve found your feminin side.[/quote]
Yep. Quentin even said that he literally became more feminine while writing the film. I think he talked about it in the playboy interview. How he went out and bought flowers for his house and became more sensitive.

The end of the film is very emotional. The last scenes made me sad and happy at the same time. Happy that Beatrix finds out that her daughter is alive and sad that Bill dies. Especially after you see the great relationship between BB and Bill.

I agree for 100%. The ending was an ingenious finale for the whole movie.

The ending was sad for me, because I think she was wrong in claiming her revenge, when the family was gathered and Bill regretted what he did to her.

She began breaking the rules by leaving him. She didn’t ever consider that his assault was in accordance with the gangster law she once agreed to.

Bill learnt from it all and regretted. She didn’t learn anything from it all, apart from some tricks. She did’nt grow.

The scene where she’s lying on the floor and crying was very touching! coming to think about it, it still hits me, especially when i hear the music played after that scene (Rodriguez song…)

this was a perfect ending, and i’ve never enjoyed a movie sooo much as kill bill vol.2!

I think that whole scene is amazing… i’d go as far as saying its among QT’s best work, mostly because everyone knows how good QT does action and more day to day inane dialogue but this is the first time he’s really had a proper soul to his work and show a completely three dimentional character… look at the credits Uma is black mamba (the kick ass, take no prisoners, no quarter asked and none given assassin) and MOMMY… a real person that can just about be related to as well as Beatrix Kiddo who would be the combination of the two sides. Where as while we did see a funny side to Jules and Vincent as well as the tough guy side none of the characters were ever really shown with any emotion. However the end of Kill Bill is full of emotions sometimes at odds with each other, the heart break of being betrayed by a lover, still being in love despite the hurt caused (these apply to both Bea and Bill) but in the end they KNOW one of them has to die they could never take it back (and the audience knows who). Then in the very final scene we see conflicting emotions again as Bea Mourns lost love and is happy at having a new life with a Daughter she though was dead until possibly only a few days previous.

Guess I’m a little late for this, but I’ll answer anyway lol

I love the ending. I mean, I saw Vol 2 about 7 times so far, and it still gets me. That song, where BB is asleep and Bea looks at her pic etc, is one of my faves. It also adds the tension to the audience when Bea walks down the stairs looking at Bill, you know there’s going to be a show down. Both the characters are strong personalities, and although Bill expressed regret for what he did, it still doesn’t change it. It also gives more dimension to the characters and makes a great ending.

BB i the most charming child i’ve ever seen in a movie