Did the BB scene hit anyone else?

First of all, the girl that plays BB is amazing. And as for the ending… I can’t say enough good things about it. For one thing, the toy she’s hugging is a lion, which, if she’s the lioness, totally shows the dilemma that faced her when meeting Bill. She still loves/respects him (or at least she doesn’t hate him) while realising that, after everything she’s been through, she has to kill him, even if it might be better if she doesn’t. And who hasn’t has those moments that you try to stifle so much, and go into another room to express? That is so realistic to me. And when she puts her necklace thing on the picture, it’s incredible because she knows that she may never see her daughter, the reason behind everything, ever again, if she looses. She’s both the reason she has to kill Bill and the reason why she also shouldn’t.

Ew. So many spiders at the moment.

To me, Volume 2 had everything that says ‘Tarantino’ to me in it, and it can all be summed up from the necklace onwards. It’s that feeling of ‘o NO. You can’t do that, but you have to’; dilemmas faced by characters. None of that made sense to you, probably, but I know what I mean. I think of it as much more of a Tarantino film than Volume 1, that, don’t get me wrong, I LOVE just as much. Tarantino films aren’t about violence, they’re about people making decisions. They’re about honour and betrayal. I think you can see which one is my very favourite (RD), but my point still stands.

I though it was incredable the scene where she first sees her daughter, cause it goes from this tense momemnt where shes stalking through the house ready to kill bill, and then all of a sudden she’s in this very intimate family momment, which really kinda comes as a shock, both to her and the audience. I also think that it shows Bill in a diffrent light, and it makes him seem much more realistic and rational, and you actually begin to understand why he did what he did…I still think it was right that she killed him though…especially with that quote earlier by Hanzo, about nothing getting in the way of a warriors revenge, it shows that even though it was emotionally difficult thing for her, she wouldnt let anything stop her from fufillng her mission.

[quote]I was disapointed by that ending too! It didn’e seem tarantino at all! I mean all of his films have brilliant endings but in Kill Bill it was just corny and it didnt make me feel anything!! I really hope Tarantino hasn’t lost his touch .[/quote]

i disagree, shes human, she sees her daughter for the first time, she wants to spend as much time as possible with her before facing Bill, i she doesnt know wether or not she is can die or overcome. its how it should've been ended, it wasnt just QT getting lazy its just the best way to end, you cant have the bride just going medeviel on Bill's ass like she did with O-Ren.

Yeah, the ending rocks. You get to know the characters to a great amount. Then there’s no long dragged out “Is she going to kill him, or is she going to die?” We, the audience, know that she’s going to kill him, however she doesn’t. So she has to spend time with BB before she kills Bill. I like how it’s just sudden, it does seem a little bushwacked for Bill to just swing his sword, however, that’s Bill… he’s a murdering bastard. Anyway, I loved the ending, it wasn’t too played out. I thought it was funny that the Oren fight was a little too drawn out, even though it was a flash back from the first scene. Like we didn’t know if she was going to make it. My sister leaned over to me during the fight with Oren and said “I know she makes it but I’m still nervous for some reason”

The first time I watched volume 2 I did’nt think much of that scene. The second time I watched it I got really emotional, I felt so sorry for little BB, she deserves a normal life. But then again Bea wants her baby back. It was fantasticly written and brilliantly acted.

By the way. What kind of parents would let their FOUR year old daughters be in a Tarantino film?

me

[quote]
By the way. What kind of parents would let their FOUR year old daughters be in a Tarantino film?[/quote]

I´m not sure, if I understand your question right. Do you mean, what parents would allow her child to act in an QT movie?

Well, Vivica talked about the scene in an interview and she underlined that QT was VERY careful with the little girl.
She was only on the set to play her role. She was not at the set in the moment they shoot the scene with the knife throwing.
Vivica said that all was well planned to take care for the girl. She has not seen the whole scene on the set.

So, in this way, I think it was not wrong from the parents to allow their child to play the role. There is prolly more violence in our typical TV program, than in the things she was involved on the set.

What’s so bad about Tarantino? Yeah, Kill Bill Volume 1 was violent, but really… I think that if he can write about children that movingly, they should be safe on set. I don’t know, I’m mostly writing this to see if I’ll be promoted to 2 stars. But also I mean it.

One more post

when i saw the movie and she saw BB for the first time I cried. I couldnt help it. And when she’s laying there with her I wanted to cry, but only because it seemed that finally things were right. It was how it should have been all along.

When she hold’s BB for the first time and gives Bill that look I do a little shudder, like a jidder-bug!

But what hits me harder is Bill’s final walk. The whole sequence to when he rises from the chair, buttons his coat, looks at Bea for the last time, and walks those final five steps, and with Morricone BLARING over the soundtrack and then he falls. I weep EVERY time I see it. I’ll watch it tonight and I’d cry. Then tommorow morning I could put it on again, fast-forward to the scene, watch it and cry again. It hits me that quick. Yup, I’m a big big softy and I love it to tears.

[quote=“Ringo”]
When she hold’s BB for the first time and gives Bill that look I do a little shudder, like a jidder-bug!

[/quote]

Yeh, the same thing happens to moi.

I was surprised to see the writing that Q did for BB. It was very heartfelt and warm. He can write for children, cool children mind you. And BB is definately a cool child. All the scenes with her are dear to me and yes the ending with Uma on the floor crying is perfect. The revelation of all she has done and the outcome being so overwhelming, what else can she do but break down in a private moment and weep. Perfect.

The first time I saw the movie I though B.B. was really annoying and she pissed me off…but then I realized that most kids her age seem annoying so it wasn’t as bad

I loved the music!

Actually the scene did not made me cry or something, it was just the right scene in the right place, just like all the scenes in this perfect movie. It, of course, was the most touching one.

Beatrix’s tough killer veneer and humanity instantly collide when she sees her daughter BB and Bill. Then the scene at the end in the bathroom Beatrix’s past and future collide emotionally in a beautiful manner, one dead and buried but not entirely forgotten yet, the other renewed and born again, offering a new life and future. Her whole existance and life up til being reunited with her daughter was of fantasy adventure and wealth, now Beatrix can finally lead an ordinary existance and love her child. The fairy tale ends on a somber yet bright note.

sniff, sniff

Poignant and stirring material, I have a difficult time biting back the tears and I am a dude (ya know not so supposed sensitive and all… hehe).

This scene made me cry bucketloads. I think it was one of the best scenes in both movies. ‘About Her’ was so perfect for that scene, everytime i hear it i have to stop myself from crying. Amazing scene. It really got me.

you wanna know the truth? I literally cried from the beginning to the end of the ENTIRE FILM. Not sobbing or anything, but I had to have a hankie all the time, and I am so bad at crying in public (meaning I never do it), so this really was unusual. I cried for a number of reasons (just got back from studying in the backwaters of Mississippi for 4 months), but yeah, this film also moved me so much in its own right. The song was incredible. The whole thing was incredible. The BB girl was really good at acting. Um. Also I didn’t go and see it for ages after it was released because I had to see it with my best friend, and, you know, we were in different continents. So it was even more built up.

I think also the relationship between Bill & Bea was really strong. David & Uma had so much chemistry, it was so believeavle. I mean after the whole film, i was actually sad when Bill Died…how crazy is that?