Death proof (spoilers!)

Considering it’s battling it out against some of the major blockbusters of the year, I’d say those figures are pretty good.

Death Proof trailer in proper quality:

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://www.allocine.fr/video/player.htm … 08247&hd=1”>http://www.allocine.fr/video/player.html?cmedia=18731231&cfilm=108247&hd=1</LINK_TEXT>

That’s actually pretty fucking cool.

yea its kind of like the modern counterpart to the original poster.

Paranoia Prima - Ennio Morricone - in which scene you can hear this song ???

[quote=“Seth_Gecko”]
Just saw it in Belgium with a handful of Qt- afficionado’s the other day :smiley:

I just saw the extended cut of Death Proof…so no trailers and certainly no Planet Terror…BUT I loved it soooo fucking much!

I loved the dialogue and the atmosphere…the ripped images and the damaged/ Godard “jump cuts” were just adding to the experience.

The balance in the movie was like riding a rollercoaster blind. You get accustomed to the relaxedness and then blown away by the ubercool action!! :stuck_out_tongue: The lines were very cool too…lots of references and just an amazing ride! I LOVED the ending…kept me laughing all through the credits :smiley:
[/quote]

Haha word. The dialogue was fucking amazing. The ending was crazy when they beat on him, he falls to the floor and they all jump with their hands raised and it says “The End” and you think the film is over. Then you see “Written and Directed by Quentin Tarantino” and then a final shot of Abernathy stomping Mike’s face in. Haha, fucking genius.

I don’t know if this was a mistake but, when the girls are sitting outside on the porch of the bar (when it is raining), Stuntman Mike recites the poen to Arlene and states her name a few times. Then, Arlene says to him (after asking for his name) “Well, Stuntman Mike, I’m Butterfly. My friend Jungle Julia over here says that jukebox inside is pretty impressive.” which seemed a bit silly because he already knew her name and said it whilst he was talking.

[quote=“Michel”]
Paranoia Prima - Ennio Morricone - in which scene you can hear this song ???

[/quote]

accompanies appearances by stuntman mike in his car. very subtle

[quote=“Sebastian”]
accompanies appearances by stuntman mike in his car. very subtle
[/quote]

Thanks !

Very scary :slight_smile:

Just saw Death Proof! Spoilers ahead obviously:

Jesus Christ, God Almighty and all you other guys up there, was that movie fucking good or what! Going in I had my worries about the dialogue cause I had heard complaints about it. And in the first scene (when Jungle Julia, Butterfly and Pam(?) were talking in the car) I did have a sinking feeling cause there the dialogue did annoy me a bit but from there on it was very enjoyable stuff.

And yes, of course the car chase was very fucking cool but the first car crash (where the four chicks die) was the best car crash ever. If you’ve seen it, you know why. And if any of y’all have seen, I know you’ve seen it at least four times ;D

Great acting all around, cool music, nice butt shots… In the previews I didn’t think too much of Vanessa Ferlito but her character was really hot in the movie and she acted the part really well, probably my favourite performance of the movie. At least of the chicks, of course Russell was the man too. Zoe was also surprisingly good, I had heard complaints about her performance too. Idiots… It was also nice to see familiar faces pop up here and there like Nicky Katt as the guy at the register, Michael Parks as Earl McGraw again (I thought he was only in Planet Terror) and the guy who was Jesse’s friend in Free Willy was Eli Roth’s friend in this one. What, seeing a guy from Free Willy made me excited? Well shit yeah, I remember getting excited the first time I saw the father from Free Willy as an ear-cutting psychopath in Reservoir Dogs :wink:

The most hardcore chick flick ever made. A total chick flick, but suited me fine, I’m practically a feminist lesbian trapped in a man’s body myself. Men are pigs, aren’t they? But anyhoo, the funniest movie Tarantino has made yet. I’m still smiling like a jackass at the whole thing. And I was speeding like a maniac when I drove home from the theater. Yeah like you could drive safely and slowly after watching Death Proof. I haven’t been this pumped after going to the movies since Kill Bill. Anybody else see a pattern here… :wink:

9 + / 10

Haha, it sure was fucking insane. In fact, I liked this more after watching it then the first time I watched either of the Kill Bill volumes.

Right now i think it’s Quentin’ best movie, beats all of them. I’ve seen it twice. im hoping that I can see once more before the cinemas stop showing it.

It’s a shame I didn’t get to watch it again in Prague, but I will definitely be watching it another two times or more when it is released here in the UK.

Oh and by the way, I already mentioned that one scene in the beginning that annoyed me. I understood that scene is also in the shorter version? But anyway that’s my least favourite scene in the movie and wouldn’t want anything else cut from the movie. So now I’m having doubts if I would enjoy Grindhouse as much after seeing this long version of DP.

I also happened to run across the Thanksgiving trailer on Youtube a while ago and couldn’t resist the temptation of watching it. It was alright and the cheerleader scene was funny but it wasn’t nearly as insanely hilarious as I had heard from others. So now I’m having doubts about the other fake trailers too. I bet Machete is a lotta fun and maybe Don’t too but I’ve never liked Rob Zombie so maybe his trailer won’t be that hot either.

This is like Kill Bill all over again. At first I was like I can’t believe the motherfuckers are splitting it in half but now I can’t help but think of them as two movies that I enjoy watching separately rather than back to back. Hope the long Planet Terror rocks even half as much as the long Death Proof does.

Hi, I saw it, in Finland, with dicks that don’t understand not a shit.

I was dissappointed. I want to see the original one. I have a comprehension that the longer cut is made longer under necessity and with extra girl talk which just… to me… made it boring and out of context (the movie became irrational, something that it wasn’t meant to be). And OH MY I forgot; not that the dialogue in the added parts was in anyway shit, but still after-added -feeling and not-going along with everything else, the OH MY was I shitting my pants, they, they, I wonder if HE, thehte, they altered the course of the grindhousey worn out look so that the centre of the film, was completely utterly without any suggestions to Grindhouse itself. I was like what the hell and all that… then they tried to bring the cool mood back at the end but the result to me was artificial… of course this is what happens when the sales are more important than artists.

Mike was an incredible character (not just that WOW first he desecrated and then cries uuhuu): he made me a pervert freak instantly.

What the hell are you blathering on about?

1. Added parts decreased the quality of the film

2. Deleting the worn out look in the majority of the film in order to archieve greater sales, is superficial

3. Mike was great: he turned me into a freaky man

[quote=“Leather Love”]

1. Added parts decreased the quality of the film

2. Deleting the worn out look in the majority of the film in order to archieve greater sales, is superficial

3. Mike was great: he turned me into a freaky man
    [/quote]

4. I thought the added parts were some of the best scenes of the film (lapdance, b+w sequence)

5. QT has already explained the reason for why the film looks better as it moves along. It has nothing to do with sales.

6. Mike was great.