Death Proof & Best Buy?

Best Buy is advertising a Death Proof exclusive on thier site (<LINK_TEXT text=“http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp … id=1674466”>http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8468623&st=death+proof&lp=1&type=product&cp=1&id=1674466</LINK_TEXT>) anybody know what this is? Is it a package variation or are they getting something the others are not?

well it is a metal/tin pack. if there are more features, is unknown. but store-exclusives are a common feature nowadays

I live on the big island of Hawaii we dont have best buy and i dont have a creditcard so i cant order it online so i guess i just have to get the normal DVD

I thought it said a while back there are 3 discs in the tin version, and 2 in the regular version!

cool ill prob get this one, i got the exclusive jason forever disk from them when the friday the 13th boxset came out too.

I actually think the standard packaging looks cooler (With all the girls in the background) so I’ll probably just get that instead. But I love the look of the Planet Terror steelbook!

I’ve been very fond of buying all new released DVDs at Best Buy because of the “exclusive features”.

[quote=“Laydback”]
I actually think the standard packaging looks cooler (With all the girls in the background) so I’ll probably just get that instead. But I love the look of the Planet Terror steelbook!
[/quote]

They are nearly the same cover art.

^Aw man. So is that the final cover-art? The steelbok copy that was at Comic-Con just had the car on it and nothing else.

Buuuut…The black outline on the standard cover still looks a little better to me. :wink:

yea i will admit, i like the pure red better than the purplish red color.

[quote=“Laydback”]
^Aw man. So is that the final cover-art? The steelbok copy that was at Comic-Con just had the car on it and nothing else.
[/quote]

The Comic Con version was nearly identical except that it now says "Grindhouse presents" at th top.

I need the ducky too! 8)

[quote=“DarthMarino”]

The Comic Con version was nearly identical except that it now says “Grindhouse presents” at th top.
[/quote] ::slight_smile:

That is a badass dvd cover! So in reality it really is two for the price of two. . . :-</E>

$40.00 for both DP and PT, hey but it’s worth that money.

[quote=“Seth_Gecko”]
I need the ducky too! 8)
[/quote]

So buy one for your car!

http://www.convoyduck.com

^ I am. I have a Nova.

[quote=“PutneySwope”]
So buy one for your car!

http://www.convoyduck.com
[/quote]

Sweet.

The bonus feature on the third disc is a 30-minute “making of” feature. Keep in mind that the steelbook with the third disc is $22.99 while the standard 2-disc edition is $16.99.

That 30-minute “making of” feature does sound interesting but I still have a question I’m wondering if any one here can answer. So is the steel case edition of Death Proof just exactly like or just similar to the Departed steel case DVD? I ask cause I own the steel case DVD edition of The Departed. And if it is exactly like or similar to, then I’ll have better idea of which one to buy.

[quote=“Chingón”]
That 30-minute “making of” feature does sound interesting but I still have a question I’m wondering if any one here can answer. So is the steel case edition of Death Proof just exactly like or just similar to the Departed steel case DVD? I ask cause I own the steel case DVD edition of The Departed. And if it is exactly like or similar to, then I’ll have better idea of which one to buy.
[/quote]

It will be exactly like the Departed steelbook. There’s a bunch out there besides the Departed one and they are all the same dimensions, etc.

[quote=“DarthMarino”]
The bonus feature on the third disc is a 30-minute “making of” feature. Keep in mind that the steelbook with the third disc is $22.99 while the standard 2-disc edition is $16.99.
[/quote]Hold on for a second, please.

The Steelbook at BestBuy is $29.99, or am I wrong?

And where do you get the standard edition that cheap?

I paid $20.31 at dvdpacific.com for it and the only place where I could find it cheaper was BestBuy, again ($19.99); but they don’t ship international :frowning: